1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Huajing-Doll 1/4 Discussion

Dec 23, 2015

1. If you're able to take a photo that would be so, so helpful. :D I'm trying to decide if I need to buy a new pair of 14mms for her or if I could use some of the 16mms I have in storage.

Oh! Which Soom girl are you buying? Someday I dream of owning a Serin or Rico. I still kick myself for not buying her when she was released. :doh

That's interesting RE: Soulkid bodies. I'll have to remember that. Did you go for the human, elf, or animal version of Junia?

And LOL I stalk the Volks SDC thread, too. :XD: I would love a Mina or May someday... and I keep hoping Volks will release a Four Sisters SDC. That would be my ultimate grail.

She'd make a super cute friend for your Luts Baby Delf! :whee:

I love Spiritdoll Pyrus. Good choice. :thumbup

If you're looking at Kid Delfs, have you considered a boy Kiwi or R.Kiwi? I have both on my wishlist. Years ago (2010-ish) I stumbled across someone who had both as boys, and ever since I saw that pair I've dreamed of owning them, too.

Other cute/androgynous boy sculpts I can think of include DreamingDoll Lia (I own a boy version), 5Star MuRan, Asleep Eidolon Lemon, DollLove Xing Ye, and Migidoll Joel.

Annnnnnnnd Clover-Singing has confirmed my payment so my wait on HD Kimberly officially begins! :dance

2. Ah, I'm getting Ior and a Serin head. :) I don't have a body for that head yet though. Ior actually arrived today! While I'm not a fan of the resin color, I really do love her sculpt. Eventually, I'll try to give her a de-yellowing treatment. She photographs a little on the green side. X_X

As for Junia, I went human :) I normally prefer human sculpts, though I can definitely see myself getting a few elves from time to time. My new Ior is my first elf. ;)

And YES! I want those SDC girls so badly, and I think I am working out a layaway deal with a seller on here, so with any lucky, I'll have a lovely Mina in a few months! Here's to hoping. :o

I love how similar our tastes are, by the way ;)

I definitely do want a Huajing Youle at some point, but I am going to hold off for now. It seems that all of my funds are going to go toward my Angell-Studio order and my other layaways. Lol!

Oh, and I LOVE AE Lemon! But I want her eventually as a girl. Haha. Maaaybe I can get twins one day? Who knows. ~_~

Oh, and I finally got around to putting some 16mms in my Tia for you to see. I don't like it as much as the 14s. It's harder to get the full pupil in view, and the eyes don't easily sit flush, so they tend to stay a bit further back in the eye socket. Here's a photo for reference:

[​IMG]

Oh, and I finally settled on a wig for my AS Mandarava (now named Elia). I'll be posting those soon! :D

3. Hooray!!!! Thank you so, so much for the photo! :D Tia looks beautiful, but I def' agree that 14mm >>> 16mm for her. Oh well. I guess I'll just continue saving these 16mm urethanes for a rainy day and start looking for some 14mms. :XD: Really do appreciate your help---immensely!

Congrats on your Ior! And your Serin! Wow, so lucky! :XD: I bet they will both be beauties. I saw your gallery threads featuring Tia and Elia and they looked absolutely adorable. I especially love the wig you chose for Elia---the pale blonde paired with her blue dress makes her look so feminine and adorable! :daisy

After doodling outfit concepts I'm 95%y sure my HD Kimberly is going to be my bioengineer OC (as opposed to my bounty hunter OC). If she nays the red wig I showed you previously, I may save up $$$$ and order her a custom one. She'll be a project doll of mine, for sure. <3

Annnnnnd I've officially been waiting for a week! Ugh, I hope she ships fast. :XD: I can't wait to get my grubby hands on that pretty HD box. :lol:

Me too! :daisy

4. Thank you so much for the compliments on my girls <3 I am really happy with Elia's wig, too! I actually just got a new outfit for her in the mail, so she'll have more photoshoots soon :)

I cannot wait to see your Kimberly! I wonder, are you going to paint her yourself? Her default face up is very soft and doesn't seem necessarily suited to the stronger tough girl you have envisioned! I can always be proven wrong though ;)

I hope she ships fast for you, too! If I recall correctly, it only took about 6 weeks for Clover Singing to get my girl in.

5. You are very welcome. Your girls deserve it and I look forward to seeing Elia in her new outfit!! :daisy

To answer your question, I am going to try to paint my girl, myself. I still need a lot of practice, but I've only completed nine or so face-ups to date (here's a recent example). Right now, I'm thinking of giving her some sultry brows with smoky grey-to-orange eyeshadow. :XD: I'm still debating on how to paint her blushing and lips.

Since her character is into science I bought her this adorable dino pajama set so she won't be completely naked when she arrives. :sweat I asked the maker if the tank top could be replaced with a sports bra and/or cropped top and they agreed (:D) so I'm super excited about that.

And wow! Only six weeks?!?! That's awesome! Maybe my order will take a little less since she's blank. I will say that your girl's company face-up is OUTSTANDING and one of the better defaults I've ever seen. If I weren't hoping to shell such a wild character, I would have def' went for it, myself. :3nodding:

6. I'm two months in waiting for my Kimberly and I'm going nuts. Any pic spam of any HD sculpt would be appreciated!

7. I took more photos of Tia that I could share :D Just need to go through them and do some cropping and editing. :D

8. I would loooooooove to see your Tia! <3

9. Tia tried on a new dress last week. :) I think purple is her color.

[​IMG]

10. Ah! Tia! Gorgeous as usual!! :love I agree---she looks fantastic in purple!

Thank you so much for the photo spam, @wherethelilacsbloom. :daisy

11. HOORAY!!! My HD Kimberly shipped!! :dance

I shall post a link to her box opening once she arrives. :daisy

12. Eee! Congratulations!

Perhaps you will get her today ^_^ Would love to see.

Tia is curious to see another like her!

[​IMG]

13. Thank you!!! :daisy Your adorable Tia takes my breath away, as always! <3

And my girl did arrive today----hooray! Her name is Watts. :) Here is a link to her box opening, in case you'd like to see:

Huajing-Doll Kimberly Box Opening

All I have is her underwear at the moment, but I plan to buy her some 14mm urethane eyes and a custom SophyMolly wig as soon as I save up enough funds.

I'll also go ahead and share a photo here in case anyone who stumbles upon this thread wants to see how the HD Kimberly sculpt looks blank. :daisy I absolutely love her mouth shape. She has little teeth between her lips, too! :whee:

[​IMG]

14. Ah, what a great sculpt blank! Makes me wonder how different another Kimberly might look if I got her a custom face up ~_~

No, no, Ashley.. No duplicates yet, please.. D:

15. Yes, the sculpt offers a lot of potential, for sure. Once the weather here cools down I hope to paint my girl----I begin to feel guilty when/if my dolls are without faces for too long. :sweat

Anyway, I'll share an update once Watts actually begins to look like herself so Tia can see what another HD Kimberly can look like. As is everything is all wrong (except her cute face and undies, lol)... but I'm a sucker for a blank canvas! :daisy

16. Aah, my fiance said he wanted to buy me a gift, and he noticed me looking at her. He's going to buy her for me! :D

And it lines up so well with the 12% discount on Clover-Singing! I am going to mail Christina and ask her to list Eudora on the site so that he can buy her for me. <3 Will keep you posted!

17. Ordered and paid in full this morning :) Sooo excited to see her cute face!

The wait is about 6 weeks, right? She may end up arriving during our vacation this fall, but that's OK :D

Tags: