1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Huajing-Doll 1/4 Discussion

Dec 23, 2015

1. Congrats on ordering your new girl! :daisy Did you go for blank or with a face-up?

I waited 10 weeks for Watts.:sweat I think HD may be a little behind on orders due to their summer event.

2. I went for the face up, but without the heart detail on her cheek. :) I liked how they styled her and figured I could always wipe her when I get tired of the face up. I have too many blank heads here to justify ordering more blank girls, though.

10 weeks still isn't too bad :) Really excited to see her..

3. Ahhh, I'm so excited for you! She's absolutely beautiful and I'd love to see photos. :love

4. Thank you, @NekoNyanMew ! These girls are really so cute :D I wonder if I'll have the first Eudora on DoA?

It seems like I had the first Kimberly, too xD Unless others just didn't share theirs!

5. @wherethelilacsbloom, I wouldn't be surprised if your Eudora is the first one posted on DoA!

Huajing-Doll isn't nearly as popular as it should be, especially considering their kickass prices. I've put their 1/6th Mignon on my wish list, but I'm honestly torn between Mignon and Eudora. I'm hoping your incoming girly will help me decide. :kitty2

6. My order is almost a month old now.. :) And I can't lie. I'm feeling really impatient to see her!

I hope the production time has accelerated recently, so that I can have her sometime this coming month. <3

7. I was just thinking about your incoming girl, @wherethelilacsbloom! :whee:

I may get a Eudora sometime after Christmas. The photos of your girly will definitely help me decide, so I'm pretty pumped for ya, too.

8. Ooh, I certainly hope that you get a Eudora also <3 She seems so gorgeous in photos, and if she's anything like my Tia, she'll be even more beautiful in your user photos!

On the subject of Tia, I've taken to spoiling her lately :) She received new urethane eyes to add a little more depth to her gaze, and this gorgeous new outfit just arrived from my taobao order! I think it suits her rather well. <3 I have one equally as lovely for my little Eudora, when she decides to arrive.

[​IMG]

#88 wherethelilacsbloom, Sep 8, 2016
      Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    9. Lovely in lace, as always. <3

Beautiful urethane eyes, too! May I ask what kind they are? :daisy

10. Thank you. <3 They are Mako's. The Amaryllis eyes. I find those shimmer and catch the light so nicely. I do wish that they were the teensiest bit smaller though. I might go for another brand of eyes in a similar taupe color, if I can find them. :)

Here's a better shot of her face, so you that you can see . :)

[​IMG]

11. Beautiful! :daisy I love Makos---I've owned multiple Makos but never a pair from the Amaryllis line. Tia's are a wonderful brown hue. They bring her to life! :D

Thank you for the photo and additional details, btw. :)

12. When my Mako order came in, I immediately favored the brightness and depth in the Amaryllis line and have actually made another small order with more colors in that line :) I think it's my favorite of Mako's lines.

Still wanting to make orders from other places, like Enchanted Doll and Vings, but that will have to wait until such a time where I am not paying doll layaways. Haha.

13. I love those Makos in Tia, @wherethelilacsbloom. I just ordered a pair of their AM-006 eyes for my incoming BlueFairy Robin.

Any updates on Eudora yet? Let me live vicariously through you! :D

14. Thank you, @NekoNyanMew . I think they suit her really well. <3 The Amaryllis line is really lovely, so I'd recommend it to anyone :) I think they have more depth than the more popular Moon and Owl lines. Though I do own eyes from both of those lines and do like them a lot :o

No updates on Eudora yet, unfortunately! I think it's only been about 5 weeks since I ordered her, so I am not expecting a shipment for another month. @PeppermintPocky 's order took about 10 weeks to ship, I think? I can always hope that things have gotten more calm on their end and that they are able to make my girl faster, but if I go on with that expectation, I will become impatient and fall victim to one impulse buy or another! Haha.

I have a dress laid out for Eudora to present her in, and I'm just DYING to see it on her. Sadly, I haven't done much in terms of planning out what eyes she will have.. Perhaps a pretty purple? Due to her eyebrow color, I am almost certainly going to make her blonde. Whether it's platinum, ashy, or strawberry blonde, I am unsure. :P

15. Yeah, I've got Owl-011's in one of my other girls and while they're very pretty, you can only catch their beauty in specific lighting. Do you own any of their Iberis eyes? I have a pair and they're stunning. I wonder how they compare to Amaryllis.

Argh, ten weeks is five weeks too many! So it looks like she'll be arriving in October? I would be totally tempted to impulse buy another doll by now, heh. What kind of dress are you going to put her in? You dress your dolls super nicely - reminds me of the clothing I like to dress my dolls in. :kitty2 If you're looking for some purple urethanes, I'd personally suggest Enchanted Doll eyes. I have a pair of purple eyes from them and they're beautiful.

16. I have an outfit made by the same folks who made Tia's new dress - Miss Biscuit Workshop. They make some LOVELY clothing for their dolls <3 A bit pricey, but not really much more than you'd pay from a company like Luts for an outfit like this. It's a pink corset dress with some cute stripes and a lovely layered skirt.

Here's one final photo from Tia's most recent shots. :) Just to show better the quality of her new dress.

[​IMG]

As for Makos, I do not own any Iberis eyes yet. I wanted to try the Amaryllis because they still have those faint design lines in them that I seem to like so much. If I remember correctly, Iberis don't. However, I realize now that you can't really see those lines in a doll's eyes that well, unless you are rather close-up anyway :) I may give a pair a try next time I order from Mako. I definitely want to order from ED! I have a few eyes from them that I have found, either on sale with their etsy (US) dealer or on ebay. However, every single one I've found is blue, so these girls haven't tried them on. ED has some colors I am in love with, but I definitely need to wait before making an order. I like making orders with a few pairs at a time to make the shipping feel more "worth it", so I will need to put that order off for probably about 2 months away, when I am finish with the layaway for one of my grails.

Despite only being in the hobby for about a year, my collection continues to grow at an alarming rate. xD Including Eudora, I am expecting 3 dolls to come to me very soon (not counting the long "grail" layaway). :o A-S Hua Rong (with a custom face up), Lina Chouchou Lavinia, and, of course, Eudora. <3 I'm sure I'll love all three, but the time is nearing for me to thin the herd. I am probably going to rid myself of the rest of the slim MSDs in my collection, as I have finally decided that I don't much care for the size. These bulkier MSD girls are just so cute and exactly what I want.

#96 wherethelilacsbloom, Sep 11, 2016
      Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    17. The Iberis line also has threading (aka: lines) throughout the iris, but they are swirled, as opposed to the Amaryllis' very faint threading that extends from the pupil and outward. Both can also be special ordered without shimmer, should you ever fancy that sort of style. ;)

Pardon my interrupting your convo with @NekoNyanMew, btw. I just know waaaaay too much about urethanes and wanted to address the threading difference. :sweat

I also would like to add that your doll collection is very impressive, @wherethelilacsbloom. <3 I had no idea you have only been in the hobby for a year! Bravo to all your cuties! :daisy I'm still waiting to see your SDC May and SDC Mina, as they are two of my favorite Volks sculpts!

18. Oh, please, do join in the conversation, @PeppermintPocky ! Talking with you is always a pleasure. :)

Thank you for the clarification on the eyes :o Are the swirls fairly apparently in close-up shots? I definitely need to try a pair out if I can get myself off of this Amaryllis kick. Thankfully, Mako doesn't have a ton of colors in that line, so I'm bound to stop. Sometime. :P

And thank you so much <3 I am, in fact, rather new to the hobby. My collection got large quite quickly, because I had a large savings set aside for another collection of mine (designer handbags) and have even sold off some of my bags in favor of dolls :) I still enjoy my handbags, but I figure if I haven't carried the bag in the past two years, I am probably not going to. So I had a fair amount of dolly funding behind me to get started. I made a few rushed purchases that I now regret, but you live, and you learn. My tastes have changed as well, from what I initially thought I'd prefer. All together, I've probably sold (or am selling) about 1/3 of the dolls I have bought. I would not wish that kind of turnaround on anyone. Haha. These days, I take more care when deciding what to order, and I haven't really felt disappointed in a new arrival in 6 months. So, I suppose I can learn a thing or two ;)

I was waiting to unveil my Mina when May arrives. The seller has lately been MIA, but she has assured me that she is able to ship whenever I am ready, so I am planning to make my final payment on May and reunite my pair this month. I guess I forgot to include May in my incoming doll count. Oy. :o

I actually took a family photo just yesterday of all the dolls I have that I intend to keep :) I am going to be listing a few (not pictured) for sale this coming week and am on the fence about one more.. If only my girl in question were in a different skin tone. D:

[​IMG]
      So, the list, from left to right: Dollmore Ballet Kid Sona, Dollmore Encre Violette Narsha, Angell-Studio Sherry (top), Volks SDC Mina (bottom), Angell-Studio Mandarava, Huajing Doll Kimberly (top), Sugarble Sugarsleek Meyo (bottom), Luts Baby Delf Gabriel (top), Luts Baby Delf Rose (Bottom).

19. Thanks bunches. :blush The feeling is mutual. :)

With the exception of a few colors I've seen, the swirls are visible in close-up shots. Here's an example (photo not by me). I think like most urethanes the threading isn't as noticeable when taking full body shots, etc.

In the next month or so I hope to buy a pair of AM-016 for my Kids-Sky Moonstone. I just need to decide on a size. :sweat

I can see how a designer handbag collection could help you kickstart your BJD crew! Very cool. Never been into handbags, myself, but I sold off my vintage toy collection (most MIB) a few years ago and that helped me purchase a few beauties for my resin crew, too.

OoOoO!!!! So exciting! :XD: I bet they'll be beautiful together! <3 I keep going back and forth on whether or not I should re-shell my Volks YoSD Kira (Origin Version) into a SDC May. Your girl may help me decide. :D

A beautiful family of frills and lace! Thank you for sharing all your loveles!

I started painting my HD Kimberly today, so hopefully I'll be able to share her here sooner rather than later. :sweat I'll be so happy once she has a face!

20. Ahh thank you for those photos. :) They do look rather nice! I'll need to try those eyes out, eventually. I'm sure I'll have more dolls in the future who will need eyes. I am not even completely settled on who gets what eyes around here right now. A few of my girls have not yet made the transition to urethane. I am going to be changing my two Luts BDFs to urethanes this week, and I'm really excited for that photoshoot. I hope the size that I got fits them well. :)

I'd be happy to know what you think of the Amaryllis eyes when you get them. Since you're our resident urethane expert here, I'd love to know how they compare to some of the more pricey brands out there. :o

And yes, that handbag collection and savings really, really helped. I was saving for a rather expensive handbag and had been for quite some time. When I finally let go of my reservations and dove into the BJD hobby, that handbag just didn't feel so important anymore. Nor did a few others. Haha.

Oh, I am glad that you are also considering a May. :) Funny thing is, while I really like Mina's makeup, I am unsure of May's default makeup from Volks. When I get her, there is a fair chance that I'll be looking to re-do her face up, while keeping Mina's intact. But I know you generally prefer to have custom face ups for your own girls anyway <3 If I were more confident in my skills, I think I'd be the same way, but weather and humidity conditions here prevent me from even practicing for much of the year, and I can't be spraying MSC indoors, as I have a very curious and needy kitty, who follows me everywhere.

And thank you for the complements on my little family <3 I absolutely adore each of these girls here, whom I have chosen to keep. I daresay they dress far better than I do. :P

I have a few sad feelings about some of the ones I am letting go, but I think it will be for the best. Some of these were impulse buys and others were dolls I thought I'd really love but just haven't clicked with. My poor Withdoll Rosa has barely been handled since she got here and spends much of her time in her drawer. I am especially sad to sell her, but her proportions just don't work with my others, and I really don't want to start a fourth size in the dolly wardrobe. Clothing these girls is ever so expensive. ~_~ I may keep her head if I can have it blushed to match the Dollmore normal skin. Buying another Narsha body could work, as I do have clothes in that size already.. My only worry is that her head may be a little too large for even a 34-ish cm body.

Tags: