1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Huajing-Doll 1/4 Discussion

Dec 23, 2015

1. @wherethelilacsbloom, Tia's dress is to die for! I love all those frills, they look so beautiful and elegant. I can't wait to see your Eudora in her new outfit. :D She's going to look great.

Just looked up Miss Biscuit Workshop, but it seems that all of the items on their Taobao shop are out of stock. Hopefully they restock some pretties soon. My partner is putting together his first doll, a custom DDH-10, and all of the accessories he wants for her are on Taobao. (MDD sized bunny girl suits and 22mm animetic eyes with hearts in 'em don't seem to be available anywhere else.) He probably won't put in an order until December or January, but I want to stock up on *potential* Taobao purchases so that I can piggyback off his order once he makes it. :lol:

Ah, I bought my ED eyes second-hand from someone on the MP. I would have suggested you do the same, but I guess that doesn't make too much sense if you want to buy them in bulk. I hope you manage to order a couple of pairs soon! I'd love to see them in your girlies.

LC Lavinia is such a beautiful sculpt. <3 I'm jealous that you're able to order so many stunning dollies!

Oh my gosh, @PeppermintPocky. I think I forgot that Iberis eyes had swirls in them! I just took my MK Evelyn out to look at her eyes, and yes, they do have some very faint white swirls. They're definitely not prominent, though.

I wish I had a handbag collection fund to use on dolls. :XD: *drowns in student loans* It's okay, one day I'll finally become a doctor and be able to afford ALL THE DOLLS! Ya know, after I pay off a mortgage and a car and stuff. I totally understand where you're coming from in regards to impulse buys. I've impulse bought 3 dolls and ended up selling them all. It's not that I didn't like the dolls or anything, they just weren't very well thought out or planned, and I sort of left them in the dark. I love my WD Rosa, but can definitely see why her body wouldn't work for you. There was talk of WD renewing their 1/4 girl bodies, but it looks like that won't be happening any time in the foreseeable future.

@PeppermintPocky - SHOW US WATTS! :chibi Your faceups are fab, yo.

2. @NekoNyanMew - I have a HUGE list of taobao listings (some still available) that I admire and would love to order in the future. I'd be happy to share some of these with you if you'd like! There is also an etsy seller (nigosworkshop) that makes gorgeous dresses. While I only have 3 of her pieces (2 bought secondhand), I definitely plan to order from her again. I've just been putting it off, because it seems as though her items aren't limited release, like so many others are.

And thank you! I haven't seen a ton of userphotos of Lavinia. It seems that most people prefer either Rosemary or the YOSDs. I can see why, I guess :) Rosemary still has that innocent, sweet look about her, but she's a little less sad. For whatever reason, I am sometimes drawn to the more sad sculpts. Lol.

Aaah a doctor! That's awesome! I'm sure, despite the loans and whatnot that you'll have a good bit of disposable income for dollies. :o I am trying my best to enjoy my dolls and purchases now, because I know when I start having children in a few years, a lot of this will slow down, as clothing kids and changing diapers kind of takes priority over resin. Haha.

@PeppermintPocky - Yes, please show us Watts :) I am so sorry that I spam the ever-living daylights out of this thread with Tia. Haha. So hard to help myself from just posting every photo I take of her. I really want to see your vision of this great sculpt fully realized!

3. Ooooh, I'd be honored if you shared some of your Taobao finds with me!

I've contemplated order from Nigo several times, but a lot of their outfits are rather pricey. There are plenty of Taobao sellers who have similar quality clothing for half the price, so it's hard for me to justify. If Nigo releases an outfit that I absolutely can't do without then I'll probably end up buying it. :blush

Lavinia > Rosemary, no contest! I tend to like either really smiley dolls or really pouty dolls. Me and my extremism. *snorts* The owner photos I have seen of Lavinia are beyond beautiful, though. If you're able to post box opening photos once you get her I'd be ever so grateful.

Eh, I think being a doctor sounds more awesome than it is. The majority of it is dealing with grumpy patients, heh. CHILDREN. I love kiddos but am so not ready to donate all my money and time to one. Does that sound selfish? If I ever do have a child then I'll probably end up adopting. I feel like I sound so "unmotherly" saying that.

Nooo, don't stop spamming Tia! I'm sure @PeppermintPocky loves the spam too. :XD:

4. Awww shucks. :blush Thank you. <3 I don't know if I go far enough to say they are fab, but I'm learning. :XD:

I love whenever you post Tia! :D Please spam this thread to your heart's content. Right now Watts only has eyebrows and basic blushing, but once I have a decent progress photo I'll be sure to spam some, too! :)

5. @NekoNyanMew - Prepare yourself then! I will be spamming your private messages with taobao links in fairly short order ;) I love having others to freak out over the clothes with! I would post them here so that the three of us could look them over, but I am not sure if taobao links, much less, a LOT of taobao links, would be frowned upon in this forum. I am not always sure what is appropriate to post or not :3

I'm glad that you seem to agree with my sentiments - that is, favoring Lavinia a bit over Rosemary :) Dolk sent me a message thanking me for my payment and said that they are preparing my package for shipment. I am not sure if this was an automated message or not, so I e-mailed back for clarification.. But it may be possible that Lavinia will be on her way to me very soon! How exciting!

And I don't think that adoption sounds less motherly at all. Being a mother is more about caring for children, rather than just having them. :) At least, in my humble opinion. But I totally understand wanting to wait. I am 30 now, so I still have a few more years, but I feel as though we should probably have our kids before I hit my late 30s, for the sake of their health. Until that part of my life starts, however, I'll be full-speed-ahead with my dolls (and my dolly dollars. :P ).

I am really tempted to send an e-mail asking after my Eudora, but I am not sure if Christina of Clover-Singing could really be helpful there, since she is just a dealer. I guess I need to just be patient. You'd think I would have some patience after waiting over 6 months for a past Souldoll order, but I'm just not.

@PeppermintPocky - Aww shucks :) I'm so glad that the two of you love my Tia. I just can't get over the value that she adds to my collection, being such a soft, sweet beauty and a steady poser to boot. Getting into the hobby initially, I had the impression that people looked down on these less expensive "bargain" doll brands (so to speak), but Tia has just utterly smashed so many doubts I initially had about ordering from this inexpensive and unknown brand. She is easily one of my favorite girls out of a collection of girls that I absolutely adore. I'd say she's my #2. ;) She has made me most eager to seek out other gems that could be gotten at more accessible price points.

I am really excited to see Watts! I wish I had more months out of the year with humidity low enough to practice my own face painting. I have always drawn and painted, since I was a child, so I would really love to get good at it one day. It's just so tough to make those fine lines.. That is the hardest part for me. I think I need to experiment with different mediums and thinners when the weather permits.

6. Hi everyone! I just discovered this company and I'm totally in love with Eudora, whenever anyone gets their's home I would love to see owners pictures of her.

7. Welcome, @Mitsukuni , to our little Huajing fan club! xD

I have Eudora on order, and rest assured, I will spam photos of her all over this thread when she arrives :)

She will be my second doll from this company. Their dolls are really lovely and of great quality :)

8. @wherethelilacsbloom thank you!!:chibiCongrats on ordering Eudora! I can't wait for her to get to you so I can see all your lovely spam:XD:

I'm really excited about this company, it's great to hear that they are of great quality, especially with how inexpensive they are!

9. @Mitsukuni, welcome!

You're right, the prices are so unbelievably amazing. I do think the faceups are a little pricey, but even with a faceup, the dolls are still far cheaper than many other brands out there.

Totally worth it, IMO. :thumbup

10. @NekoNyanMew thank you!:kitty2

I probably will not get her with a faceup if I decide to get Eudora, so especially considering that I'm very happy with the price. And their faceups are very beautiful so I can almost understand the price.

I'm glad you think so since I'm definitely considering getting one:dance

Speaking of faceups, does anyone no where I could see pics of Eudora blank?

11. Welcome to the thread, @Mitsukuni. :) I own a HD Kimberly and can also vouch for the quality of these lovely gems. They truly are beautiful and deserve more love.

As far as seeing Eudora blank, I'd recommend emailing Christina at Clover-Singing (otherwise known as Doll's Singing). She is a super friendly BJD dealer and if there's a blank photo floating around out there, she'll know where to find it. ;)

Eudora isn't even listed on HD's official website yet or else I'd direct you there. :sweat

12. @PeppermintPocky thank you! Everyone who gets these dolls seems to really love them, I'm so glad! It's making me want one even more.

Thank you for the info! I'll definitely email her, if she finds a pic do you guys want me to post it here too?

13. I for one would love to see her, if it's not too much trouble! I'm a sucker for blank photos. :D

14. It's no problem! As soon as she gets back to me I'll post it;)

15. She replied:D

Eudora blank:
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

16. Welp, I finished painting Watts (my HD Kimberly) and am quite pleased with how she turned out. <3 Figured I'd share a face-up photo here, then a picture of her head back on her body later (*).

(*): The wig and eyes she's wearing are temporary. She'll eventually have these eyes and a short, asymmetrical haircut in a "grey with orange tips" color combo. What can I say? The girl loves orange. :whee:

[​IMG]

The sculpt has a lot of potential and serves as a great canvas, IMO!

Eudora looks adorable blank! Thanks for the photos, @Mitsukuni. :thumbup

17. @PeppermintPocky wow! You did a great job on her faceup! I can't wait to see her when she has her proper wig and eyes:D
      No problem;)

18. Another photo of Watts, just because. Started making her a lab coat and still waiting on her clothes... so for now she'll have to deal with being in her sports bra and boxers. :lol: I guess calling her a WIP is an understatement. :XD:

[​IMG]

Apologies for the spam. :sweat No more until I receive her proper clothes and wig... or at least her proper eyes.

Thank you very much! I'm happy you like her. :)

19. You'll fit in nicely over here, @Mitsukuni ! I hope you will let us know when you make your order! ^_^ I adore these two that I talk with in here, but I'm always happy that we have more in the group! Huajing needs more love! They're great!

@PeppermintPocky - Watts looks GREAT! So cool and stylish. <3 And a little bit of attitude :D I bet those eyes you picked with really pop and elevate her even more!

Speaking of which, I couldn't help but notice that they are from a taobao shop. Are they urethanes?! I'd love to know what you think of them. I am.. becoming addicted to urethanes. ~_~

@NekoNyanMew - I haven't forgotten about you! Going to send you the info on the clothes I have already ordered, hopefully tonight! ^_^

20. @wherethelilacsbloom thank you so much!:hug: I'm very glad I discovered this company and this group! I will let you know the minute I make an order, however I just started a layaway with lillycat so probably won't be making an order until at the earliest December, but until then I'm happy that I can look at all your beautiful dollies:D
      Thinking about my plans for Eudora once I get her, I actually would really love to hybrid her head onto a doll chateau body, does anyone know if the white skin is a close match to doll chateau's white skin?

Tags: