1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Huajing-Doll 1/4 Discussion

Dec 23, 2015

1. Thanks bunches, @wherethelilacsbloom! <3 Your kind words RE: Watts make me very happy. :daisy Her character is spunky and sorta out there so I'm also glad you get that vibe from her already! :hug:

And to answer your question, yes, Mahocony eyes are made of urethane. :thumbup I collect urethane eyes from various brands (I collect 'em as much as I do these dolls, themselves, hehe) but this pair will be my first from this maker. The texture of their promo shots remind me of the pairs I own by EA Gumdrops, Dollshe, and Mystic (as opposed to printed urethanes, like MAKO).

I'll be sure to let you know what I think of the brand once I get 'em! ;)

I can't help you with WS, but if you're interested in a NS comparison I could show you how Doll Chateau's NS-Pink (2013 batch) looks against Huajing-Doll's NS. Lemme know if that would help at all---if so, I'll snap a picture for ya. :thumbup

2. My Huajing Kimberly is in WS, but I don't have DZ/DC WS to compare to her. :( The only other WS I have is Luts. Not sure that helps you.

@PeppermintPocky - Do you know the character I should search on taobao to find their urethane dealers? Now, I'm interested in adding urethanes to my next taobao order and would like to see what's out there!

I don't know what I think of the textured-looking urethanes yet. I have seen photos and thought the eyes might not be "soft" enough for my aesthetic, but perhaps they look different in an actual doll head? I'm willing to give them a try, if it's not going to cost me $50. :)

3. @PeppermintPocky thank you so much but I am really only looking for white skin, again thank you for being so willing to help :D

@wherethelilacsbloom Thank you, if it's not too much of a bother I would like to see a comparison between the luts and the huajing-doll. I know of another comparison between dollzone and luts so that could give me an idea of how close the resin might be. Thank you!:XD:

4. Unfortunately I haven't figured out the exact character for urethane---I had to just dig through the listings under "bjd眼珠" until I found shops/makers that weren't selling glass, etc.

If you'd like, I'd be more than happy to send you a PM with a list of urethane eye makers on Taobao. :thumbup I found a new shop just today that I hadn't encountered before. :XD: I can also send some pictures of the textured urethanes (that's how I refer to them, anyway) if you'd like to see how they compare in-doll to MAKOS. :)

No problem-o! :thumbup

5. I'll work on that tonight @Mitsukuni . ^_^

I would be SUPER happy if you could share all of the eye knowledge, @PeppermintPocky <3 <3 Urethane sellers and urethane photos :D Now I'm only sad that all of the glass eyes I bought months ago will be sitting in containers not being used. xD

6. Does anyone here know where to enter your city on the Clover-Singing shipping address form? There's a place for state and zip code, but none for the city name.

I'm hoping to buy Eudora at the end of November/beginning of December. She's going to be my reward for completing a three month long behavior change (exercising more during the week). I kind of feel bad, though. She'll be my 4th doll purchased this year, and 4 dolls a year is a lot. :sweat Maybe I should hold off until January.

@Mitsukuni, I'd love to see a Eudora head on a DC body! That's an awesome idea for a hybrid and I hope it works out for ya.

You flatter me. :blush I promise I'm actually an evil grumpy hermit IRL, LOL.

@PeppermintPocky, YAAAAS. Watts is so kickass, yo. When are you going to buy her wig? I think that'll really bring her character together. The eyes will look lovely, as well. I love the color you chose for her.

7. @wherethelilacsbloom thank you! Whenever you're able:)

@NekoNyanMew I'm so excited for you that you'll be getting Eudora! I don't want to enable you or anything but I personally don't think 4 dolls in a year is too many, just my opinion though:whee:
      Thank you! I'm pretty excited about it, I wish it wasn't so far off, fingers crossed I will be able to do it before to much longer.

8. @Mitsukuni - If this photo doesn't work, I'll put their feet side-by-side or something xD

From what I can tell, the Huajing WS is pinker than Luts. :)

[​IMG]

@NekoNyanMew - Nothing wrong with being a hermit ^_^ I enjoy my peace and quiet as well.

9. @wherethelilacsbloom thank you so much for the comparison, it definitely gives me an idea of how it would look with doll chateau.

10. I was looking at sales posts for Eudora on Taobao and realized that Huajing-Doll actually has two types of 1/4 bodies:

[​IMG]

I think @PeppermintPocky and @wherethelilacsbloom got the two part body, right?

11. Sorry for the double post, but I found some Eudora photos:

[​IMG]

She looks really great with smaller eyes, but the photos I found of her with larger eyes make her head look abnormally large. I wish I could find some more so that I had a better means of comparison. *_*

12. I hope you don't mind all that spam I sent to your inbox, lol. :lol:

Hmm... I think I just crammed it in somewhere. Lemme check my order status then I'll edit my post with what I find. ETA: Looks like I didn't include my city or state during checkout, BUT I added a note when I paid in PayPal that stressed my full address. I hope this helps you. :daisy

Thank you for your kind words on Watts. :) Her character is very dear to me so your enthusiasm means a lot. :daisy

As for her wig... I have no idea when I'll order it. :sweat The style I want is $105 so it'll probably be a while still. I may try to make her a temporary wig in similar colors. I'll have to see.

I own the two-part body with large bust, yes. :daisy

Awww... she's a cutie. I love her blond wig! I will say Watts' head is sorta big, but not as big as my Bambicrony Nia's. Doesn't look out of place among my minis at all.

If you're concerned, you could try a pair of small iris eyes? Hopefully you'll be able to find/see more comparison photos soon to help ya. :)

#132 PeppermintPocky, Sep 18, 2016
      Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    13. Aww that photo of Eudora is so cute! Is that an owner photo? :o I ordered her only 2 days after I first saw her on ebay, so I suppose she was released in China before we got to see her here. How sweet <3 I wonder when my girl will be arriving..

And yes, I got the 3 part body on my Kimberly. I don't remember having to specify. I think that's just what came with her. I got the small bust again :P The boobs are a little weirdly sculpted for small bust (in my opinion), but I wanted to have an easier time fitting her into the clothes I have. So small boobs, it is!

Taobao is dangerous. I found a little artist head yesterday that I adore. Sadly, I think it's sold out, but I'm going to see if Christina of Clover-Singing has a way of getting a hold of one. She has worked magic before in helping me get a few other taobao items that were "sold out", but I don't hold out hope. The head reminds me a bit of a mix between DIM Flowne and AS's Stella - big, surprised eyes and pouty lips :) I sure hope I can get it!

As for the address question, I don't have it on my information, and yet I have received packages from Christina quite a few times now with no issues at all. Weird that I didn't seem to notice that. :P Haha.

@Mitsukuni - You are most welcome! :) If you need additional photos, just let me know! Even if it's just an arm or a leg, Anabelle loves the camera. Haha

14. @NekoNyanMew thank you for posting that photo! Eudora is just so cute!

For the plans that I have I'm actually sort hoping that her head is on the larger side.

I just can't wait for @wherethelilacsbloom's Eudora to get home so she can spam her a bunch:XD:
      And thank you, I'll be sure to let you know if Anabelle can be of anymore serviceXD lol

I wish I knew how to work Taobao, everyone is always showing off all these amazing things they get from there, but I just can't seem to figure it out:pout:

15. I'll spam her so much that you'll have to ask me to stop, most likely :P When I take photos of my dolls, I just can't help it. My pictures are far from professional, but I just love looking at my dolls. <3 They make me so happy! Haha

Taobao is actually not as complicated as it seems! I think all three of us have a few orders under our belts. :) I'd be happy to answer any of your questions about ordering on Taobao.

And.. guys.. I know this isn't particularly on-topic in this particular discussion, but.. I think I just ordered a grail! :o Brand new, from the company, no less!

So, I have a special and exciting (for me, anyway) story to tell you guys! I was poking around Legend Doll's website, admiring some of their dolls - in particular, AE's SD-sized Cordelia mermaids. She was one of the first BJDs that I fell in love with when I started collecting, and it turns out that the open-eyed Cordelia has been (apparently) sold out for quite a while now. I read some of the comments under Legend Doll's listings, and it prompted me to e-mail them to ask further questions about AE's Cordelia.
      It turns out that Legend Doll has a special arrangement with AE (Asleep Eidolon), and they are still allowed to offer the 1/3 Cordelia sculpts for sale! My coveted open-eyed human Cordelia has been ordered, and she will be made new, just for me!! It's too much >o<

I can't even find a stock photo of her human head, but just imagine this one with normal ears. <3 Haha.

http://www.aedoll.cn/upload_files/image/3(31).jpg

I'm so over the moon!

I guess I was selling off some dolls for a good reason. xD

16. That's awesome news, @wherethelilacsbloom! I knew LegendDoll still had some AE mermaids but didn't know they'd be able to order the 1/3 Cordelia for you! I look forward to seeing photos once she arrives. :daisy She's a real beauty, for sure.

17. @wherethelilacsbloom great! I can't wait for the spam! I think your pictures look professional. I'm the same way, I love taking pictures of my dolls it's one of the ways I bond with them.

Thank you, I just find it hard mostly because everything is in Chinese, and I don't understand how agents work. How do you search for what your looking for? Sorry for all the questions, you are very nice to help me.:hug:

I'm so excited for you! That is the best news, and an amazing way to get her! I can't wait for you to get her home:cheer

18. So sorry for the late response - I've been swamped with classes and I think I'm drowning in busywork. *_*

@PeppermintPocky, @wherethelilacsbloom, @Mitsukuni, I'm glad you all like the photo! Yep, it's an owner picture. Here's another one for ya guys. You can see more on Huajing-Doll's Weibo page (it's a bit difficult to access if you don't use Weibo, but if you're curious then I can explain).

[​IMG]

Thanks for the info regarding Clover-Singing. I'm glad that everyone's dolls made it home safely. Maybe Christina just uses the PayPal address and doesn't even bother with the address form on her website?

@PeppermintPocky, $105 for a wig is killer. Why are our dolls so spoiled? :sorry

@wherethelilacsbloom, the small bust seemed a bit strange to me, too. Thankfully it's hidden by clothing pretty much all the time.

Congratulations on your Cordelia! I adore AE dolls, and their mermaids are splendid. That pout on Cordelia is so :drool. You must post photos. I need to see her!

19. Aaaah thank you, @PeppermintPocky , @Mitsukuni , and @NekoNyanMew ! I am SO excited about Cordelia :) I think I may have annoyed the poor service rep. I think I asked, in 3 or 4 difference ways, if she did indeed have the SAME face as their open-eyed Cordelia mermaid (because AE has 3 SD Cordelia faces, and two are not fully opened eyes). But I finally got the answer I wanted, as plainly as it can be put. :P

""Hello dear,
      Yes.
      She has the same face as open eye Mermaid cordelia, but with human ears.
      She comes with human body.
      The nude doll price is $460.
      Face up is just as open eye Mermaid cordelia.
      Erica"

Now my worries and disbelief can be put to rest, and I can wait for my Cordelia with nothing but excitement! :) This is the second SD girl I have ordered direct from a company after she has officially been discontinued. :o I think I'm rather lucky with scoring these SD girls that I want so badly!

@NekoNyanMew - I stalked Huajing's weibo after you mentioned it. I actually didn't even think to look there for owner photos. That's an excellent idea xD

Although the photos you showed seem to feature a custom face up, it definitely shows just how cuuuuute she is. :) I am so excited for my sweet girl to come. Here's to hoping she arrives before we leave for vacation in mid-October!

@Mitsukuni - A lot of people try to find the chinese characters to search taobao, but what I do seems to be more inclusive.. although a lot more time consuming. I simply type "bjd" on the search bar and set a price range (minimum and maximum) and look at every single listing. :P It takes me a lot of time, but I find a lot of really nice outfits and such that I may have missed by searching more specifically. My minimum price is normally around 300 (in Chinese currency, obviously). :) (As an aside, I would definitely suggest browsing Taobao in Google Chrome, so that you can take full advantage of the great auto-translate function of the browser.)

As for agents, what basically happens is, you send your agent the link of the item you want and choose the color, size, etc. They order it on your behalf, usually adding on a 10% service fee to the price of the item, and then, when it arrives to them, they send it over to you, after you pay the shipping charges. Shipping charges can really add up if you order from a multitude of places, so it's normally recommended that you order from just a few companies at a time to keep your shipping costs more reasonable.

I have only ever used two agents that I can comment on. TBSS is just OK. They have a great website that makes ordering very simple, but I find that they are often a bit slow at placing orders, so if you order items that are time limited, you might miss out. For items with no time limit or ordering period, however, I can't really complain. Although, they do add 10% fees to their shipping cost as well as their item cost. I am not sure if all dealers do that.

More recently, I have made taobao orders with Christina of Clover-Singing. She is not primarily a taobao agent, but the Clover-Singing website invites you to make taobao orders with her, so I gave it a try. I have found that she is much faster to respond and has a good rapport with a lot of taobao and BJD dealers. As a result of this, she can sometimes get items for you that have been retired of discontinued. She has done this for me. :) She also offers free shipping on larger orders, so she usually ends up being less expensive than a typical agent, IMO.

20. @wherethelilacsbloom you are so lucky to get two of your grail dolls from the company even though they are discontinued!

Wow! Thank you so much for all the info! I understand a lot better now, you are so nice to write all that out for me!:D:hug:

@NekoNyanMew thank you again for the lovely owner's pic! she's so gorgeous, I really hope my plans will work out and I'll be able to get her!

Tags: