1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Hybrid discussion

Jun 14, 2018

1. I keep forgetting to post this, but here's how Impldoll's Starwoman MGB looks with a Fantasia Doll Vivian head.

Body: IMPLdoll MGB, RealSkin (late 2018-early 2019)
      Head: Fantasia Doll Vivian normal, blushed to match IMPLdoll RS from the mid-2016 batch

[​IMG]
      Forested 03
      by Yela Gatchalian-David, on Flickr

It's pretty obvious that Impldoll's RealSkin has gone a long way since 2016, with the older batches looking almost-white or a very light normal pink compared to the current. Also observe how wide the MGB's shoulders are -- effective for some sculpts, but not all. It's pretty good for Iplehouse heads too (the photo below is a peach gold IH Scarlet on the same body).

[​IMG]
      Iple 2017 PG + Impl 2019 RS, day by Yela Gatchalian-David, on Flickr

2. [​IMG]
      i added him beard and now want to change hairs so maybe he will be closer to his character. i like him more with beard as he was more ir girly side....

3. Tbh there is nothing better then getting 2 random doll parts, head/body, and having them match perfectly

4. I have my first hybrid on layaway- a Little Monica Sarubia head and a mirodoll 60cm body with small chest, both in white skin. I’m planning on dying her myself. I’m excited to see so many other hybrids:D

5. Ooo, this reminded me. My LLT hybrid is complete. Here's Ji-han:

[​IMG]

WS LLT Red Dove on the 60.5 cm Guu Doll body. Good match, the head is a tiny bit yellower (faceup makes the match seem worse than it really is, next face up needs less yellow), but that might be age. I had a good interaction with Guu Doll, but others, not so much. And I think he is a tad pinheaded in person. I think getting smaller hands would help, but I am having trouble deciding on a pair. Hand sizing is hard to find when they aren't jointed.

6. [​IMG]5 of 6 of my dolls are hybrids, because sometimes for financial reasons you have to buy a head first, and then a body or just because the doll’s own body does not suit for any parameters.
      I have such dolls as
      1) Domuya Ida on April Story 16 years body
      2) SpiriDoll on Loongsoul 73 body
      3) Vezetto Dollclans on SpiriDoll proud body
      4) Domuya Faith on Loongsoul 58 girl body, but I plan to replace her body with Loongsoul 63 body because to next to a tall man she looks shorty =)
      [​IMG]

7. Can anyone tell me if Fairyland Tan matches Little Rebel Tan?
      Thanks in advance!
      Tiffany

8. I only have one hybrid right now, a Kaitou Asa (very small company) head on a April Story body. They look good proportion-wise! The head is a bit yellower than the body, which is paper white, but I hope to have it blushed sometime to match better. (And for now I just do some touch-ups for photos.)

Like some other people in this thread, I have a Rumpledoll Morfeo head I need to get a body for! It probably won’t be for a while, as I don’t even have his character worked out yet, so I’m not set in stone yet in case something better comes out while I’m waiting. I do have a few ideas though!

9. I have quite a numbe rof hybrids - and since real people's face colour usually isn't an exact match for their body colour, I don't see the point in being fussy about an exact resin-colour match between heads and bodies in dolls. As long as it's reasonably similar, that's close enough.

However, even resin colours that start out similar can age/yellow differently.

My poor MerryDollRound Merry is on a modded Luts Delf body. I noticed last weekend at a doll meet that the body has yellowed, and the face has faded and greened, so I definately need to do somethign about that degree of mismatch (I'm not into zombies)

My first hybrid was Elfy (RML R20J / Volks SD10 Swarrico). Her twin brother, Brackne is the same head on the Volks SD10 boy boy:
      [​IMG]

These four hybrids are all on normalskin Volks bodies:
      [​IMG]
      Cressida (RML K-01/Volks SD10), Edith (AiL modded Heyley/Volks Seirei), Nesta (RML R-01/Volks SD10 long limb), and Nettle (Kaye Wiggs/Volks SD10 Swarrico)

And more on normalskin Volks bodies:
      [​IMG]
      Hannah (RML R-02/Volks SD10 long-limb modded boy body)

[​IMG]
      Bobbin (Ninodoll Bada/Volks SD10 boy)

[​IMG]
      Lottie (RML M20F/Volks MSD girl)... Her brother is the same head on the MDS boy body

I have some Orientalskin Dollstown bodies with hybrid heads on too:

[​IMG]
      Nancy (Ninodoll Juri/DollsTown 13Year)

[​IMG][
      Delphie (Ninodoll Shampoo/DollsTown 7Year)

[​IMG]
      Peggy (RML K-01/|DollsTown Elf)

And a couple of normalskin Luts bodies with hybrid heads:

[​IMG]
      Little Marina (CustomHouse Ai Miya/Baby Delf)

And my poor green-face/yellowed body girl

Meri (MerryDollRound Merry/Modded CP Luts Delf)

An RML R-01 on a Custom House Ai body:

[​IMG]
      My goth girl, Phige, whose face is the most heavily painted of all my BJD and woludn't be a match for any resin colour I've seen so far.

As well as a few others:

Isambard (AoL Daryl/Minoruworld Junior boy)

[​IMG]
      Maudie (Volks Kujo/AIL body)

[​IMG]
      Frankie (Unoa Lusis/ handmade headback/upper torso/Kid Delf girl arms and lower torso/Kid Delf boy legs)

So it's a highly hybridded household as far as my resins go.

Teddy

10. I agree 1000% with your matching philosophy, @Teddy And your doll's are so adorable!!! I love their pinafore dresses, so cute!

Yellowed bodies are difficult, but as long as one isn't married to the Faceup, I have found it surprisingly easy to blush heads to match bodies. So maybe dying a body (which I have never done yet) and then matching the result with a new Faceup is an option for dezombification ? I'm thinking of trying it on an old Lutz body :)

11. Somebody suggested I try that for my poor Meri.

Still, only one hybrid doll whose head and body have discoloured differently among a large number of hybrids, isn't bad going, so I've been lucky really.

I got lovely even results on a Narsha body when I tried - but the head came out blotchy and uneven. I think it had been painted and wiped so many times that it effected the resin's ability to absorb the dye. I bought a new head, cheap in the sale, but haven't had the mental energy to try dying it to match the body yet.

Teddy

12. Try blushing the head with pastels instead, @Teddy . It's less messy and you have far more control over the results. Plus it's easier to clean off, especially if you are in the United States, as our formula of Winsor & Newton brush cleaner wipes off layers upon layers of paint so easily, I use a soft toothbrush, and safely! You'd be surprised at how easy it is. Just get a good, non-bleading set of pastels, work in good daylight, and blush the first layer, seal and continue like a normal Faceup :D

13. I wonder how a Youth Dollmore Eve head would look on a Huajing Doll 1/3 body. The Huajing Doll body has a neck circumference of 8 cm while Youth Dollmore Eve Mio has a neck circumference of 7.2 cm. Does that seem like too much of a difference?

14. It probably wouldn't work with that big a neck difference.

I just looked aty the measurements and have seen the Hualjing 1/3 body neck listed as 8.5cm so it's an even bigger difference than the measurements you gave.

EDITED TO ADD: Ah - I see you were listing neck size of the version 2 body and I was looking at the measuremnts of the version 1 body. Even so, I think it's still too big a neck difference to work. The neck wouldn't fit into the cocket on the head.

Teddy

15. Ahhhh… I’m sorry, I didn’t realise that this is the section for large doll, lol. Well, my other fave of big boy hybrid is this supergem Dia using spiritdoll 65cm body. Ns. The color matching is perfect.

[​IMG]Soom Dia on spiritdoll body by daissy27, sur Flickr

16. I have an illusion garden head in WS-- I just ordered a DFH 70cm body so hopefully it looks good together!!

17. Thank you for your help.

Any suggestions on other bodies that would suit a Youth Dollmore Eve head?

18. I now have an eve head (Emile) and I can try her on most of the bodies on my profile! (F60, supia double-jointed, dollfie dreams for a weird hybrid option and maybe new supergem?) Of any of those would help?