1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Hybrid discussion

Jun 14, 2018

1. My Mio is on a Dollzone body (NB 58-001). Proportions are great but the head does not move well on the neck.

[​IMG]

The resin match used to be very good, but the body becomes yellower than head with years.

2. I have one with similar issue - I've de-yellowed both with Polident and am trying to dye the head for a closer match to the body because I like the combination, but attempt four just failed.

Teddy

#62 Teddy, Apr 15, 2022
      Last edited: May 29, 2022
    3. Yes, that would help. Thank you. I don't have a particular body in mind. I'm interested in all possibilities.

She still looks pretty. Thank you. Mio is one of my favourite sculpts.

4. I matched my Volks Charlotte to the Sadol Love 60 Body, the two Normal Skin matches!

[​IMG]

5. I hope you don't mind these questions, I searched the forum but couldn't find much on the use of Polident. Can you share more how you use Polident? Do you use it only on blank bodies/heads or is it safe for use with sealed makeup? Have other people successfully addressed yellowing with Polident?

6. Oh I'm sorry for your four attempt fail!
      I tried something similar on an other of my hybrid (a Nyxdoll Katrina WS on old Iplehouse nYID WS body). Body is so yellowed it looks NS yellow now. But my attempt to deyellowed it failed too. I ended painting the faceup again, to match her now NS-looking body :lol:

@Ardent I'm not sure as I never used polident, but I think it's safer to use it on nude dolls/face. I used steradent (which is an other brand than polident) and it was a complet fail. Moreover I think I've read somewhere that is wasn't such a good idea to use those products on resin. But I don't remember where, sorry!

7. Thank you, I appreciate it!

8. @Ardent , I wouldn't dye a head but rather I would just blush it with pastels or have your artist match the head to the body. We are careful with the heads anyways so durability isn't an issue and it's completely reversible.

9. @Chameleon would love more details/pics on your Withdoll hybrids. Why you chose the bodies you did, which resins, pros cons?

I have the Adriana cracked head in white resin I’ve been considering getting a body for from another company… but not sure.

10. My people. I have found you. (I hope some of you are still here!)
      My first two big girls immediately became hybrids.
      [​IMG]

I was immediately addicted. Getting the right head that's just the right proportion for the body is an obsession.
      [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Can't stop, won't stop.

11. @MaleficentMrsofEvil Nice collection of hybrids! I have a lot of hybrids too. I think 2/3 of my dolls are hybrids?

Just for the fun, all the BJD in this photo are hybrids:

[​IMG]