1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Hypermaniac: HyperDolly

Apr 6, 2011

1. Yes I ordered it with the faceup because I like for the doll to come to me complete. I don't know if it's worth $50 but we will see :D

2. Would anyone know if the dolls outfits ( striped dress ) in the picture, are they being included?
      They look just like a dress Rosenlied makes.
      Also what is Hypermaniacs resin like?
      thank you!

3. Hi Innerdolly...the dresses are not included. Wigs and eyes may not be the same as the photos. Random wigs and eyes are included. And the resin of the old Hypers is fabulous. The best of the best. I'm hoping the quality will remain perfect.

4. Thank you Merangel..I love the Sculpt of both dolls with my own face up perhaps! :)

5. Has anyone who ordered received a confirmation email from Hypermaniac for the order? I just received the paypal confirmation, i hope this is normal...

EDIT: I asked the question on Hypermaniac's board and the tinies are limited to 30 each.

6. The OLD hyper resin is not like the new resin. The older has less shine than the newer and the weight of the newer is lighter.
      The color is quite white too unless they did these darker. I found Muse almost white resin tone.
      I asked the maker about this and she said that old resin is no longer available to her. Also the bottom of the feet I have noticed on the last few offerings of new dolls has been rather flat. The old hypers had more sculpted feet. Not 100% sure but only going by Muse on the feet thing.

Course bottoms of feet are not a big deal LOL.... I just love nicely sculpted feet and hands!!

I guess I better hurry up and decide if I order one girl or two... or
      grrr...

Thanks for the update on the numbers.

7. I was afeared that the quality might not be the same now, but still...worth a shot. I'm going to make mine the daughter of my HM Jamie, Catherine, with a similar faceup. Should be fun :P

8. I think they will be fun. It is worth a shot for sure!
      Never know the resin might have changed again. Part of the fun of opening the doll up.

Ok I just ordered both... and can make my mind up on HangRa when she arrives. I didn't like side profile but her straight on
      looked nice. With only 30 there is always resale if not love ;) yeh I am a bad mumma.

Myo-SeRyo looks so much like my Hahanbi her face won me over on ordering.

QUESTION: what's going on with shipping? I had to do two separate paypal payments as I couldn't check them out together.
      Is shipping included?

9. I think shipping is probably included as it's not mentionned anywhere. Unless they're going to send us an invoice for shipping later...
      BTW, is it normal that I just received the paypal confirmation and not a confirmation from Hypermaniac? I'm kind of worried with these things u_u

10. Yes I think it is normal and that they will send out an email with a shipping invoice and confirming your order.

There system is rather out of date. This is a one person company from what I know.

11. I also pretty much do my own faceups or send off for specific faceup artists, but then I really seldom go with the default except on dark resin dolls. ^^; However, in my opinion, Hypers have faceups with a lot of personality. You might can find some default faceup Hypers by searching for Hypermaniac.

12. Oh dear what dangerous news this is!!

13. Their pouty looks don't grab me, though the bodies are interesting. I'm with Mitya, I'd rather wait for a smiling face or a So-Som.

Are Hypermaniac dolls usually that expensive? $380 is a lot for a basic doll with no faceup in that size.

14. I think they are very unlikely to release so-som again. Yes they are normally the upper end in price range. Definately not a low cost company. They produce only limited additions and only about once every two years! this is not a company that has dolls in stock to buy on the site.

15. Do we have a waiting room yet?

16. You have a good eye - those are RosenLied dresses. They seem to be sold out on the Rosenlied site however.

17. OK, after reading all your posts, I just ordered SeRyo. She'll be my first Hypermanic.

18. Can someone let me know how to become a member of their site? When I click to join, it is not in English. I haven't been able to write on their board to ask a question. Thanks.

I hope I didn't have to join to order because I ordered SeRyo. :)

19. Sunshinejade, you don't have to join to order. No worries.

Treelore...do you think that they come with alternate fist hands? It says something about fists on the page and I really am hopeful that it's so. Those little splayed fingers on the hands have me concerned.

20. Yes they do come with alternate fits for sure. The last few releases did as well.
      Are you concerned they might not fit into arm holes?
      One thing I thought of was doing the boiling method. I have never tried it but from what I have read it seems to work with no issues. So just lightly bending each finger in a little. I am sure I would be nervous to do it but it would be nice to see a great result. It might be worth it to me...