1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

I don't remember buying that

Jun 12, 2017

1. i haven't forgotten about any of my dolls, but small supplies i have way too many of so unfortunately that one is yes. i have too many times bought duplicates only to find i already had them when i get home :sigh

2. I've found random clothes that I've forgotten about. And I've found single eyes. I need to find the matching eyes and put them in a box or something haha

3. I swore that I'd never forget buying anything for my dolls, but that happened to me earlier this year. I bought this nifty pair of spacey blue eyes for Alistair last Christmas, put them in his head once, then stored them away and forgot about them. Two days ago I was digging through my boxes looking for a particular wig, and I unearthed those eyes. "Those are neat. Where did they come from?" I asked myself. I had to go through my pictures and my Etsy purchases to figure out where those eyes came from. They're just cheap acrylic eyes, but they make Alistair look so ethereal that I can't understand how I forgot them!

4. Not quite that, but I did forget that I ordered a pair of black boots once, only to discover I'd ended up ordering two of the same kind when the second pair arrived!:XD:

5. Not so much with the buying of doll things but the making of doll things for me. I was trying to find a pair of boots to fit my newest guy and opened my boot box. Didn't find him anything that fits (of course I didn't *sigh*) but I did find a book and feather pen I made for one of my guys as well as a nicely made pair of soft-soled boots for one of my other boys and not only do I have zero recollection of how I made them, I can't find a pattern for them (all my patterns are in one folder, no exceptions). I've also found clothes I've made for some of my guys while organizing my clothes bin and can't remember making them. I also found a bunch of jewellery I made for one of my guys, only vaguely remember doing it and don't remember making as many pieces as I found.

6. After nearly 13 years in the hobby, this is the story of my life -- I'm always opening clothes bins and thinking "where did THAT come from??" At least I've never forgotten about a doll . . . :lol:

7. I've forgotten about event heads and gifts that came with dolls I ordered. I think mainly because I get so excited and focused on my new doll and the odd stuff gets put someplace safe that I totally forget about until I run into it, usually cleaning up from a sewing project or searching for a notion.

8. Minor stuff like wigs or eyes I might forget, or props maybe, god knows I forget about fabric and art supplies...but a doll, no I cannot imagine forgetting a doll. I ponder for months before buying one, I could never forget one.

9. I'm someone who buys stuff for dolls I don't have yet, and so what happens is that when I receive it I don't take it out of the package and I store it away for months until I get the doll it was intended for. So yeah I forget about pieces of clothing and small accessories pretty often :B
      It's nice to realise you have more stuff than you thought!

10. Eyes, shoes, clothes, wigs so so much that I forget was there before. If a doll is wrapped up and away I might not remember they are there.

11. I've only had this happen once, with a wig. I was digging through looking for a different wig and pulled out this one black SD wig that came with a secondhand doll ages ago. I remembered when I saw it immediately where it came from, but somehow in my mental catalog of SD wigs that I was digging out to try on a new arrival, I had totally forgotten it existed :lol:

12. Ive forgotten about hair and cloth before but never whole BJDs or anything like that. Maybe a few cheaper dolls but even then i dont usually forget dolls. I cant even imagine the level of shock id get from discovering that lmao

13. I recently had to empty out my apartment for it to be renovated and I certainly found a wide variety of doll clothes, accessories, shoes, wigs, eyes and even dolls that I'd stored away (as I'd taken a break from the hobby for a few years) and completely forgot about!

14. Oh God that is the bane of my doll existence. I have a few go to shops I buy from every year or so for BJD accessories, and it seems I tend to buy - and forget about - the same items every time. Like a robot. See - like - buy - forget, see it again - like - buy...
      It's gotten so bad I do not, never ever place orders without checking my stash anymore :XD:

15. I've forgotten about dolls due to dipping out of the hobby for years at a time. When I came back this time and was browsing the mp, I'd jot down my plans and then started making space... Only to find out I already had the sculpts poked away in a box. :sweat

16. I was going through my storage and I came across some wigs and outfits and other accessories that I completely forgot I had! I felt silly cause I spent a good amount of money on them only to have forgotten them (I blame moving.)
      Needless to say it was early Christmas for me and my dolls :kitty1