1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

I got my doll... Now what?

Feb 7, 2010

1. I think they are meant to make you feel better, they are a hobby. Pay attention to them when you want to. Just like you tackle any other hobby or thing you do for enjoyment. Do you put on a certain DVD because you haven't seen it in a while? Of course not.

If I don't feel like paying attention to my dolls, I make sure they are tucked away safe and sound. The ones on display get posed prettily and then stay like that until I feel like playing with them again. You are allowed to do other things than 'pay attention' to them all the time ;)

Let them put a smile on your face, not feel bad because you feel/think/get the impression you 'have to' so something with them constantly.

2. well...i move him arround if i`m not doing anything else..i mean...we go and watch a moovie together or something like that;):sweat

3. When I am not actively doing something with my dolls, we just sit in the living room together and watch movies, surf around on the internet or read together. I actually enjoy this less active time with them, it is a simple but yet powerful form of bounding for us.

4. I have been very happy

5. Like some people have said, life can get really busy, and sometimes my resin kids sit on their shelf for days, maybe even weeks. I look at them everyday, though, and I never regret getting them.

This pretty much sums up my feelings. I like one or two around when I study because I see them out of the corner of my eye and feel happy. :) I often just sit around with my dolls or do normal things like watch TV or go on the computer and just sit them there, occasionally changing their pose.

Really, all you need to do is enjoy your doll. They're little works of art, and they won't complain if you don't play with them every second of the day. ;)

6. maybe you can take your doll out with you ? when you goou with friends.... celebrate its birth date hahah have dolly gathering

7. mine mainly stand or sit around...but I look at them everyday and enjoy them that way...doesn't have to be hands on all the time..they are eye-candy to me.

8. Yeah I sometimes felt like that but it soon gets better. :)

9. When I'm not actually doing anything interesting with my dolls, I usually have one sitting next to me on the desk or couch. I'm currently trying to come up with their stories so it helps to just have them around.
      Actually that's how I spend most of my time with them, just chilling out.

10. I just let my doll sit. I always have something to do that's laying around. I have a lot of WIP projects including personal stuff that's really not doll related. Or I just get sucked in browsing the internet haha

11. I would love to have my baby out and pose her and things like that but we live in a small apartment and have VERY obnoxious cats who would DESTROY her. So, she has to stay in her box. There has been weeks where I haven't taken her out, just because I haven't had the drive to sew for her and it makes me feel Horrible. Her sister is on the way in the mail, and we are getting a house in September so they will be on their own little shelf in my sewing room away from Yoda and Kaiba. Heavens knows Kaiba would have a hay day tearing them apart. I swear, if Seto Kaiba really became a cat... *points at her cat* it would be that.

12. I play with mine.

Dress and redress them, have them go camping (indoors if the weather is bad outside) It takes a while to et them al dressed right an kitted out before the "trip" starts. Or I have them explore the house, or play gamestogether.... all sorts of stuff. They go places with me (in to work to sit on my desk and keep me company, visiting friends etc) and they go to visit with friends of mine (which reminds me, Jane, my Narae is due to come home again soon).

If at a complete loss there's always a dolls Teaparty.

Teddy

13. This. Exactly this. It's not like the doll is a real person whom you should be entertaining. They are there for your enjoyment, not the other way around. I only handle a doll of mine one to three time a week, and I don't feel guilty or less of a person because of it.

14. Usually I just sit them up next to me or near me and work on their character, flesh it out more. I like drawing new clothes for them or what some new clothes would look like, I love just looking at my dolls! It sounds wierd but after you've spent so much time and money and invested interest I just like to sit and enjoy the effort! I also like to arrange their hair ect...I dunno...I'd hate to say that I browse for thing they "need" aka don't need but I do, I usually don't end up getting said things though haha. They're not the only hobby I have though so I'm not always i need of dollie-ness, I love looking at them though...

15. While I'm at work, I'm not actively doing anything with them. So I pretend they're doing something ala Toy Story at home in my room. I can see it now.

That's why their things are kept on low shelves and in boxes on the floor. I don't want them climbing too high.

But when I'm not sewing, taking pictures, or doing anything else with them, I cuddle. Or I wave cutely at one or two of them and say 'love you'. Because I figure they're doing what they're supposed to be doing. Just being themselves. :3

16. I stare admiringly at my dolls when they are just hanging around. Sooner or later (days/weeks) staring leads to changes in outfits, wigs, poses, company. Sometimes when I'm looking at my dolls I think about all the people out there who created these dolls, and all the people who are enjoying their dolls who I will never meet or know.

17. I'd like to ammend my earlier post (#12). Since February I've acquired 4 additional dolls. I'm not sure how that happened... One of them was unintentional; Merrown, a SSDF Cane/Crobi hybrid. I find myself spending time just sitting on my bed with Merrown in my lap just posing him and looking at him. Sometimes I just like to sit him in different possitions and admire him. I'm not actively working on him (even though he still needs a bit of work and sewing), but I still like having him around. It's hard not to drag him out to watch movies with or have him sitting on my lap all the time. My other dolls are either in their afore-mentioned bunk bed and the big boys on their couch, or lounging on my bed just because.

18. I think I'm one of the rare people in this hobby (or so it seems) who just leave their doll(s) in their box when they don't need them for something.
      I can leave them there for a few days and not feel bad about it, but it doesn't mean I don't care about them, I just... don't want to cart a doll around with me. xD
      Also, it seems I have a huge imagination because days can pass (in which I'm thinking about them in someway - photo ideas, clothes, characters, etc) and I still feel like I saw and played with them just the other day because I was thinking about them so much. >.<

19. all my boys are sitting on their SD couch, well covered under their sheet, when i have nothing to do with them (because i don't want they can get dust or sun or somehting else).
      Sometime, when im not making pictures or other things with them, randomly i take one and i keep him for a bit on my lap, just to remember myself they're here :XD:

20. Do something not doll related? It might just be ebcause I don't have a doll yet, but I have TONS of other things to do, so I doubt I'm gonna be doing things with my doll ALL the time (once I get her).

Read a book, paint, go for a run, play a computergame, there's tons of stuff to do! :)