1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

I got my doll... Now what?

Feb 7, 2010

1. I'm not always busy with my dolls. I have other hobbies and I need to make time for them too. Usually my creativity goes in one particular direction: I'll have a lot of ideas and energy for painting, or for storytelling, or for working on my dolls, but not all at the same time.

In the beginning I would sometimes feel bad about not doing anything with the dolls, but I don't feel like that anymore. It makes me happy just to have the dolls sitting around, even when they are unfinished. I don't have a problem with a naked doll in my room, waiting until I have the time and the inspiration to add to its look. I know I will get round to it eventually, and when I do, it will be done properly :). I'm the sort of person who will buy a doll and have next to nothing for him/her when s/he arrives. But that's all right. I just like to be sure that they are there and that I can work on them when I feel like it.

2. Besides buying things for them and taking pictures, one can write stories. I also like redressing them and taking them with me when I'm studying -specially my Sard. He looks at me like he's saying 'study, brattttt!' xD Then I also crochet for them. I learnt how to because I wanted to crochet for them. I also learnt how to sew for the same purpose.

And then I sculpt miniatures with fimo and make photostories (I love this last point).

3. They keep me company. They sit there on the bench all together and every now and then I pick one up and cuddle or just make them sit on my desk next to me. Or I take them with me to watch some tv. haha Maybe it's pretty silly, but I like it. It just feels great to me to have them in my life, no moment is a waste.

4. I just enjoy looking at my dolls when I'm not actively playing with them, dressing them up or photographing them. Even when I'm not at home and they are not with me (like when I'm at work), I will often think about them and just the thought that I could get home and play with them, or not, if I don't feel like it, often makes me smile. For me they are a break away from reality, and I don't feel that I have to be doing something with them all the time. Just knowing they are sitting waiting for me to play with them when I feel like it is good enough for me!