1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

I remember when...

Sep 27, 2005

1. I remember when Sleeping Mika was just released. Yeah i was around then, but a lurker. I had just started writing my book. XD

2. I remember the first few people I met more than the dolls released at that time. It was actually oriscany that I met first!

3. I remember when Volks first opened up their IMOS (International Mail Order System, I think). The Doll & Hobby Shoppe hadn't stocked SDs in a LONG time, eBay had nothing, and there were no other resellers, so the only way to get an SD was through a shopping service. Then, all of the sudden, IMOS opened up! They had one English page with the directions, and that was it. No credit cards--you had to submit your order by e-mail to their IMOS address, send an IPMO for payment by EMS, then wait a month or two to get your doll. Very tedious process. I placed the very first IMOS order--DoA's little guinea pig--and it went really well! I was so excited, eeeee. And Volks were so nice to me.

Jeez, I remember a lot of things... I remember a time before MSD boys, and everyone wanted them. Then Mika and Ken appeared, and oh, the frenzy. XD;;; And I remember when the first news about "mini U-Noss" surfaced. Ah, jeez, it seems like that was forever ago... *_*

I also remember when I said I'd only have one BJD. HAH. Yeah. That didn't happen.

~Kalmia

4. Me too:) I also remember when DoA was on yahoo groups rather than these wonderful forums (I couldn't keep up with yahoo groups, LOVE the forums so much)

5. Anyone remember the Yahoo!Clubs? Before Yahoo! merged them with the Groups?

6. Valentine > it would have to be sometime slightly before 23. August, 2004. I have an entry (here) and Zen is mentioned at the very end. (I had originally intended to get MSD Ken, as you can see.)

7. I remember when the four sisters had those old blocky faceups.. when SD13 Syo was released and while I thought he was SO cute, there was no way in hell I was going to pay so much for some boy doll.. and I also remember when there were other SD groups besides DoA, namely SD Dreams, I think? People used to go at each other on a daily basis. XD I was terrified to post for fear of offending someone.

8. XD <3

9. I remember when Luts first opened their English site. :3

10. Ah, good times.

Anyone else feel old? XD
      I remember when Soony came out. Cute innocent face + mature body = omgrush. XD

11. Soony is pretty new to the scene.

Miss Sha, I remember when they got their English site too! The Korean one was so hard to figure out, atleast for me.

Oh, I remember when only Ttori and Woori were the only kid delfs made.

And all the old Soulkids were being made, now that seems like a long time ago. :3

12. Hee hee, Yes I remember people taking a stake to each other! it was such a serious hobby then and a bit more select due to the volks only thing. Now Volks does actually have competition but at the time it was "No way Volks is the best" and it was clear they were.

13. I remember when it was Volks, Rasendou, and the dreaded Forever Dolls!

Followed soon after by Cerberus Project and Customhouse, over which there was much fiery debate (the whole "copies" issue and Volks supposedly suing several companies.)

I remember when Licht, Chris, and Lucas were the only SD boys other than Ryo and Syo.

I remember when I first found out how much they cost and nearly had a cow :cow But eventually I came to appreciate how much hard work goes into producing these dolls and it doesn't bother me any more.

Oh, and I also remember when Bermann first came out and most everyone thought he was ugly XD They sure changed their tunes later on though (mostly thanks to Christy and Vincente B!)

~Megan

14. Yeah the ones I remember were SD Dreams, Isle of Misfit Toys, and Our Silent Friends

~Meg

15. I think SD Dreams was first, on Yahoo!Clubs... =*_*=

16. Fun thread! Though I'm extremely new to BJDs (though not to doll collecting), I am enjoying reading about earlier days. Also, about being apprehensive about posting as a newbie... I was too. I think it has a lot to do with so many people never even having the opportunity to see a BJD before taking the plunge and buying one. You have no idea what you're getting into. I had literally only touched one BJD, and VERY briefly at that. I had no interest in them at the time, other than a vague curiosity, so I didn't even examine her closely.

But once you do your research, and get your own BJD in your hot little hands... Woohoo!! NOTHING will stop you from posting like a fiend!

Linda S.
      galatia9

17. Wow, when Micheal was still available at Volks.

Um, or something. @.@;

When CH still had Chowon in stock.

:lol:

18. I haven't been into bjd for a particularly long time, but I can remember the old layout of the Volks website, when Too and Bee-A came out and when a lot of our members used to have zero, one or two dolls. And now many of these same people have much bigger doll families and may have even opened websites selling bjd stuff...it's kind of like watching your neighbors get a new baby brother or moving out to college. ^_^

19. I remember DoA Yahoo group. x3

4 years ago, when I was first bitten by the bug, I remember the dolls were oldskin. I remember being in love with Nono, but not having a job so I couldn't get her. Until I found a job, I fell off the face of the planet of the BJD world.

When I came back, there were so many companies popping up, so many easier ways to get them, SO SO SO much readily available information. Before that time, Cassiel was the only person who had information, pictures and such that I could find a lot of.

I miss those times, those times where I wasn't totally infatuated with boys. x3 With ornery expensive boys mind you. xP

I love the Volks in the US though, it makes me SOOOOOO happy.

20. Yes. =T___T=;;;