1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

I remember when...

Sep 27, 2005

1. I remember when you couldn't find anything dollfie related on Ebay - but if you were lucky you might have found a dollfie plus body occationally and perhaps an SD mini kit.

I remember DOA when it was just a yahoo group and there were only a handful of posts a day.

I remember when boy dolls were extremely rare. There were no male minis, and only one SD10 male and the SD13 one could only be ordered through the full choice system.

I remember when you could only order these dolls through a shopping service.

I...remember Forever Dolls :oops: I had two. I remember really sticking up for them and then getting a nice slap in the face from the company when it turned out that they had indeed been making exact copies from Volks moulds. They went to jail even!

I remember when I said that I would never get in to this hobby and would certainly never spend that much on a doll. I am glad that I turned around though!

*sighs and smiles* I didn't even notice the years go by.

2. Shush Valentine, we all love your Dears and you~! (^___^)

3. They're still ornery and expensive. XD

4. speaking of Valentine's bjd's I remember when you first put your MSD Mika up for sale. There were so many times I almost emailed you about getting her lol.

5. That was a long time ago, too. =^.^=;;

Gosh, she was cute. =^^=;;;;

6. I remember when Volks came out with Mini SD! And then an SD Boy! (Licht) And SD13. :D

7. I remember that picture you made of your MSD Myu? wearing that adorable bear coat from Helene, and I was soo jealous because I wanted it badly. XD

8. *dies*

Oh. Man. I still have the pattern for that from the Den of Angels magazine... Anyone want to scale it up for SD13 size? =*__*=;;;

9. Maybe we can prod Helene to do it. ^^; :D

10. Anyone have the picture? O__O;;;

11. (^_^) But worth everything. (^_^)

Wow! You had a Mika huh?! Cute. I'm partial to your current setup though with the sexy boys. x3 !!!

12. Yes!!! I remember that! I was so upset because I had really liked Clubs better (I still do) and had found it easier to follow. :(

I remember when Kaori put out that 6 page pattern booklet for a MSD dress and I sold them through Biscuit's. It was an awful long time ago, and I still have my copy of the booklet. :D

13. I can remember seeing Lucas on sale for 88000? and going.. BAH like i'd want to afford that much....

T.T

14. OMG.... YES!~ T.T
      yahoo! groups...i dont even like going there now..
      on top of the fact that clubs had a great listing for number of members and such (competitions) .

15. I remember seeing pictures...randomly...not sure where now...I didn't bookmark things at that point, I was younger and I shared a family computer...and thinking...cool doll, it bends all neat, too bad it looks posessed. (well...i said something different at the time, volks old face ups were wonky looking things O_o)

and then immediately losing interest because I had the attention span of a cockerspaniel, until I saw some more pictures about 4 years ago and found a weblink to volks itself and the rest is history ^_^

16. I remember when Yahoo Japan's auctions on bjd stuff was NOT 80+ pages long! There was a time when you could surf thru all of the listings within 10 minutes or less! 20+ pages!

17. I remember the Yahoo! groups DoA too.
      And MSD Ken/Mika released; I didn't even consider buying a doll those days...

18. hehe... I can agree on the ebay and Y!J things...! I keep getting more and more amazed at how many more pages come up on a Y!J search these days. It used to be like, at the max 40. Now it's avg 80 or something!!

I remember when Liria & Sienna were the only way to go for Luts too... XD

I also remember the Yahoo!Group... which I never posted on because I was just way too scared of the number of people and posts on it. I'm ever so glad you decided to move DoA onto a forum setup... otherwise I might never have posted!

I remember when hardly anybody except BJD makers sold wigs... I got so excited finding CanCan because she had a couple of dual coloured wigs! And when the only cool boots were at Minoru World, and so horribly expensive. Before MW, there were only a few nice ones I liked at Custom House. ^^;

19. I remember when there was less than a hand full of BJD companies and you had to order through a deputy service to get a Volks doll. I remember when MSDs were first introduced. I remember doing a Google search for "Super Dollfie" and only finding one or two websites because all of the websites were in Japanese. I remember when there were only one or two pages on ebay.

Remember when ebay used to ask "Do you mean Super Dollie ?" I remember requesting a Dollfie category on the ebay doll board when they were restructuring the doll categories.

I remember when Den of Angels (the Yahoo group) hit the 500 member mark.

20. Here you are.

The DoA pattern version :

[​IMG]

The one Valentine bought :

[​IMG]

I remember when...I was taking photos of my dolls standing on the drier.