1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

I remember when...

Sep 27, 2005

1. Ah, I miss that kitty coat so much. =;__;=

2. I wasn't really into BJD at the time but I remember looking thru Volks (from what others say, it was probably the only English page). I can't remember the molds or anything but Dolpa 11 vaugley floats in there.

I also remember thinking what little wannabes the other companies (Luts mainly) were.

I remeber when you could get maybe 10 pages on eBay (it still asks if you meant 'Super Dollie'). And thinking OMG $800 for a doll!!!

3. I remember when the only way to get a volks doll was through a shopping service or hope and pray Doll-Hobby had them in stock, but they rarely updated and had the old page system so it was hard to tell. I was so bummed because I never thought I'd be able to afford my dream doll! :oops:

4. I do too, and the sad thing is I remember almost all the descriptions you had for the pictures. :oops:

I hope someday you'll knit another kitty coat to sell!

5. Excessive cute! Excessive cute!! @__@;; <333

6. I remember the first time I joined DOA on Yahoo Groups and received so many helpful replies for my FCS (now Dante). My first subject line was "New Here Love Dolls!"....heheh...ahem... :roll:

I remember being at work and constantly browsing between Volks and Customhouse websites (the only 2 BJD sites I really knew of at that time)

I remember when I first saw the Bermann on sale at Yentown and thought he looked like the kid from Harry Potter and that I had to have him!!!! :lol:

I remember when an ebay search was only 1 page long.

I remember browsing through members' folders on the old yahoo group. One night at work I went through EVERY one from the beginning to the end...yeah, it was a slow night!

I remember when Domuya actually had things *in stock*...can you believe THAT??? I think that only lasted a minute though. :o

7. I remember when Shirou was released.
      I wasn't sure about him, so I didn't purchase him, and then regretted it.
      But now I have his sister, and I must admit I prefer her to Shirou! :daisy

8. :lol: I also remember that!
      BTW, who was the Bermann that looked like Daniel Radcliffe?
      Do you have any pics of him?

9. I remember when I saw my first BJD on Ebay and I thought, "What the Hell is THAT?!?!" :oops:

Az

10. Good god...umm....I remember when Volks Came out with their first BOY doll (Licht, was it? I think so) how COOL that was. **dies** And I remember when there WAS no option, aside from Volks - if you wanted a BJD, that's where you had to go. Man, I wish I'd gotten one or two back then, instead of holding off and sticking with the 1/6 Dollfies, convinced that the 1/3 Super Dollfies were too expensive. **sigh**

Hmm....remember when Custom House first opened their webpage...remember when the WAS no Luts, and if you wanted to get a Ceberus Project doll it was called a Ceberus Project Delf and it was through Liria. And no one got the two confused. I remember when Rasendou announced they were coming out with an English site, which...kinda happened, but then flopped again, pretty much. I remember when that Chinese 'company' was stealing the Volks dolls' molds by making copies of them and trying to pass them off as their own. :oops: I remember...umm...yeah, I'm gonna stop now.

I remember Ian. :D

11. Yeah Barbara, you can see them HERE all together. These were the initial Bermann photos put out by Dollshe that were displayed on Yentown. The first pix I ever saw of this guy and I LOVED his elbow joints and the extent of movement you could get out of him. Never have got the Harry Potter glasses though...the character of Vincente was just too strong and took him over... :grin:

12. Boy... I feel soooooooooooy young and sooooooooooooo new to this hobby! (I'm about 2 years in) O.O

13. I remember when Masamichi was still running his shopping service for Volks stuff...there was nothing like the excitement of waiting for a mail from him if this or that item was in stock :D :D :D.

And I remember the DoA mailing list...actually Janne was the person to respond to my first post :D.

14. Thanks for the pics, Christy! :daisy
      You're right: the first Bermann looks a lot like Dan Radcliffe! ^__^
      Anyway, your Vincente looks even more handsome! :D

15. I remember Masamichi's DPI (Doll Prison International) SD clothes shop, and James Keiko as their model. I remember Masamichi and Frill Frill being the only two ways to get a volks doll. I remember when Cassiel was going to buy a Nono!

Oh, CP dolls weren't delfs before Luts got them. I remember the excruciatingly skinny new doll on the market - CP Ari.

Ken

16. Im still such a newbie. ^^; The oldest thing I remember was when the DOD garduian boys came out, and the mad rush for them. I was saving up for whoever the new luts boy would be..or holding out for a Ando head. I'm so glad I bought my SI instead. ^_^

17. Wah, I remember DPI. =*__*=

18. I remember... spending over three hundred dollars for a doll.

Oh wait, that was only the beginning of this year.

Meh, I'm such a dollie newb. :oops: It's fun to read everyone else's posts, though~

19. You're right, Ken. Thinking back, they didn't call them Delfs then, did they? Just CP. **laughs**

20. I remember when Volks and Rasendou were really the only doll companies, when you had to pray for D+H to get the one you wanted in (which is how I got my Ryo) or go through Crescent Shop.

I remember when the first Lucas was released.