1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

I will never...(but you did anyway)

Dec 2, 2016

1. o0 I`ve got one!
      Just recently, it was like, "I will not spend $100 on a pair of jeans for the doll. That`s ridiculous! My entire outfit doesn`t cost that much!"
      And yet...guess what she`s wearing right now. :sweat

2. I’ll never have over 10 dolls. (Currently not counting and staying in denial until next year so don’t even ask!)
      I’ll never find another boy doll I like enough to buy (2/3 of my last dolls were boys)
      I’ll never forget any of my dolls’ names (who the F is this girl?? Iris? Eris?, also why is she fully dressed but still bald?)
      I’ll never forget which extra/spare parts belong to who so I’ll just put them all safely contained here in this drawer together. (Wtf hands!?! S hook sizes? Forget about it!)
      I’ll never forget what size these eyes are so they can all just go in ‘the eye box’. (with dividers and soft cotton, of course but yeah...no clue on some sizes, thank goodness for calipers!)
      I’ll never have that many wigs *stares at a whole drawer full now, closes the drawer, says nothing*

((I could go on but I’ll just stop here...the shame if it all!))

3. Buy a Volks Ryoya Konoe, there are plenty of other handsome boys and for much cheaper! *side eyes my Volks Ryoya Konoe* :|

4. "MSDs are annoying. I'll never own another!"

*A couple of years pass*

[​IMG]

...Eh? Where did these freeloaders come from?!

5. Never own more than 4 dolls (now I have six and a floating head).
      Speaking of which, never have a floating head. Now I'm about to get one more....
      Never get a doll without a clear idea of which character it should be (....I got my DF-H Anye just because I thought he was pretty. Still don't have a clear idea of his character!)
      Never sell a doll or buy one secondhand (just didn't think I had to or would want to).

Looks like it's silly to have preconceived notions of what I'm going to or not going to do in this hobby...who knows, in another two years I might be collecting nothing but Minifees. XD (Okay, I feel comfortable saying THAT'S not going to happen)

#225 bickazer, Jul 31, 2018
      Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
      • Own more than one of the same mold
      • Order more than one doll at the same time
      • Have more boy dolls than girls (soon to be remedied... I hope!)
      • Own more than 4 dolls
      • Buy a doll without a character attached
      I broke a lot of my rules this year, haha!

6. Buy all of one doll's wardrobe.

Making clothes for yo-sd boys is hard okay? *eying the vast wardrobe lil Gene has*

7. I don't like it, but I've currently got two layaways running. Both of the dolls are from individual artists and only had a very short order period.

I won't do this again (I hope :roll:).

8. I will never buy a doll with a company face-up...

...But then I realized I have no talent for doing my own face-ups and then having a doll arrive with an already beautiful face-up is sooooo much more convenient!

9. "I will never buy an SD"
      I am waiting for Peakswood to ship my SD girl:sweat and I already have all her wig, clothing, accessories waiting for her.
      I always thought I'd never get anything bigger than an MSD just because of storage space and management. I already have few other SD's on my wishlist:eusa_sile

10. I'll never get more MSD (had only one), SD are so much better!
      /now was just as many MSD as SD/

I'll never spend over $30 on doll clothes, I don't even spend that much on my own clothes!
      /dolly closet is now worth more than person closet/

11. I never:
      1. Buy a doll (first rule I broke)
      2. Buy a MSD because I like SD size (end up buying a MSD as my first BJD)
      3. Buy more than 1 doll (currently own 3, 1 on layaway, 1 planning to buy after the said layaway, and 3 in the backlog)
      4. I will have only resin (I have resin and DD)
      5. Never buy a fullset since I can sew my own (all my dolls are fullset lol)
      So I learned that when I say I never, what I really mean is we will see in the future. :)

12. I will never buy any MSD sized dolls.. oops xD

13. I was firmly in the camp of 'these dolls are really expensive so I'll only have one'.
      That lasted for about a week before I decided my boy doll needed a girl doll because I wanted to sew pretty dresses...

14. I will never buy a BJD , but then I bought two dolls……

15. Except that that tentacle head works for Alitheia, so that’s double blown.

Plus I’ve shelled Varanus,,, so,,,

And if I’m making Fierene, I have to make her a Helios

16. I thought I was happy with my first doll and would never want another one again then ended up buying another within 3 months later... this hobby is indeed such a money sucking one HAHAH

17. "I will never buy a doll more than 300$" But I'm currently saving for a Ringdoll teenager. I'm planning it very carefully so that I don't end up spending more than I can afford.

18. - "I don't think I could be one of those people who has lots of dolls" ...oh how wrong I was!
      - I'll never get an MSD (...gets a MSD less than a month later)
      - I'll never get a YOSD (same thing, although I have since sold him, and don't plan on getting a YOSD again)
      - I won't be getting another doll for a long time (the year isn't even over and I have a new SD boy, a SD girl and two heads on the way)

Pretty much, don't believe a word I say ;V;

19. ..Have more then one lay away at a time. I had FIVE going last month (but only because I knew I'd pay off two of them within the same week of starting another)

Still can't believe myself. Smh.