1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

I will never...(but you did anyway)

Dec 2, 2016

1. "I will only get 1"
      I currently have 6 and one on the way!

"I will just get one of each size"
      Currently have 2 MSDs, 2 tinies and my 2nd YoSD on the way.

"I won't get obsessed with the hobby"
      Wishful thinking - (#autismissues)

2. .

#282 Gintsumi, Apr 14, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
    3. @Gintsumi My YoSD is a boy dressed as a girl. I do have a Harucasting smiling Adori coming who has a genderless body and I'll be swapping them. My son is trans so I have no issues with cross-dressing dolls! lol

4. "I would never buy a bjd, even though I awfully want one"-Well... my parents are buying one for me when I graduate middle school (Which is in like less than 50 days)

5. .

#285 Gintsumi, Apr 15, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
    6. I had friends in the community and I was a lurker for a long long time. I was adamant that I would never:
      1. Own an SD
      --My first two dolls were SD
      2. Own male dolls
      --My first two were male
      3. Treat dolls like people
      --Yea..most of us are guilty of this I'm sure
      4. Spend more than X amount on a doll
      --....lol. I won't disclose what that amount is but I surpassed it over 2x on a single doll
      5. Have dolls based on real people
      --Again, first two
      6. Have more than one doll
      --2.5 years in the hobby and I've surpassed 20
      7. Have a doll in a non-skin tone.
      --Planning on 2 thus far, one already ordered in purple, another is gray

7. "I will only get 1"
      Oh, yeah! Now there are three, and i can't tell that it's all. Mostly likely it's only beginning.

8. @chi_chi_co Congratulations! Do you know who you are getting yet?

9. @svc16

AAAH First of all, thank you so much!

I'm thinking of shelling one of my OC's, and if I do, I'm thinking of going with Rhea(Charm Dolls) Joyce (Charm Dolls) or Bellis (MaskCat Dolls)
      But then I'm in love with Dream Valley's Mia, sooo...

Hard decisions come with this hobby, I suppose!

10. I never thought I’d wipe my first girl’s factory faceup. I definitely never thought I’d repaint her myself. But I’m glad I did both of those things, since she looks like how I wanted her to look from the start.

11. I‘ll never play sd size dolls but now almost all of my doll is sd size lol

12. "... will buy blank heads"
      I bought two already (on second buy, no less) , want to buy at least three more.
      Justified by:
      - One head was on discontinued list, and I wanted that sculpt badly.
      - I really disliked original body of second head (this one does fave a face-up, actually).
      - I need a head for particular body (which I didn't order yet, but it already has a character)
      - I want to try to make a face-up, so I need more heads for practice.
      Here I go floating heads!

13. "I will never buy doll shoes, too expensive and the dolls don't go outdoors anyway!" Then I ended up buying 2 pairs of boots at a time and a bunch of clothes as well

14. i said i would never buy a doll over 1000 usd and then i said i wouldnt buy another doll till the following year but here i am with 9 dolls in 1 month and 3 orders over 1000, rip me

15. I will never have a huge hoard of dolls!

:doh:doh:doh

16. I literally said to my wife, "I will never buy a BJD ever, please do not worry". Well now I am waiting on one and she may want one depending on how mine arrives / how my experience goes.

So much for that promise, lol. At least she's on board....

17. 1. I will never tell anyone (all friends know).
      2. I will never buy tini (she sits on the shelf).
      3. I will never buy a doll for the last money (:().

18. I will never buy an SD sized doll... but I fell in love with one at a con, and now I have one on the way.
      I will never put a doll on layaway... well.

19. I will never make a pastel goth doll. ...but I am.

20. Floating heads. I will never colect floating heads...here goes my resolve.