1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

I will never...(but you did anyway)

Dec 2, 2016

1. I will never get a doll over 35cm! They're too big and i don't have the space. Yah, my second doll ever was 38cm. That may not seem like a lot and I guess it isn't but i felt i needed to be really strict about size. so now its no dolls over 38cm haha.

2. i will never own a 1/3 sized doll.
      When i fist discovered them i thought 1/3 or over 55cm was too big and now theyre my fav size!

3. :)
      I had decided not to buy new cloths and accessories for my new bjd until he arrived but I've gone wild getting him custom eyes, many clothing items and I'm still buying lol
      When I decided to buy him I knew I would spoil him but I did really try to wait to meet him before I went shopping. Not my fault, I blame him for being so darn cute:)

4. ALL.THE.TIME! I could write a list, but I don't think that is a novel anyone really wants to read :aeyepop:

5. 1. "I'll never get custom eyes for any of my dolls." Oooops, those sparkly eyes were really pretty.
      2. "More than $100 for an outfit? Seriously?" I don't even have a girl doll yet, but that dress is too much to resist.
      3. "Nothing much over 40cm." Now it's nothing smaller than 40cm.
      4. "No girly-girl dolls." Somebody send help, lol.

6. “I will never buy any yosds. I don’t get the appeal they’re so weird and just look like children”

Vs me, now, a yosd on the way and looking at more to gush over their adorable little faces and bodies. I get it now

7. I wasn't going to get any MSDs until my mature tiny group is finished. And then Racoon Doll had a sale - that encouraged me to order a 44cm lady. She's not here yet, so who knows how I'll feel when I get her.

8. I never wanted a doll over 50 cm. My second doll was 65 cm. :doh Now, I think I want more that size.

9. I told myself that I would never hybrid any of my bjds, since finding a resin match and body that worked proportionally to the head seemed like to much of a hassle. Except my first three dolls ended up just being heads and I’ve ordered bodies from different companies for two of the heads.

10. I will never own a Volks...
      Guess what's on the way?! xD

11. I think we have aĺl done it at one time or another. I might be able to do it if i stsyed off line lol

12. For me I never planned to own a 1/3 size doll....I’ve been eyeing BJDs for years and always thought, at most, I’d go to MSD....but nope the third doll I ended up ordering is 1/3 :sweat

13. "I'll never own a doll stand - I don't need them, my dolls don't need them, I'll make them stand on their own two feet."

I ... recently bought a couple stands. Trust me, it's all for putting my dolls into action/unbalanced poses they can't do without additional support! I promise not to use them for ordinary standing around!

14. I will never buy a doll in 75 scale (one on the way, and I don't plan on stopping there)

I will never spend more than $600 on a doll

I will never grow a collection of floating heads

I will never own more than 4 MSDs (ny first post in this thread was I will never own more than one doll. LOL)

15. I am a bit at the opposite side, I was always sure that I will want all the dolls buy a lot and from many different sizes and types I knew that because I was collecting dolls of several types all my adult life and I was like that with other types of dolls as well but I was always sure I would never want to sell/get rid of my dolls except of serious need of money and that I would never voluntarily downsize . Now a decade and more later I find myself burdened by the plethora of dolls want desperately to downsize not just to get money but to live a more "minimal" life with fewer stuff this I would never imagine for myself!!!

16. I said I’d never get a Pukifee…I have 5 now :XD:

17. This is the last doll I'll buy for this year

18. Oh, I tell myself so many lies!

No pre-orders, only second hand or in stock, I know I'm bad with waiting! (pre-orders a body)

Two dolls max! (4th one on the way to completion)

Only small busts! (2 boobie ladies in the crew - but tbh it is only because I bought them second-hand and might modify/swap pieces in the future)

All dolls must be able to share everything! (One can't share pants, one shoes, one tops, one wigs....)

No shoes over $20, they are just *dolls* (...lol)

19. "I will never buy a 1/3 doll," I said and then put DF-A's MAX on Layaway.

"I will never spend more than $400CAD on a doll," I said and then had to face the crippling reality of the exchange rate...

"I will never spend more than $100CAD at once on doll clothes," I said and then got absorbed in shopping for multiple outfits.

"I will never buy more than 3 dolls," I said and now own four while waiting for 3 others...

There are too many honestly :sweat This hobby is proof of how low my resolve is.

20. "I will sew all of my dolls' clothing and never buy any more!"

Very funny joke. I do plan on sewing clothes, especially for my hard-to-dress dolls, but having a doll that can wear Blythe clothing causes problems.