1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

I will never...(but you did anyway)

Dec 2, 2016

1. Things I said I would NEVER do and then did:

-Own girl dolls
      -Own more than one doll
      -Buy clothing because I can sew
      -Spend over $20 on shoes
      -Spend over $10 on eyes
      -Own a Minifee
      -Own a fantasy or non-human doll
      -Own any size other than MSD
      -Buy anywhere outside the US (I was totally paranoid about wait times and the safety of international shipping when I joined the hobby)
      -Own a child doll
      -Attempt to mod a doll
      -Commission a faceup
      -Sell a doll
      -Bother with body blushing
      -Trade a doll
      -Buy secondhand
      -Let anyone borrow my doll
      -Spend over $250 on a BJD
      -Put a doll on layaway

And...probably a lot more that I'm not thinking about, and even more that I still haven't done but might in the future. Never say never in this hobby. XD

2. I was never going to stray outside my list of my own characters. :doh

3. I will never exceed more then 10 dolls.... I now have 32.

4. LOL..it's really comforting to hear about this all, it simply means that I'm quite normal :3nodding:
      We are really a bunch of self-betraying individuals when it comes to dolls :wiggle

5. Well I'm really new in the hobby but when I first joined people recommend me to use layaway so as to not spend a lot of money at once. But I thought that it feels like having a debt so I'm just like "Nah too risky I'm just going to buy when I have the money"

But nooooo
      Mirodolls are having a sale and Yaya and Lili and so many others are so gorgeous and the next thing I know I'm already e-mailing them about layaways

After that I just looked at myself in the mirror and goes like "Girl I'm disappointed in you"
      Tbh no regret tho xD

6. Sounds so familiar. They multiply like rabbit's, don't they? :)

7. All of these stories are quite funny. I guess people in the community just can't help themselves when it comes to dolls.

Personally, when I was doing my research before getting my first doll (I'm a newbie on the hobby) I said that I'll never get a boy doll, but before even getting my first girl doll I already found a sculpt for a boy doll that I plan on buying in the future. Haha.

8. For the longest time, I had only boy dolls. And girl dolls are still in the minority, here, cos - they're EXPENSIVE. I mean, yes, I love how I can put my girls in all those cool clothes and shoes I'd never wear myself because they're just not my style or I don't have the right kind of figure to wear them but, heck, Aidan (my SD16 girl) keeps "demanding" new stuff on an almost regular basis. And she's also got just as many pairs of shoes, probably, as all my boy dolls together cos "You can't make me wear BLACK shoes with a WINE-RED dress! Are you insane!" ;) Yah, she's a real diva. Love her. :)

9. "No impulse buys. Ever. Be responsible." - Annnnnnnnnnd - an impulse doll turned into my most cherished character, who I hadn't even really thought about shelling.

10. I said I was never going to buy anything bigger than an MSD ... I haven't yet but there's a few SD's I'm just dying to get my hands on!

11. "I will never buy a BJD."
      Oops.

"I will never buy another BJD while waiting for another one to ship."
      Whoops.

I'm sure there'll be plenty more in time~

12. I said to myself that I would never spend more than $650 on a doll. Well, I bought my grail doll at over $800. So...that budget went out the window hahaha.

13. "I will never spend more money on a doll outfit than I would on an outfit for myself."

Well.. Oops?

14. "I will never have two dolls coming at once"

lol :doh

15. "I will never pay more than $400 for a doll". Soom's BK Noellia was just over $400.
      "Even though I love my first doll, I will never buy another Soom Mini Gem girl." When Soom expanded their BK Noellia release from 20 to 50, I pounced. As of a week ago, I've ordered another. Somewhat awkward legs aside, some of them are so special they keep coming to live with me!

16. I will never be one of those people with wayyyy too many dolls......

oops. Ehehehehe...:sweat

17. "I will never buy a bjd."
      I have two resin bjds, one porcelain bjd, and a floating head.

"I will never buy a doll head only."
      I purchased one this summer (looking forward to finishing her next year). I can't stand staring at her (or any doll) without a body but she was too lovely for me to pass up. Now I'm searching for a cheap minifee head so I can use it for making wigs.

18. I told myself I would not get any to shell into anime character or real people but now I'm shelling four dolls into my favorite Kpop band members

19. Well...like most everyone, I told myself I wouldn't go over a set number (seven), but now I'm certain I'm over that. (I think it's at around 11-13 now? (Unfortunately, most are major WIPs right now) Some aren't here (yet!) but eventually they will be:sweat)

Also, I was planning to stick with only working on my original story characters, but now I have plans to do four character dolls (my soon-to-be Legend of Korra bunch. Planned to only do character dolls with Pullips, XD)

I probably also had set price limits for wigs, clothes, and eyes, but I'm sure I've gone over those at one point or another:XD:

Also, after getting my MSD several years ago, I think I ended up in the mindset to never buy another BJD and sell my girl at some point. :lol:That really didn't stick, and I still have that MSD girl.:)

20. "I'll be extra careful with my dolls, and I will never ding their face-ups!"

I knocked Johnny off his shelf three nights ago, and he chipped an eyebrow. I'm glad the damage was aesthetic and not structural, but it still ticked me.