1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

I will never...(but you did anyway)

Dec 2, 2016

1. I most definitely told myself I would never have more than 2 dolls, since I am just starting out. But I already have 2 now and one more on preorder from DDE. I also said I would absolutely NEVER have a need for fantasy parts, because I just wanted my normal human girls, but I most definitely just bought a secondhand Sia tail. I feel like that totally happens all of the time in this hobby though, where you say "Oh I would never buy that, or spend that much, or have that many" and then somehow you do! Lol

2. I told myself I would never get a Doll Chateau bjd because although interesting they just aren't my thing. I asked for their unicorn Lillian for Christmas from my boyfriend...

I will never buy placeholder outfits! They can just be naked until the custom clothes are finished! I've bought placeholder outfits for almost every doll.

#42 Relew, Dec 10, 2016
      Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    3. I will never pay more than $30 for eyes... I've bought eyes for $50.
      I will never do a layaway (too much like buying on credit)... I now have my layaway doll home.
      I will never buy more than 1 doll at a time... Did the layaway and put a down payment on another within a month of each other.
      I will never have more than 5... 10... 15.... Ah, screw it, the idea I could limit the number of dolls I own was stupid from the start (I'm at 38 now).

I have said that I will never own a girl as they're not my thing and all my dolls are characters from my novels. I have a tiny OT doll (DZ Little Bean) that is genderless but I see her as a girl so perhaps that counts?

4. I said I wouldn't buy any more dolls without selling one that I already own, and they would all remain under 60cm.

Now I'm in the process of piecing together four dolls, all of them over 60cm. :doh

5. First was I will never buy a bjd
      then I will only get one
      then only two as he needed a friend
      next thing there was a population explosion and I now have 25!

6. This hobby has taught me to never say never!

I will never own more than 5 dolls.....I own 10 plus 6 floating heads.
      I will never buy another doll before I have the last one "finished".....3 of my dolls are naked, eyeless, and/or blank. All my floating heads are blank. Only 3 dolls have shoes. :doh
      I will never spend more than $600, including shipping, on a doll.....um, yeah.
      I will never own a 1/3 doll or anything smaller than 1/6.....wrong on both counts.
      I will never buy a doll with pointed ears or vampire fangs.....well, my tiny has the ears, and one of my floaters has both.

7. "I'll learn to do my own faceups... commissioning them is just too much money," I said.

(Casually commissions three that Im anticipating will be around $100 each but are going to make my characters perfect)

8. "I will never spend more than 300$ on a doll", then saw SD dolls, fell in love and few years later bought my Razjel (Ringdoll Lucifer).
      And still saying that I will never buy clothes for my dolls that cost more than clothes for myself, but looks like I have no choice if I want to buy nice suit for my boy ^^;
      We will see what will be next...

9. "I won't buy a doll while I'm still in school"
      Happened freshman year.
      "I will never pay that much for a pair of jeans, I can make them myself!"
      I shamefully admit my doll was naked for far too long because of that.
      "I will never have more than one unfinished doll/floating head at a time."
      Sigh

10. " I will never buy a bjd."
      "I will never buy a bjd that expensive"
      "I will never buy another bjd"
      Hahah lol

11. I told myself that I would never buy a new doll without at least first having *actually* seen my first one. Then I received my first and second full-sets in the same month, and between the two arrivals I ordered another 2 heads lol.

12. I will never own more than 4 dolls (currently have 14 I think?)

I will only own MSD (have 1 resin SD girl and 1 on the way. Also 8 Dollfie Dreams. I have found I do prefer my resin in the MSD range and vinyl for SD)

I will sew all my own clothes (this becomes impossible to keep up with once they start multiplying)

I will do all my own faceups (mostly true, the exception will be my PeaksWoods Vampire Goldie simply because PW does the most gorgeous faceups in the world and she is a very special doll)

I will never spend more than $400 on a doll

I will never spend more than $600 on a doll

I will never spend more than $800 on a doll

I will never spend more than $1000 on a doll

I will never spend more than $1200 on a doll...

Well darnit. Can we just say that my reasonable limit is $800 and there is only one doll in existence that I currently know of that I am willing to exceed that number for? Maybe?

13. I never thought I'd buy any kind of doll.

Now I've got the beginnings of a decent collection. What's the point of being an adult and wasting so much of your life working if you can't do the things you like?

14. I am totally failing at the hobby...:chibi
      Some of the "will not's" of which I have completely failed...
      • I won't have more than 8 dolls max - FAIL
      • I won't buy a head without having the body - FAIL
      • I won't buy a new doll without having completed an existing doll - FAIL
      • I won't buy dolls smaller than 60cm - FAIL
      • I won't have more than 1 female doll - FAIL
      • I won't pay more in shipping than the item - FAIL

15. I think I am strict when it comes to my own rules.
      When it comes to the doll hobby in general I am careful with what I say.
      I never would say that " I never will have this amount of Dolls", because I think it will come as it will come.
      I say it a little bit diferent like " I probably will never sell my first BJD, but who knows?"
      I think its because I know my selve only to well :lol:

Ou wait a sec.......I said that I dont want to send my doll to an face up artist..... ok thats the only exeption so far.
      Does this count?
      But I dont think that I will brake that. I love to do face ups :D

16. Never would I consider ordering a second doll before I've received my first.

And I'll enter the DD Santa Saber lottery when it's available too, to (hopefully) make it three outstanding.

Doh! Waiting is terrible though.

17. I said I would never shell all ten of my SD characters, because I just couldn't fathom having 10 SD's. Their story has grown, so while I still don't have them all, ten really doesn't seem that big a number anymore... Whoops.

I was dead set on never getting a tan skin doll, because of the various reasons people don't like tan. The first time I broke this it didn't go so well, so I was completely convinced of this rule until I fell for Luts Delf Claus in that particular skintone (I'm still in love with my boy now!). Now I just pick whatever skintone I think works best for the sculpt and I have everything between stark white and ink black.

I've always told myself that fantasy dolls weren't for me. I broke this several times over, but aside from my little anthro-piggies, none of them have ended up staying. I still catch myself eyeing them, vampires especially, but so far so good :) (I don't count elf ears in this, because then I wouldn't have my beloved Soony's and I could never get the MNF Nanuri14, Karsh and Eliya on my wishlist. I just hide them when needed.)

Never buy Enchanted Doll eyes (or similarly expensive). Broke this at the last Ldoll when the perfect pair of eyes for Jules happened to be from Enchanted Doll.

Never do layaway. Yeah, nevermind...

Never paint my own face-ups. I may not be all that proud of my own work, but I've painted my share of faces over the years. I'm only now starting to realise it's more a matter of me not really liking to do it, so for the future I'll change doing my own work to "find artists for blank heads" more and more. That's another one, though: never pay over $75 for a face-up. I haven't done this yet, but I've certainly paid this price for the face-up already done on a head I purchased second-hand.

And never pay over $200 on just a head. Volks SD10 Megu, yup.

The only thing I've still never done: pay more for shipping than the item itself. I don't see myself breaking that, but who knows...

Moral of this hobby: never say never.

18. I never thought I'd own an MSD, but then I roomed with a girl at a con who owned only MSDs and I thought they were so small and cute compared to all my huge 65-70cm guys...and now I own two lol. I also never thought I'd ever get a full-set doll, preferring to customize my dolls from head-to-toe...until Souloid Phiel came along and I loved everything about him already and bought the full-set with painting and all, oops.

19. I will never own more than 3 dolls! Now I have 5 and one more coming..
      I will never get another male doll! Now I have 2.
      I will never own SD sized doll! Ended up getting enormous man from Angeldolls.
      I will never own tiny doll! Owned few of those and kinda want another one.
      Aaaaand so on..

20. "I will never own another vinyl doll because I worry about them staining"...I bought two vinyl dolls for Christmas :doh!