1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

I will never...(but you did anyway)

Dec 2, 2016

1. 2014-2015: these are gorgeous but I could never afford them.
      August 2016: I really want one doll. So it has to be perfect.
      As of December 22nd, 2016: I have one full doll at home, three floating heads (two of which are for sale, to be fair), and I have Souldolls on layaway (Souloid Lavi Gold and Kid Sandy Brown Bonnie). I have a huge wishlist too. I don't really have "characters" so much for most of them - despite being a lurker in the hobby for 2-3 years, they're still more "art" than "characters" to me.

So my entire BJD story is "never gonna happen" but has totally happened.

2. There are several things regarding number of dolls I own, price of clothing I've bought, etc.
      The most recent is buying a fullset. I have never had interest in fullset dolls since customizing is my favorite part of the hobby. I have not bought or been tempted to buy one for the ten years I've been in the hobby. However, I wanted a glamour Eve, and buying a fullset actually turns out cheaper than buying the head I want, the body, the right option parts, and basic clothing pieces separately.
      I haven't decided what I will do with the faceup yet if I don't like it, but I just sent a message inquiring about buying her.

3. I was only going to have yo-sds and only no more than 4. Looking back now,I never say never about anything.

4. I was never going to have a YoSD, and then I found Soom Teenie Gems.

I was also never going to make or own a fur wig (just not my thing /shrug) and then I made one for my friend's doll since they were new to the doll hobby and didn't have any wigs yet. -stares at it sitting on my desk-

5. I believe that at one point or the other, I have made the following statements:
      • I'll never get another 16 cm doll, they are too small. (I bought a second one, and he's still with me.)
      • I'll never buy two of the same, that's just silly. (I have two Zihus, a Dollmore Alex and Alexia, two LLT Roderichs and NO REGRETS.)
      • I couldn't possibly pay more than $500 for a doll. (Except when it's Mydolling Jeanne, I suppose :p.)
      • All dolls must be characters from the story I'm working on. (Except when it's Mydolling Jeanne, again, and my Narae just looks so good in modern clothes, it seems a shame to force her into medieval ones.)
      • No, really, 70 cm is just too big for me. (...At the time of writing, I'm waiting for my Doll Chateau Dolores to arrive.)
      I don't know why I say these things...

6. "I will never buy a mature msd"

7. "I will never have more than one!" I promise my SO, as I place my second on layaway :P

8. "I will never get a bjd, I will just make my playline dolls fancy and enjoy them."
      Yeah, the artistry pulled me in. My playline dolls really can't hold a candle to my girls!
      "I will never spend over $500/ get an sd doll, too expensive/big for my small apartment and current lifestyle."
      Yup, doubled up here as my DC lilly broke both rules. Tentatively, however, she is the exception for now. I really can't have another impulse purchase like her for a looong time :sweat

9. I thought I would never want to get two (or more) of the same sculpt, but I'm planning on placing an order on my second Minifee Chloe after Atelier Momoni Momoni pre-order starts and I pay for her.

10. "I'll never pay more for doll clothes than I would on my own!"

Sure, me. Suuuure. :|

11. I was never planning on buying a BJD until my friend showed me hers and invited me to a buy and sell bjd group...and I found one and impulsively bought it. Now you can say I'm close to becomming addicted to this hobby haha

12. "I'll never buy more than two!" - in 2017 I will reach ten.

"I'll never buy anything as big as an SD!" - I have two of them now.

"I'll never buy one that doesn't have a faceup!" - four of them, so far, came blank.

"I'll never buy fantasy sculpts!" - the three vampires and naga beg to differ.

Yeah. I can't believe the things I thought I would "never" when I started out with these hunks of resin.

13. I vowed never to have any floating heads, only full dolls. Until I saw SheCow's Mara head, which I just had to have!

14. I think we've all had times when we'd said we wouldn't buy any more dolls but then we did anyway.
      There was a time when I thought Minifees were overrated and overpriced, and I said I'd never get one. (I've always wanted to be different from other people in the hobby and own artist dolls and uncommon sculpts etc.)
      Now I have a MNF boy and girl, and a MNF head on a DC body...

15. Another for the no YO sized club here!
      I saw a few Volks ones in person and decided that they just were not for me. In fact I strongly disliked them.
      One thing led to another and now I have five Soom Teenie Gems!

16. Never have floating heads without plans of getting them a body... Now I have two floating heads without any plans of getting bodies for them any time soon XD

17. At the very beginning, I promised myself to own only 1...now I have 8 (and they have yet to arrive soon), and still wanting more...*help me*

After that 8 dolls, I said to myself "OK, since the number increases, I will only stick to male dolls. This will be easier when shopping for their clothes and they can share." - wait...then how come I have a wishlist for female dolls? -_-"

18. Not sure if its entirely "I will never" because i left it as a possibility of getting a more realistic and sweet doll.
      But I didn't expect myself to want one so quickly, since I was mostly planning to collect more 'off the wall' dolls only, or at get one as my first.

Something tells me I'm going to end up having some "I will never" moments though, heh.

19. My only rule in the beginning was that I will only buy MSD or smaller....I have 8 SD and larger sized dolls but getting another one will have to be really special. I look all the time but nothing I have to have.

The bulk of my collection is indeed MSD and smaller so I only delved out of my size restriction a little bit.

20. Well, this is not a "did" as much as "going to", but...

"I'll NEVER sell my first doll because it is special to me and is not produced anymore!"

Well... Too bad my wallet says otherwise. 8(