1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

I will never...(but you did anyway)

Dec 2, 2016

1. And the "next" came to me pretty quickly. I used to say that I will never buy a limited full set doll, but I just did. Sometimes it's so hard to resist :doh Now I can't wait to get him :love

2. "I will never buy an SD doll, they're far too big and heavy."

*looks at two SDs sitting in her doll area*

"I will never buy a tiny, they're just too small."

*looks at Puki and 3 yoSDs*

Apparently I will "never" do a lot of things....

3. I will never buy a BJD.*Joins Den of Angels*

Okay, only one. *Buys two floating heads*

Okay, but I have to get cheap bodies. The total cost should be well below $1000. *Starts eying not cheap bodies*

This in only a few months. I worry myself, and I have a lot more nevers still on the table...

#83 iamkathybrown, Jan 15, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    4. I will never spend more than $500 on a doll. *has spent more than twice that on a few occasions*
      I will never buy one of those ridiculously beefy boy dolls. *Soom Mega Gem boy arrived today*
      I will never sell a certain doll. *sold said doll when I "left" the hobby, still sad about it*

5. I recently broke 2 of my "I will never..."
      1) I will never buy 2 or more dolls from the same company (I love/hate DearMine for this one xD).
      2) I will never spend more than 250$ in a 20cm-or-less-doll (DearMine again xD).

6. spend over $400 on a doll but the doll, his clothes, shoes, eyes, wig, carrier, and miscellaneous accessories it's probably over that oh well i guess :sweat

7. When I bought my first bjd last summer I said, I will never allow myself to buy more than 1 bjd in a year. A month later I bought my second and the bjd for 2017 is already on her way >w< I fall in love and bond so easily......

8. I think I had a few "Never will I" moments:

- One was buying David K from Dollshe as his price was over $900...
      - Another was buying more then one...
      - Another was buying four more in one month (it was a Christmas gift this past Christmas to myself, now to wait for them to arrive...)

There are many others but I'll leave it alone for now lol...

9. I discovered resin BJD's as a teen so I started out by saying things such as:

"I'll never be able to afford it"
      "I'll never be able to buy one"
      "I'll never have any room for dolls"
      "I'll never meet someone who won't judge me for wanting one"

Obviously, as an adult that all changed, and yes my husband doesn't judge lol.

10. "I will never buy another Bjd...Right after this last one." Hah It's really difficult to stop shopping for bjd, I have two on preorder and I'm ready looking at another one.

11. Well the plan was to shut off before night time so that I would not find myself spending hours into the early morning looking at dolls as my will power at twilight is super weak... that is how my first two dolls were bought, haha!

12. I will never have more than 10 dolls...but I have 11dolls now..:o

13. own more than a few dolls - I swore I would stop with having one of each size. Then I kept coming up with ideas for more characters, and fell in love with more sculpts, and often found myself searching the marketplace and looking at some of my favorite company sites. Now I have two more heads on the way I'm about to start working on, and at least three more future dolls planned.

faceups - I was always scared to tackle faceups, but I bought a practice head and ended up giving my littlest girl a faceup... and the two heads I mentioned are going to get faceups by me.

make my own wigs - I always thought of the idea as really tedious and frustrating... but I have such specific hairstyles in mind for my dolls that a few of them are getting custom wigs. Including the ones that are coming in... haha.

14. I will never get a tan doll. Now have five.
      I will never get a Yo-SD-size child. Now have four and two on the way.
      I'm not getting any more anthros. Now have three on the way.

#94 phanuel, Jan 23, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    15. I will never into BJD hobby! →Here I am. I ordered my first doll from Luts
      I will never buy Volks doll! It's so freaking expensive!→bought Volks SD
      I will never have ANOHTER Volks doll! One is already enough→bought a Volks SDGr two month after I bought the SD
      I will never buy girls! Girl's clothes and shoes are much more expensive than boys→ordered one full doll and one head from Maskcatdoll, and of course, they only have girls.
      I will never buy more than 4 dolls. There is no more space!→now I have 3 full dolls and 4 floating heads, plus 3 full dolls + 1 head are on their way...and I am already thinking of getting a few more orz

16. I will never...

Have more than 3..... My 18th arrived yesterday.
      Have more male than female dolls.... Currently I have 4 girls... And 14 boys.
      Modify a doll permanently...... Had to modify a body to fit the head of my third, modded 2 dolls since and going to mod
      another 2 later this year.

Glad to see I'm not the only one...

17. Never have more than one doll of each size -> now awaiting my third SD.

18. I was never going to own a Micro... 'Too small. 'Look too fragile. I'm a klutz. I'd break the thing.

* eyes her Banji, all the little "creatures" and the two Dream High dolls that have somehow ended up in the collection*

Uhm, yeah. Anyway...

Big, Manly McMan-Dude dolls. Too big. Too heavy. Hard to pose and hard to dress. And not my "type". We're all about the waifish bishi guys over here, not refugees from the weight room.

*eyes the trio of Iple EID guys and the giant lug of a Spirit Doll Ulmus standing next to them... plus the order confirmation for the Granado V-07*

Okay, so maybe we're not EXCLUSIVELY about the waifish bishi-boys... Maybe...

I definitely don't need any bombshell boob-a-palooza ladies, though. Nope. I'm not interested in glamor girls with the proportions of a pin-up.

*eyes her EID Bibiane and SID Cherie*

*face-palms*

I give up.

I'm never saying never again.

19. "I won't start big in this hobby" I said before I ended up buying a head that fits a 70cm body. Oh well!

20. "I will never buy a 40-cm sized doll again" (I owned a bunch, sold them all off when I got into SD's and tinies...)

... It was of course a 40-cm doll that got me back into the hobby after several years of really being out of it.

"I will never buy a doll to be one of my fiction characters again because they never work out and always deform my opinions of those characters..."

... Guess WHY I bought a doll after 5 years of nothing?

"I will never buy doll clothes again since I can make them myself"

... Just bought some basic things for the new girl today just so I didn't have to feel guilty about having her sitting naked in her box...