1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

I will never...(but you did anyway)

Dec 2, 2016

1. Assured my husband that "I won't have more than 2 BJDs at a time." ... a week later I ordered my third. :sweat

2. I won't order more than 2 dolls this year (2017).
      I've just bought my fourth. :sweat
      I will never order a fullset doll. I ordered two fullsets.
      I will never spend more than $400 on a doll. I did that.
      I will never own more than 2 dolls! I now have 8. I don't know what happened.

#102 A_Grand_Leaf, Jan 29, 2017
      Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    3. I won't buy Dollfie Dreams...turns out I love anime face the most!

4. 1. "I will never get a faun BJD."
      2. "I will not buy dolls on impulse."

Aaaaaand I did both of those just a few minutes ago. 8'D Literally just paid for the doll. It's just a body with no head, but still. I had decided not to get a faun (even though I love the legs), but then I stumbled across a doll named Stella from the user @Rosslyn. And oh my gosh those cute lil hooves! ÓuÒ I spent a lot of time just admiring them and wishing for a doll with cute hooves like that.

There's this Finnish online auction site where I check BJD stuff pretty much daily now, and there was this headless faun body. It had been there for several days and I had seen it before. Only this time I really started looking at it closely (the body was unstrung) and what do you know: it had the same legs! And the price wasn't bad either! And the shipping was only 6 euros. *happy tear* I'm so glad I found something in my own country. No customs and cheap shipping. Turns out the doll is Soom's Ai. I have to look for a head for her now. : 3

• SDs intimidate me, I'll never get one--- Currently have 8 SDs...
      • I don't like DD, I'll never get one --- I have about 13 DDs with more on the way... Speaking of which...
      • I'll never do layaway, if I can't afford it now I shouldn't buy it --- Sound advice past me, too bad I couldn't stick to that. Thanks Soom, thanks peakswoods.
      • Ok, I will never spend more on doll clothes than my clothes --- Well that was easy to stick to...until I got into SD size dolls.
      • I'll never spend more on doll shoes than my own shoes--- Technically I still haven't bought a single pair of doll shoes that are more expensive... But uhm, if we are talking about total amount spent it might be getting closer and closer...
      • I will never buy a Volks doll, I'm not fond of their sculpts --- Gets into DD, buys a Volks doll ( Magical Michael ) from a local group member, now has a small list of Volks dolls on wishlist
      • I'll never spend more than 1k on a doll --- Thanks to the Canadian exchange rate this has been smashed to pieces. Now the rule is if it's that high it has to be a fullset that I absolutely love.

5. Awww I am so glad she inspired you to get your own little hoof-y doll!

6. Of course! I couldn't resist dem hooves. ^w^ It's also a incredible coincidence that a Soom Ai body just happened to be on a Finnish online auction site right now. And at a good price. I got lucky!

7. If you're sure it's legit, go for it! I think I got Stella's Ai legs here on Den of Angels, as well as her Littlefee body and head.

Okay, on the topic and adding to the thread,
      I said I'd never give in to the bjd stereotype and make an "androgynously gorgeous slim model type pretty-man".... Annnnd now I have Shade. Oops.

8. I'd never, ever, ever buy a doll over 60cm, that is my max size limit. Well, I went and bought one at 66cm. Oops, I gotta be more careful about setting doll rules. They just get broken so often. :sweat

9. As a normal guy, i said to myself I will never play with dolls.. (but i did)
      After I got one myself, I told my wife that I will never buy another.. (but I have 3 now)
      After having 3 now, I told myself ok, I will never buy another new doll.. (until I got access to doa marketplace recently)

I'm afraid of telling myself "I will never again.." :dance

10. I will never buy more than 1 doll.
      I will never buy a resin doll. (Most of my time in the doll hobby has been with vinyl BJDs.)
      I will never buy a boy doll.
      I will never spend more than $1,000 USD on a doll.

11. 'I will never buy another doll while waiting for a previously purchased one to arrive!'
      So what do I do? Well, buy an April Story doll while waiting for my very first doll (Doll Leaves) to be finished, of course! Had not even got my first doll in the door before I changed my mind. :XD:

12. I will never buy doll clothes, I am an experienced seamstress, why buy what I can make? They are TOO expensive. Then I was casually browsing Martha Boers site, antiquelilac, and I fell madly in love with a dress she called "Exotic Blue", in electric blue and fuschia, coated in embroidery and beads. SO PRETTY!.

It came in the mail last week.

13. I will never:
      • Have a BJD, I'll just play with my "virtual dollies" in The Sims 3, BJDs are too expensive
      • Buy any clothing for them, I'll figure out how to sew them myself
      • Have more than 1 BJD
      • Buy more than 1 doll or even a head per year
      • Buy a YoSD or otherwise child-like BJD
      • Order a doll while I'm still waiting for another one to arrive
      • Buy another MSD
      • Buy food props, at least not cookies/cakes/pastries/other simple ones since I can make them myself
      • Buy an SD doll/body from any other company than my existing one is from (because I didn't want to have to sew clothing for yet another size/shape, no matter how close the measurements would be)
      I think the only "never" I have left is buying a male doll, and I've lately been playing with the idea of getting a boyfriend for one of my SDs, or maybe at least buying a YoSD boy because they are so much cheaper and I could also use his body for my floating YoSD girl head. The only thing holding me back really is that I have basically nothing for guys, I've no interest in sewing men's clothing (nor skill required, really) and I'm starting to run out of space for anything in general..... I guess I will never move into a bigger apartment just to have more space for dolly things. :lol:

#114 Sagastree, Jun 13, 2017
      Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    14. Never thought I'd want to spend money on a blank doll to customize into an existing character, but now I'm very seriously on the hunt for the perfect Dio Brando :sweat I also never thought I'd want any childlike yosds until I saw a few other owner's cute photo setups for their tinies! They're the perfect size for making roomboxes + there are soooo many little things I have that would be cute toy props for them.

• Never will I ever have more than 1 BJD (I was up to 7 at one point, but I'm back down to 1)
      • Never will I ever buy a SD, or anything other than a Minifee (I now only collect SD and don't have any Minifees)
      • Never will I ever spend more than $500 with shipping on a doll (I bought my fullset Migi boy, so that was smashed to pieces)
      • Never will I ever have more than one boy doll (Now I'm planning on only owning 1 girl doll)

15. When I started I said to myself "I will never buy more than one doll! I don't need anyone after I have my Kid Delf! He will be all I need."
      And, well. That didn't exactly go as planned. I decided to shell his best friend into a doll, so they could finally be together. c:
      And honestly, I'm very happy I did!
      I also said "I will never buy clothes for my doll unless there's no way I could possibly make it!" and, well.... As much as I can probably make it if I had the motivation, I found it's a lot easier to just buy clothes, lol! ^^ I'm still super cheap, but they have plenty enough clothes now. ;)

16. ...And I just broke even more nevers, just as I suspected I would.

I will never get a limited.
      I will never buy a doll without waiting at least a month.

Curse the news section, and curse my curiosity! How did someone produce so perfect a doll after I gave up on any chance of it ever existing? Hopefully I'll at least still never go over five dolls.

17. I was never going to buy a doll until I had the one before it finished... I now have 3 unfinished dolls ;-;

18. Paid waaaaaaaayyyyyyy to much for an outfit I thought I wanted. When it arrived I was like ....meh.....sold it 6 months later.