1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Identity crisis?

Dec 24, 2004

1. I think it's the other way round with me, my girls wear stuff I would LOVE to ideally wear. I feel like I can stick to a clothing style for myself by expressing others I like through my dolls.

2. I don't think my dolls have changed my style rather they are all styled by me to my tastes. I find a lot of me goes into my dolls and I can also put things on them that I would love to wear but couldn't get away with. Their style tends to be an expression of my own.

3. Nothing strange for me so far! But I've only been in the hobby for a year, who knows what the future holds.:sweat

4. Yep. I am anti- pink and anti fluffy girly stuff like ruffles. I love elegant simple clothing , mostly in blue, green, purple and black. But I admit sometimes when I am in the fabric stores, I have a "pink day" when I can't resist buying pale sparkly iridescent pink cloth, ribbons, tiny flowers, and lace for the dollies....and I recently bought the first pink shirt I have EVER purchased for myself. So, yeah, I guess the dolls are sort of affecting my tastes. My best friend and I have agreed that anything we like that is a dilute shade of red, we will call "pale rose", so that we don't have to admit to wearing pink!

5. I really agree with firexie :), you were the one who created your bed's personally, and even though that personally is individual to the doll. Some part of their personality must be linked with you, otherwise how could you have created it? :D Also, if your constantly buying your bjd something, you might start wanting it yourself, as you get used to it :D.

R u frekin kidding me bjd not bed damn you autocorrect.

6. I totally agree with Kurainangels and Lilith :3 I think that the mirror effect of dolls can be why they are therapeutic. We reflect parts of ourselves in them and so while we use our imaginations to create wonderful styles and characters for them, we are also learning to love ourselves. I like to think that I give my dolls each their own unique character, but I know that even if they are athletic or shy or any number of things that I don't consider myself, they all reflect a small part of myself. Very cool thread thanks for your thoughts :)

7. I dress my dolls on different styles I like and base their likes on things I find interesting, so even if they have different personalities they are still things I enjoy. Like different types of alternative clothes, fantasy hair colors and so on. So I would have to say no, since I liked it from the start.