1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

if dolls were less expensive...

Jul 23, 2015

1. Yes, I collected Jenny as well (similar price with Barbie). I love the dolls no matter how much it is. Just because I like the designing.

2. If they were exactly the same but just cheaper, I wouldn't be as hesitant to buy one every time. In all honesty I would want to buy more!

3. They would be busting out of every orifice of my house :mwahaha

4. oh if they were the same quality id definitely still be buying them. having a cheaper price would just mean i could have my family together much faster! im also very picky with sculpts so i dont think i would go too overboard....
      that being said, it would make impulse buying much easier...yikes

5. I would still love them! However I fear I might go overboard with the numbers....... yeah, in someways I'm glad they cost a lot! xD

6. I'm sure my family would have to stage a doll intervention for me, because the dolls would be covering every desk, shelf, counter, etc...

7. I'm so glad dolls aren't cheaper! I'd have a small army of ball jointed dolls!

8. I'd probably buy every one that caught my eye! Cheaper dolls would be so nice.

9. Honestly, even if the dolls were of exactly the same quality as they are now, I think I would be less interested in the hobby if they were cheaper. They're more precious to me because they're expensive, and I think that's a big part of what motivates me to devote time and effort into working on them. I can't imagine myself spending weeks on making a pattern and sewing a dress for a doll that I had just bought on a whim. All of the planning and saving is really enjoyable and rewarding, for me at least.

10. I collect monster high dolls, which are of course inexpensive, and I feel that if bjds were less expensive or the same price of monster highs I'd have like 20. The only fear I have is that I won't connect with them all if I have a lot.

11. My room would be full if bjd's were less. That would be crazy.

12. Honestly, price is why I am able to limit myself. If they were cheaper, I'd be drowning in dolls of every size, color, and aesthetic!

13. Hmm, well I'd probably get dolls on my wishlist much faster, and I'd probably do a lot more impulse buying, but other than that I'd still love them. One of my favorite things about the hobby is customization, and the stories people make for their dolls, and I don't think those aspects would change very much if dolls were cheaper.

14. If their quality could be stable, I thought reducing price is a amazing thing.:love

15. we might be more wealthy haha
      i will still treat they very nice regardless of their price anyway~~

16. I agree, I would treat them the same way. But I think that maybe I'd be braver with mods. I think we would see more mods in general, because it's not that easy psychologically to start doing something irreversible to your immaculate expensive doll. And of course I'd have tons of them :D

17. hello yes i think so that 's so expensive but she is so cute :-)

18. Omg...if the price is more affordable, I would have an army of them...but yes, I do feel that maybe it will lose the exclusivity as we have now.

19. If ball jointed dolls were less expensive, I would be collecting a ton of them.

There are so many beautiful sculpts out there, that it is almost impossible to get a fraction of the dolls I want. :D

20. Oh I'd definently would have more, then the chaos would endure as I'd have to try & keep who's clothes are who's...
      at least right now I have 3 sets of clothes one for my Ipelhouse HID, & EID Hero, Granado's Enoch & Dollshe's David at least can share most items!! Now to get Dollsoul Vito Haim & his new boyfriend Killian when he gets here some clothes!