1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

If I ONLY get two dolls of the same sculpt, am I a single doll owner?

Mar 2, 2011

1. I think this question is more theoretical and not a simple math question. I would assume she knows that two dolls are two dolls. The last sentence in her post seems to clarify that this is not as stupid as the answers are implying.

I think see what the poster is trying to say. It's the mindset of a person who only owns one doll and has no interest in others. The poster only wants one sculpt. I think that owning only two dolls who are the same sculpt is like being a single doll owner. Perhaps not exactly, but yes, I think it's a very similar concept.

2. Maybe it isn't the physical aspect of the doll we're discussing? Are they two different characters? Even twins aren't the same as their twin characteristically.
      If the two dolls are the same character, then maybe I could classify it as a single doll owner. I don't regard my dolls as dolls, just characters that I've housed, making them more physical then drawings... if these two same sculpt dolls are exactly the same character, then sure, why not, it's a single-doll household. But it'd have to be completely the same- same quirks and personality, same hair, same faceup, and I don't know why you'd want to do that, lol. Kinda takes the fun away from getting two dolls; for one character? Hahah.

Am I making this to philosophical? Lol!

3. I do believe single doll owner means having just one doll. So, having two dolls, even if they are the same sculpt, should mean two. Sorry if i didnt answer your question correctly.

4. SOMEBODY UNDERSTANDS!! THANK YOU!! That is exactly what I was asking.

5. No, even if you just want ONE scuplt, its not the same as a one doll owner if you have more than one doll.

A one doll owner wants to lavish attention on one doll who is one scuplt. A doll owner with two dolls of the same scuplt wants to lavish attention on one scuplt but more than one doll. They're not the same thing. In theory or in practice.

6. I don't think it has to do with us others who answered not understanding. It's more so the fact as to why it even matters?

7. A single sculpt owner, but not single doll.

8. I think it's a cute question. Makes me smile. :) Like the one about being shy around boy dolls if you're a girl owner. :) :)

And it's got a bit of philosophy to it. That amuses me, too.

And like all such questions, there are many approaches and ways to understand it and no one answer. :D

To more concrete thinkers, having two dolls is having two dolls--no matter what sculpt they are.

To the more solipsistic, it is whatever you think.

What about heads? Do they count as more than one doll? --The same applies... maybe, maybe not! :D

If going by how one treats the dolls... I would think it would count as 2 unless you had identical dolls and thought and treated them as something like clones with a hive mind, maybe? But as they are two physical dolls and you are thinking of them as two personalities and basically separate individuals... I'd have to say they'd be much the same as anyone with 2 dolls.

YMMV. ;)

9. So if you got a hundred of the same sculpt would you still think you only owned one ;) ?
      How many can you count? Theres one. Two.
      You own two dolls!

10. as everybody wrote before, you are no longer a single doll owner, Your dolls will let you know, they are two dolls with their own needs. You will know the difference!

11. That makes sense. xD

I just wanted to see what people would think.

12. I have 9 dolls that are the same character and the whole point of them is to make them as different as possible. They do have different faceups, wear different styles and "exist" in different time periods....And out of those I still like at least a couple of them best, giving them an edge in my collection (they get the most stuff lol).

Even if they were the only dolls I owned I would consider myself a multiple doll owner with 9 completely individual dolls (maybe not with the two Pukis...one of them was kind of an accident anyway. so 8 individual dolls XD but if you count extra floating heads, I'm back to 9).

So yeah, I'm of the opinion that even the same character would make you a multiple doll owner.

13. I agree with this, it's not a simple "1+1=2" question that the poster has asked. I can see how you could think having only the one sculpt, no matter how many of that sculpt you own, could be like someone only having the one doll, reason being you might only like that one sculpt but you like it enough to have many of them rather than just the one. They would all technically be the same doll but not in the mathematical sense.
      This is one of those questions that makes you stop and think rather than the simple answer of "no it's not the same"

14. No, you would not be a single doll owner in my opinion. No matter how many they are a same sculpt, they are the many they are. I have two like this, in my case same sculpts in a different size and for different characters of a couple of them and for sure they also count in the number of members in my resin crew.

15. You own two dolls. You might own one sculpt, but you have two dolls. That's kind of like saying you have one kid when you've got a set of identical twins. They're two separate entities. Most likely, you're also be giving each doll their own kind of personality, and there are many doll owners who have two sculpts because they want twins, and they're still different.

I guess, if you really thought about it, I could somewhat see where this person's coming from - but I think it's a real stretch to say you're a single doll owner when you have more than one, and each has their own personality. There are just so many factors the OP has brought up to confirm over and over that they aren't a single doll owner.

16. I think even the exact same sculpt of a doll can end up looking very different ^^ It all depends on their face-up, wig, clothes, etc. But furthermore, I think dolls tend to develop their own 'personalities', so I'd say that counts as two dolls.

17. I have a Glot and a Glati and I count them as different dolls, so I'd say you have 2 dolls.

18. This- I honestly don't even understand the question... O.o

19. Lol, Rationalization Math, I call it. Like where you try to work out the SD equivalent in pukis!

20. I do that daily...I figure I have half an SD in puki-sized dolls right now. Unless you're talking price, not space *buried in puki*