1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

If someone broke your doll?

Jul 11, 2009

1. if someone broke my doll i'd probably cry my eyes out then, i'd make them pay for the doll depending on the damage caused to the doll. i'd be very upset though.

2. I COMPLETELY agree with this. I also tell people to look with their eyes and not their hands, and since mine do not leave my room, and they really want to take a look like a kid, they can sit on the bed and make them move and such.... also I am a bit OCD and make anyone who wants to touch them wash their hands beforehand.

3. I feel like if someone was handling my doll or was picking them up without my permission then I would be pissed at them for damaging him. I would probably expect some sort of compensation, or I would flip out at them.

On the other hand, if I had given permission to hold/handle my doll I would be upset if they damaged him, like really upset but not so much angry. If I was at a doll meet I would like to think that other doll parents would offer up some sort of compensation (anything really). But over all I think the only people who would be handling my dolls would be other doll lovers or really close friends.

4. I would be mortified if someone I didn't know touched my doll without asking me.
      I don't even let my friends touch them because I'm afraid they will drop them.

5. I would be mortified if someone broke my baby, if the damage its huge i will ask if he can pay for a new one, if he dont want to pay i proceed to break her legs haha, no kidding, just ask for the money.

6. depends what it was, fingers,thats ok i will order new hands. if it's the body i would be a little mad and very upset, but its ok i can order a replacement body. :) But...if it was the head all hell would break lose. i feel that the head is the precious bit that carries the character, personality and the story. i would cry, i would ignore the person for weeks maybe months. MY BABY:pout:

7. If that someone was me, then I would have to live with my mistake and fix it or replace the broken part.

Someone else though...oh, they would have to pay for damaging it. I don't let anyone touch my dolls without permission, so if they broke on someone else's accord, then it would be because they violated my rules.

8. Wow tricky question... if I broke their doll I would apologize profusely and if they seemed really sad or angry (or demanded I pay), I would offer to pay. If they said, "oh its okay no big deal" I would still feel horrible and continue apologizing but I probably wouldn't offer to pay.

I would never ask for someone to pay, even my parents. However, if they offered, I would accept but warn them that it is expensive before they agree to pay. Also I think I would be very upset but also forgiving. The only exception to this is if they break the doll on purpose, in which case I would be very angry and would not forgive them so easily.

9. Either they pay for a replacement or I'm sending them to court. Whether it's a finger, fingertip, nose, piece of ear. Any resin that falls off, they're going to replace it. But, there's no way in heck I'd let anyone touch my doll. If I were going to a doll meet, I would not set my doll down. It'd be in my arms 24/7.

If I caused the damage? I wouldn't touch anyone's doll, but yeah I'd pay for it. I'd do what I'd like them to do for me.

10. Well. I wouldn't handle anybody's doll if i knew they are expensive and way too much for me to pay....but if accidents happen....i'll pay....likewise if someone broke a part of my dolls...i'll ask them to pay if they have the means.. if they don't, i shouldn't have allowed them to handle the doll n the 1st place.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk

11. I would probably cry. I don't let people touch her. So if it did happen accident happen. People get curious. I could just mod her or fix the broken part and make her new.

12. Depends how it's broken. I'd probably tell them to pay for a replacement part, but if it was severe damage to the doll overall I'd probably tell them they need to buy me a new one.