1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

If someone broke your doll?

Jul 11, 2009

1. If I accidentally broke or damaged someone's doll in any way, I'd totally pay to repair or replace the damaged part. I'd expect anyone else to react the same way if they damaged one of my dolls. It's called taking responsibility for your actions.

Now, if someone were to damage my doll while handling without my permission I'd demand they pay up then proceed to break each of their fingers in such a way that they'd never be able to pick up a doll again, thus sparing other doll owners the heartache this moron could potentially cause them.

2. If someone was handling my doll who didn't ask I would request them to pay for the damages no matter what.

If I let the person hold it and they broke it I would be really mad at them, but it was my fault that I let them hold it. i think Whenever you let someone else hold your doll you should be aware that there is possibility that they don't know how to handle them. When I go to cons and meets I let people look, and touch but never pick up. Although if they offered to pay damages I would be very happy.

If I caused the damage I would feel so horrible that i would offer to pay though.

But honestly i think anyone who breaks something of someone elses would offer to pay. Its just common sense.

3. Gah I had a bit of a shock/horror moment when I was carrying both my DZ Hid and my friend's doll as we were walking to my house. I'm not sure what happened but I think my Hid slipped and sort of pushed my friend's doll and she lept out of my arms onto the concrete. Her headcap and wig went flying and it was such a loud noise. My friend just sort of laughed though as her doll likes to do this apparently. There was no harm, just a small scratch in the MSC and my friend was completely fine about it but I was shaking so hard afterwards. I refuse to carry her doll now just in case :lol:

4. @Screaming Angel

Omygosh I'd be terrified to ever hold another doll besides my own for weeks! It's nice that your friend was so forgiving though. ;)

5. It really depends who it was who dropped it, and how bad the damage is. If it was serious damage, and it wasn't like... My bf or parents, I'd definitely expect the person who dropped it to pay for the repair (if it was a major, very expensive part like a head), or replacement (if it was a hand or foot, for example).

If I was the dropper, I think it would be only fair to do the same as above for the doll owner. Anyone who knows me well enough, knows I'm a very fair person. I wouldn't feel right breaking someone's (pricey!) property and not help to fix it.

6. I don't own a bjd, I still saving for my first one..
      but if someone ever broke my doll,
      i probably would faint. :S

And if I break someone's doll,
      I absolutely would consider myself responsible
      and offer to replace the part.

7. I jostled and accidentally bumped a friend's Volks Kaede from her standing position. We were at my old house (back then it was my new house) for a mini-meet and I had hardwood floor. I was repositioning something for safety and ended up bumping the doll and she fell. Her headcap fell off and it knocked out the magnet.

I felt so bad, my heart stopped beating. The doll was okay, and my friend was really really awesomely cool about it (it was Aiko, in fact!), but I felt like scum. (I still feel badly about it, and in fact, I haven't held a Volks doll since then! I'm afraid of wrecking it.)

If anything, ANYTHING had happened to her doll that could not be fixed with a droplet of glue on a headcap, I would have insisted on paying for it, new hands or face-up, new wig-- anything to make it right.

If it were one of my dolls, and someone broke them, accidentally or by acting stupid around them, I would probably expect them to at least help make it right, but that's because it's what I would do, and I'm one of those people who live by the "Golden Rule". Not that I'd expect them to pay homage to me or a pound of flesh, but if they drop my doll and she breaks, please at least offer to make it right.

But then the question is: if it's at a dollmeet, and it happens, and they promise to pay you back, how can you actually make sure they follow through?

8. I guess it would depend on the situation.

Whoever the culprit was, I'm pretty sure my instincts would want me to bear my fangs, snarl, and attack, buuuutt....one must be compassionate.

If it was a legitimate accident, I would understand and appreciate whoever was at fault to offer to pay for the repair, but probably wouldn't accept the offer unless the damage was severe.

However, if the person was being inconsiderate and openly careless, I would be majorly pissed off. I would definitely require that they pay for the damages.

I hope that no one would :::purposely::: injure a doll, but these days it's hard to be surprised by anything. That's just awful to think about.

9. If someone broke my doll's finger, I could easily fix it. No biggie. Accidents happen.
      Unless I saw someone snap it off. Then it would get ugly. >_>

If it was their nose, they'd probably get a crying child throwing a fit. FOR REALZ. D:

However, if I broke someone else's doll, I wouldn't know what to do.
      I'd freak out, beg for forgiveness, cry, I dunno. Let's hope that never happens!
      That's why I'm so scared to touch other people's dolls at meets and stuff. I'm paranoid that something terrible will happen. XP

10. I'm not the type to get angered over material things, even though I love my doll. I'm pretty crafty so I think I could accept any amount of damage as an artistic challenge. I would like some version of payback though. If it was a snapped finger, an apology; a big crack, a little money to go for repair materials; Total distruction...um...well there had better be a darn good reason for something THAT terrible to happen :P

11. Oh dear god. xD In this case, the best thing to say for me is, "You break it, you buy it. If not, I'll break you."

I get attached to material things quite easily and for me to let something go takes quite a while. If someone dropped my doll, I'd ... flip a table. Well, not quite. I wouldn't hammer the other person into actually paying for the damages, but I'm a pretty fearsome person to begin with. My friends would fear for their lives. D: It's an unwanted reputation. But if it was a stranger, I would force it on them like "Omg he was 600$ you better pay up right now" all LOANSHARK style, but I'd make sure that they KNEW how much it meant to me.

But if I was the drop-ee or what have you call it, I'd pretty much apologize for hours and offer double the amount of compensation for the damage. I understand all too well the love someone has for something that is irreplaceable. I also heard about people having weird doll-breaking accidents long before I went to my first (and only, orz) doll meet and I had the jitters whenever I held ANYONE's doll.

12. It's only natural for me to pay for the damages and maybe more to compensate, should I be the sore loser to break it.
      If it's someone else, of course they will too. Maybe not the "and more" part, but enough to replace damage, without shipping if I like the person (if it's a stranger, then the nicer the better). If it's someone that ticks me off, XD oh boy fun time!
      Though I'm not sure if a stranger broke, say the torso and the head (or some really valuable parts), and they don't have the cash or dignity to pay up, what I would do. I'd want to wring their neck of course. truth though, if they're just that thick-skinned, I don't know what to say or do to them. If they won't put out the cash, it's not like I can threaten them (or know what to threaten with). They may try to walk away from the situation and act innocent. They may act like the victim instead. I don't know how to make them pay.

Of course if it's a drop on the ground with dented parts and few scuffs, the would get the big "OMG HOW COULD YOU" speech, but I wouldn't ask for anything. Unless they offer after seeing my meltdown. However, if they just walk away saying I'm crazy, I'll do everything in my power to squeeze the most out of the situation. It was my property that's damaged, not theirs; I will be, at the least, somewhat compensated for the incident caused by them.

13. Lets just say I have a horrible temper problem and if soem1 hurt my expensive anything.. id flip out =___=

14. I definitely think people insist that the person replace the broken part! But knowing myself, I'd be too shy to ask >.> But considering the price of doll and the price to replace parts, I probly would ask if they didn't offer. But I think the other person should offer! It's common courtesy!

But on the other hand, if I broke someone's doll, I would immediately offer to replace whatever it was! I just really think that people should be courteous enough if they broke something, just in general!

15. O mah lawd

I don't even know where to start with this.

I don't own a doll yet,but I'm ordering this month.
      I know how much work and time goes into just getting ready to even buy a doll.
      Just thinking about the dolls makes me happy,and I worry about them constantly.
      And I HAVEN'T even put the order in yet.
      In my mind,they are already my kids.
      Just thinking about maybe damages and my clutzyness makes me want to cry!!
      Imagine if something happened to it though.
      I'm so picky over my stuff too.
      I'd cry and yell for days! O.o
      Just imagine this little 5ft tall skinny kid yelling (my voice gets really high pitched when I'm upset in any way) at you.
      I'd lose my voice within the hour!! lol
      You bet that I'd be demanding some reprimand asap.
      I don't care who they are. I really don't care who it is. Even it's the president.
      I don't have any income really so it's not like I have the funds to fix someone's mistake.
      Besides,I don't live in a neighborhood with nice people who understand the dollies.
      Or even like me in general.
      So,I'd have to get my funds by force.
      The law will step in if you won't step up that's how I see it.
      I agree that BJD's are similar to a car or any other type of heavy financed object.

On the other side of the mirror though...
      I don't even know what I'd do.
      I really don't.
      I know that I prolly wouldn't have the money to even help repair a dollie.
      In fact,I can't even begin to think of the emotional damage dealt to that person after I like destroyed their precious.
      Saying that,I wouldn't offer the pay for repairs (unless I had the money).
      Instead,I would sit down with the person and try my best to make it up to them in any way possible (short of selling my soul, denying God,ditching my bf,"giving" my body,and giving them my dollies).
      Even if we sorted it out,I still be dealing with the trauma for days.

That's my say on it though.
      Any more and I'd never finish typing this post. XD

16. If Citlali broke in some way or form.. I dunno how I'd react. Lol. When she fell on her face, I didn't seem to react in any crazy manner.. Even though she now has like.. small holes on her nose from falling on the sidewalk. I guess I'm not the type of person to over react.. Or show any sort of overly expressed emotion. Lol.
      But if someone like, dropped her and a finger chipped off.. I probably wouldn't ask them to replace it.. I'm to shy to even ask that. Unless I knew them. But I would probably just joke around and replace/fix it myself. Now, if I inflict damage to someone elses doll.. I'd probably offer to replace what I broke. Even if it might take me a while to replace. I think I'd feel bad if I brought harm to someone elses doll. :<

17. I would most certainly demand the broken parts to be replaced (not repaired), but from my experience no one listen to me ! My mother broke my boy's arm in two places by throwing him into a wall and she said that it was my fault and I need to pay for $100 to get replace parts... But the talented kawaiigrl75 fixed the arm with epoxy for a fraction of the price of replacement parts.

18. if someone broke my doll whether or not I gave them permission, I expect them to pay. accident or no they should at LEAST offer. who knows if their nice I'll see if I can't find something in the market place thats a good deal.

19. It has happened with me. A good friend of mine once broke the lower joints of a female delf body of mine. I repaired it to the best of my ability and became more careful about whom I let play with my dolls. Stuff like that happens, can't make a big deal about it. At least me. Now if it was a stranger than had took the doll and being rough with it ... Another story... ~Gus

20. I'd pretty much tell them to pay for the cost of repairs or replacement. Although I hope I'm never in a situation like that which is why I generally don't allow people to hold them. Most understand that and accept it.

As for me holding other peoples dolls... I'd probably not even ask too, I know how much they mean to people and I'd never be able to afford buying a replacement if something happened.