1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

If someone was selling a doll head for more would you buy it?

May 30, 2016

1. Totally agree for the previous answers! But for me, reasonable price & condition is a must. I never like very yellow BJD with high price. Nope. I have other needs.

2. I wouldn't for anything still available from the company or if the market place is flooded with it. Otherwise, it depends on how much I want it.

3. for me it would depend on if that said doll head is one of the ones that is inpossible to find so for me a switch dojin i would so pay more just to be able to have it because say if you cant find it on any site and all hope is lost it will only be a bit more money just to have it :)

4. Depends.

-How badly do I want it?
      -Is this head never going to be rereleased, or not rereleased anytime soon?
      -How much more is the person charging?
      -What is its condition?
      -Does it have its CoA? (is applicable)

For example, I'd like a certain Switch head. If one popped up on the MP in good condition, with its box and its CoA, I'd be willing to pay a little more for it since I don't know when or if Switch will re-release him. But it would depend on how much more they are charging. If they are charging double Switch's asking price, not happening.

5. For a rare and already discontinued head I would. But of course if it's readily available to order from the company I wouldn't. Unless there would be a substantial wait for them to make it and then deliver it. Also depends how much you want the part.

6. I probably might pay extra because I don't like to wait, but the doll would have to be like new without a faceup.

7. Decide on what head they sell. IFENG Is the one I really want I will buy IT

8. It depends on the sculpt, the used vs company shipping, the condition of the doll, and the company it came from.

9. Yes. A lot of the dolls on my wishlist are older and harder to come by and I expect to pay accordingly. If it was a newer sculpt, for me it'd depend on location. Some companies do have horrific wait times and international shipping is so pricey, so it may be worth it to get the head faster and avoid overseas shipping.

10. Maybe.... Depends. o.o

11. I would not buy it because why spend more when you can spend less?

12. Only for a discontinued/limited head. I recently managed to get one such, a Delf Soony head. I didn't even think twice about dropping major dollars on it, but I've also been wanting one for a good, oh, 7, 8 years? Now she's here and I'm completely smitten.

I can only think of a couple other head sculpts I'd be willing to pay extra for, and they're both hard to find past event heads.

13. If it was a rare doll I really wanted I would dish out the extra money for it but it would have to be reasonable. also the condition of the doll head I would have to take into consideration as well and making sure it wasn't a recast of that original head. =)

14. I wouldn't pay more for a sculpt that is still available from the company. I'd have to factor in the following though:
      • Does the company sell the head seperate or would I have to find a split partner?
      • How much will shipping from the company to me cost?
      • How much will customs charge me?
      • Does the head have a custom face-up or a company face-up?
      • Do I like the custom face-up enough to pay extra?
      To be honest I don't like to pay more than the company price because the head is bound to have yellowed and from creating hybrids I know how difficult matching them up with bodies can be.

For a discontinued or rare head it would all depend on how badly I want it and how badly it has been damaged.

15. If it's the doll I really want, I would buy it.

16. Probably not but it depends on how rare it is. If it's a head that isn't available anymore and I rarely see it being sold second hand, then I would consider spending more.

17. I would if..
      - I really like the faceup and has a character in mind with it
      - faceup having no defects (chipping, scratched, etc)
      - the shipping is covered in the given price
      - the resin is in good condition
      - a limited and difficult-to-find sculpt

otherwise I would not.

18. Maybe I would also buy it if the head was not available from the company solo (if you have to buy a full doll to get the head). This is the case e.g. with Iplehouse.

19. Depends. If I really like the face-up or if, all in all, buying the head second hand would cost me about the same amount as it would cost me to buy the head from the company plus shipping plus customs fees ...

20. As others have pointed out, I think it really depends on some factors. But generally? Yes. A lot of people will charge more secondhand, simply because it can be sent much quicker than if you were to order it through the company.

But I would also take these factors into account:

Is it a limited or discontinued sculpt?

What condition is it in?