1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

If you could ask BJD (and related items) makers...

Dec 8, 2016

1. I would love it if doll companies would make more option hands in different poses.
      Volks does it, Luts used to have them for Delf, you see a few here and there as special items. But really, I want it to be a common thing across the board. Not every hand pose can be solved by having jointed hands, which are also not common enough and expensive.

2. please give me a msd that has a more mature looking sculpt

3. Like quite a few others, I'm hankering for mature boy SD's in the 50-55cm. And grey resin options that actually look like grey instead of dirty/dingy white. Measurements for parts that are important like head circumference when trying to figure out wig size or neck size when trying to figure out if that hybrid you want to do will work. Companies know hybrids are very much a thing so why play I've Got Secret with measurements like that? Good blank shots of a head sculpt (one front, one side view). Honestly, that one should be a dead easy/no-brainer thing to have on a website.

4. I would definately like more clothes for the more odd sized dolls. Also more mature looking MSD boys would be great.

5. -This seems to be the most popular one so far, but I'll jump on the bandwagon because it's easily my biggest hobby frustration: mature MSD boys. Especially ones that could actually pass for an adult while their head is still a normal size compared to the girls. My Minifees want boyfriends, people!
      -Slim MSD shoes that are in scale to the dolls and properly fit their feet. I feel like I'm never not settling on this, hence half of them go barefoot
      -heads offered separately
      -smaller busts
      -hand options, all the hand options!

6. More options for shoes. Ballet flats, strappy sandals, gladiator sandals, etc. Also, a clear indication for sizes on their websites. For clothing/accessories shop, maybe a list of doll bodies which fit their products.

7. More mature MSDs seems to be a really popular demand, and I agree.

And I would just like to see dolls that kind of "break the mold". Many BJDs have a very similar aesthetic despite coming from different companies and while there is nothing wrong about it, I would just like to see a more "aggressive" diversity. It could be just very unique face sculpts, innovative body sculpts, really unusual fantasy sculpts, or just plain weird or even ugly dolls! I love Doll Chauteau for this reason, but there are still sooo many possibilites with BJDs that are still largely undiscovered! :D

8. Please include a size chart showing the exact measurements of your doll clothes. Saying that the clothes are MSD size, for example, is not really helpful because there are many MSD size dolls that have slightly different measurements. I don't have my first doll yet but I'm realizing that it would be difficult to find clothes for a doll that is from a different company. This would be especially annoying when it is not possible to buy a doll and an outfit from the same company. It makes me wish I knew how to sew my own doll clothes.

I agree that more heads should be sold separately because I think it's convenient to be able to paint another head without buying another doll. I agree that there should be more small dolls that are more mature looking. I really like child dolls but, It's also nice to have some older looking ones that are not so large and expensive.

9. I agree that I want more MSD dolls that look mature! I do like some of them with the more soft looking sculpts, but a more mature looking sculpt in a smaller package would definitely be beneficial to someone without too much space for dolls.

10. I would like them to create more better resin materials that is less breakable and not sensitive to light. also more companies to offer and sell separate heads too.

11. Please show dolls without wigs, clothing or faceup. Please show a frontal, a 3/4 and a true profile shot of the face. I don't buy dolls unless I can actually tell what they look like.

More wigs that do not have bangs please, Dark blue wigs, pretty please.

Please list all of the dolls measurements accurately, including their foot width , please.

I need an Egyptian throne that will fit an Iplehouse EID male. Anyone know of anyplace that has one?

I would love to find a historically accurate 1811 Regency England mens suit for my EID male.

12. I'd like to see wigs, especially for males, that have bangs which do not cover one or both eyes!

I'd also ask Soom to make regular lines of clothes and shoes for their 72 and 75cm IDs; I don't really want/need some of the bizarre fantasy stuff that they sell at the time of each big guy's release - I need year 'round boots, jeans, slacks and a variety of dress shirts!!

(For those of you looking for mature, adult MSDs, you might want to check out Iple's FID line the next time it's open for sales...)

13. I'd love to see more pastels in older male BJD clothes and definitely more feminine and/or detailed clothes for bulkier fellows! I personally feel that clothing choices for older male dolls have a very limited selection of clothes; they're all just so dark, sleek, and they look the same to me after looking more.

14. 1) I would like more pants such as jeans, Capri, and tops like T-shrits and sweaters for both males and females. Basically more simple clothes that aren't necessary a theme but can be mixed and matched.

2) I would also like more average male body shapes. I'm having a difficult time finding a male I have in mind because he isn't super skinny, nor is he muscular.

15. More colorful clothing and more boy yo-sd and male msd clothing. I also would like, even if it was for a limited time, for more dark tan bjds and Dollfie Dreams.

16. My thoughts are if your going to make/create a doll make sure you give him or her clothing & shoe choices for us to buy. Better yet give us that can sew flat slope patterns to create clothing for our dolls. If I had sloper patterns I could create some great pieces for my BIG boys,