1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

If you could have a doll in any color resin

Dec 2, 2016

1. I have a serious love for grey dolls (I own 5) and black resin. I also love translucent resin. I have a translucent deep blue doll and another doll with translucent green ears and hands and the effect is gorgeous. I'd love a gradient effect going from translucent to dark grey or even black.

I wish more companies would offer grey resin and that the grey offered was darker than the sort of... dirty white that many seem to do.

2. I'd love to see some richly colored metallics out there. I would love having a dark purple robot guy...<3

3. I will go GOLD, baby yeah ~

4. definitely, what if the resin was marbled too with glitter mixed in, to mimic a spiraled galaxy?

5. Shimmer! Lol wouldn't it be amazing to have a pastel colored doll with pearlex right in the mix? Or even a dark color, because then it would stand out even more. I feel like it would be awesome for a sea creature type doll, with a seafoam green color, and pink to gold shimmer mixed in <3

6. Oh with out a doubt I'd get DIMs Larina in tan! She's sculpted like a black girl and she'd look perfect! As it stands I'll probably be getting her and making her character albino.

7. Definitely turquoise or jet black.

8. I'm really partial to the cool-toned brown skin from a certain Gaia item. This one:
      [​IMG]

I know Withdoll made a LE elf doll in a similar color and it looked great! The head wasn't my taste though I I think there was just the one. In general I'd like to see more adventurous/varied human skin tones.

9. I'm really loving all of these galaxy resin descriptions because that's exactly what I'd want to! Except for maybe the fact my exact dream resin would be more based in purple than blue. Lighter shades of purple, accented with blue, and silver sparkles~ Effects that mimicked specific types of galaxies would be amazing too.

10. I love transparent resin and custom mixed resins with glitter. I am also going to paint a black snake bjd with something to give an iridescent look to the scales.

11. In regards to fantasy colors I'd really like to see a purple resin with more of a grey tone! Or something like Soom's olive green. They'd be fun colors for a faerie or demon character.

Seconding the notion for cooler browns in the realm of human skin tones.

12. Pastel shades - lavender, pale blue/mint or a lemon skin tone. And I concur with some of the previous comments, a transparent skin tone that shimmers would be lovely.

13. Something shiny and covered in glitter 0v0 Anything sparkly or shimmery in the least would just be amazing lol

14. I dunno, but I do want to start collecting colorful dolls or dying dolls to be colorful. It's cool that more companies are offering darker tans as well as fantasy colors as options now. ^_^

15. I'd love to see baby-blue resin as it's my favorite color :lol:

16. I would love a lavender or grey doll with light blushing. I also like the beautiful browns.

17. Wow, transparent resin... I really love that idea! I would totally make a ghost character! :D

18. Sparkly galaxy like <3

19. Some dark blue-grey or dark blue-black done in more translucent, more sanding-friendly resin would be my dream.

20. I thought of exactly this sort of thing as well. The iridescence seen on some insects is so outstanding.
      Spilled oil is perhaps a little less elegant, but I've always thought it was so pretty, too.
      They now make nail polishes like this, and I have some-- they're my favorites :)

I'll second the shimmer, metallic, and black resins that others have mentioned.

This is partially why I have a white transparent resin doll-- It's not the same as having a whole doll as that resin color, but I imagine she's going to look lovely with extremely fine, iridescent glitter; opalescent/pearl powders; metallic acrylic paint; etc :D Whenever I get around to doing it- unfortunately, specialty materials like that are a bit expensive.
      When I get a mermaid, I'm going to hit her with just a touch of pearlescent powder, for some scaly shimmer... very excited.

Opalescent and pearlescent... I think that'll be my contribution to this thread :D So pretty~ I'd especially love a mermaid or something with resin like that.