1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

If you could have a doll in any color resin

Dec 2, 2016

1. Pink with maybe a glitter or pearlescent to it? That would be so pretty! :love

2. I want a rich mahogany brown! :D Preferably a Doll Chateau Sculpt in that color.

Actually, sort of like the exact color of Dollzone's current limited dolls ! I wish this was a much more common color, it's really gorgeous. But brown skintones (when they ARE offered) are usually obscenely expensive. :pout: I suppose the obvious solution is to just dye a white resin doll, but I don't have any confidence in my dying abilities lol

3. @RagingMoon1987 While not as dark a blue as you're looking for, Argonautica does a translucent blue as a standard colour. I have a Little Kio in the translucent blue and it's gorgeous. I think the translucent blue shown on the website is darker, so perhaps she does a darker translucent blue now?
      [​IMG]Naicree, Herald of Wu-Tyr by ID Locke, on Flickr

Some companies will also do custom colours (for a fee) so it's possible you could get a really dark blue but it probably wouldn't be translucent.

4. This, so much. There seems to be a wide variety of tan, but deeper brown hues are either nonexistent or super pricey, and so many companies just have white/yellow/pink options.

I love everyone's suggestions for fantasy colors, too - they all sound gorgeous. :D

5. @Iron_Dog I did know about Argonautica's lovely dolls...but being the freaking genius that I am I forgot about them! That shade of blue is actually pretty close to what I have in mind, so thanks for the reminder!

6. Seconding, thirding, and umpteening the wishes for darker human skintones and more African facial structure.

9. CloakedSchemer, I totally agree with your comments on shades of brown. I would like to see a variety of dolls to represent my multi hued real family!

10. Sorry, I seem to have messed up my reply with several blank “replies “ ( trying to do too many things at once, like getting ready for work) . I really should resist going on here first thing in the morning lol!

11. Absolutely! Even many of the existing tan skin options aren’t very dark. I wear makeup in fair medium tones to match my skin, and some of the “tan” dolls are about the same shade as me. I definitely do not consider myself tan or brown!

For what it’s worth, Luts, Impldoll, IslandDoll, ResinSoul and Iplehouse do better than most companies with a variety of human colors and/or custom colors. I just wish others would consider doing something similar.

12. A very low saturation light tan would be awesome! Almost greyish tan will look nice

13. Dollzone had a release of a super dark skin tone just recently like under a month ago, it was limited though. I think it was the zodiac series taurus

14. I’d also like to see more variety in features, little pointy noses aren’t everyone’s cup of tea lol!

15. Yes, definitely! It doesn’t matter what color my doll is, I am not a fan of pointy tiny noses. Give me wide noses, crooked noses, bump in the bridge of noses, flared nostrils, flat noses, even “ugly” noses just for more variety!

Nothing wrong with the standard normal skin, ski slope nose, tiny mouth, big eyes combo, but dolls who are different catch my eye, whether it’s the color or the sculpt that makes them different. I feel like so many of them follow this ‘standard’ that I have trouble not only telling sculpts apart, but even telling entire companies apart. I know doing something very out of the ordinary can be a big business risk, but I also think more often than not, it’s a well received risk in this hobby. When it comes to colors offered, they wouldn’t even have to mix or cast the color unless the customer paid extra to order it, so why not? Only exception being that they’d need to learn to do it right and practice a little, as some companies are very clearly better at this than others.

16. Pipos recently had an event with unusual colors available, and I'm practically drooling over the "electric blue". I'd like an anthro or fantasy tiny in that color.

17. I definitely would want a dead grey-ish colour, to make like a zombie character!

18. That would be so pretty omgggg

19. A medium to dark brown skinned doll with vitiligo please.

20. That poses an interesting question, making colored resin without marbling is a challenge, would companies be willing to sell marbled dolls to people who want them? Or would they not want to advertise an "imperfect" cast, because that would involve admitting that it isn't perfect every time, and people are proud?