1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

If you could make a diorama/room for your doll, how would it look?

Nov 20, 2021

1. when i make my dolls a diorama its going to be very cottagecore, vintage, witchy, howls moving castle vibes lol. i need to get a second bookshelf and im thinking about giving my dolls a shelf to themselves! the hard part is going to be finding furniture that isnt very modern lol :XD: but i want it to have shelfs of potions, crystals, books, plants everywhere. i want to put as much detail into it as possible!

2. That sounds so cute! It is difficult to find furniture that isn't modern. I think I am gonna make my own. Such a cool idea!

3. i would make a nice cozy livingroom for my Trinity. I'd make a tavern style bar for my Minifees and a regular modern industrial living room for my original crew :)

4. I don’t think I’d make one for my 1/3 doll, but I have considered making a diorama for my 1/6 and 1/12 dolls. Azone started selling these really cute pieces of furniture that you can paint and put together really easily, so I’d probably make them some pink or blue bedrooms with white furniture idk. I like the foresty cottagecore setups people have been talking about.

5. I won't be able to build dioramas for my dolls since they are 70cm and I don't have the money/space. And my Dollmore Dell is basically a toddler.

Or maybe I will do what they did with tv shows and have one very big box that I rewallpaper as photoshoots call for lol

But if I am to be completely self indulgent

Parzival: horse stable/cavalry barracks, a more detailed battlefield than just buying a sky backdrop and a roll-up fake grass carpet

Percival and Persephone: English manor house anteroom

Bertie: A victorian apartment bedroom

Az and Niccolo:
      a 1920s speakeasy

Valteri and Kanoa: a fantasy medieval inn

6. Oh I would love to build at least the main building where the majority of my dolls live/will live temporarily. It would be a fantastic main hub for all of them, kind of like a communal apartment building, or a massive dormitory area. That and each one could have their own room too, which would allow for more creative expression.

7. Not that I have the space for it either, but when I do finally get my first BJD proper he'll eventually have a nice Victorian chair/sofa and many props and such. I'd love to craft him a whole bedroom though, and his vibes are Victorian/Antique but rather sunny and cheerful. Lots of warm browns and nice yellows all around. My plan is to get a room box that I change up for photo shoots as a previous user here mentioned, but that'll be a very long time into the future yet.

8. Just FYI: I'm having an Etsy 3D printer scale up tabletop gaming pieces for my 3.25" tall RealPukis. I love the old, distressed wood look of many of the pieces: chairs, table, doors, etc!
      If you do make your own, I hope you'll post photos of your projects!

9. My dolls' world is a sci-fi one, with Ara and Nova exploring the galaxy in a spaceship, so their ship would be a fun one to do! Especially if I could build it more dollhouse style with the shape and everything. Very big dollhouse, considering they're 1/4 size and my 1/6 size playline dollhouse is pretty freaking huge. Between that and all the furniture that'd be needed, all the command center stuff, pilot equipment, etc, it's a pipe dream, but hey. Maybe someday they can at least have a cabinet or something so they're not sitting in boxes under my bed! :XD:

Though that does leave a room for Tian Ni, unless she joins her cousin and his friend on their adventures. Not to mention the other vague pipe dream idea of shelling Ara's mother. For those two, maybe a bedroom and office respectively. Big bedroom for Tian Ni, where she can gussy up, study, and have her friends over. For Ara's mother... there would have to be a lot of gold. And other shiny things. Royalty, after all. No half-assing stuff.

10. I've actually been trying to gather the materials to start a room diorama recently; I really love miniature displays but I'm struggling a bit with material choice and sources as I've never made one before myself. Not to mention the space a full 1/4 room would take up :sweat

I was planning to make a generic "room box" that I could insert "sheets" of floor or wall designs in, to have a base that I can swap designs and furniture around in, sort of like having multiple rooms but only needing space for one. The only problem is that I wouldn't really be able to do windows with that, unless the base box is made of acrylic or something.

My first goal is to make a simple victorian era (or loosely victorian inspired at least) room because I really love that kind of aesthetic personally, but if I can I'd love to make a personalized permanent room diorama for my main doll Risel.

In her story she's an alchemist-mage, so her room would be more like a vaguely victorian study with a sort of witchy touch to it. Bookshelves, antique wooden desks with tons and tons of shelving and storage shelves full of papers, reagents, plants, and potion bottles! Probably a lot of loose books, stacks of them even, papers strewn around, and some assorted stationary, too. She's a very messy character, so I'd like to reflect that with some tasteful clutter. Of course, an alchemist also needs an alchemy set; I'd probably have to workshop it out of repurposed metal trinkets or something, and maybe buy a mini cauldron?
      I think it would also be fun to make fake potions to place around, or other magical artifacts, like maybe a crystal ball. Overall I think it would have a lot of wood stuff, and purple accents since that's her image colour.

Other rooms I'd love to make are more abstract and not really "rooms" per se, more like photoshoot backdrops; things that look pretty in pictures but not somewhere you could live in really.

11. My two Real Pukis have a Tudor cottage dollhouse in progress, with Victorian wallpaper and as many Halloween themed trinkets as I can fit into the design, as the owner is a country witch.

The main group of 1/6 scale mature tinies currently have a two living room set up on IKEA shelves. There's space for two additional "rooms", but there's currently just jumbled props and accessories in them. They're in a modern fantasy world, with a mix of humans, fairies, elves, and sprites all living together in remodeled sprawling farmhouse. I'd like to have a bedroom space I could rotate between the adults, a playroom/bedroom for the kids and maybe a dining room.

The 1/4 group currently sit in their boxes/doll carrier, but I'd love to create a space for them. They live in a partially rebuilt fantasy post-apocalypse world, in a reclaimed long abandoned church. I'd like them to have a shared living room area, with furnishings made from found or recycled materials.

12. Something based on my favourite ancient Chinese dramas, The Untamed and Word of Honor.

13. @ashefaust You might consider magnets to hold your backgrounds in place.
      The Clea Bella company once had a great product for their 16" dolls: a metal 3-sided background and floor. Interchangeable, magnetic panels depicting a mansion, garden, forest, cabin, etc. were available.
      For photoshoot backgrounds, I use printed fabric (brick, stone, trees) draped over a foam-core board. Fabric can be cut in large panels and wrinkles and smudges wash out.
      Best of luck on your project!

14. Those concepts sound so interesting! I like the idea of a Tudor cottage.

15. I've been wanting to do a lounge for my MSDs. The look would be sort of college dorm style. Some comfy seating, bookshelves, posters on the walls. So far I only have the walls done. I covered the walls with scrapbooking paper in a brick design which is the right scale for dolls. I have some bits and bobs of furniture and accessories, but it's all in storage boxes for the moment. I also have a few items to use in a future room for my YOSDs, which would be a cute bedroom/playroom. with a frog theme. I found a bunch of cute frog themed accessories at craft shops. That projects is in the future, as I currently don't have room for it.

#35 ParlourGoddess, Nov 25, 2021
      Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
    16. It's my absolute dream to have a diorama setup to display my dolls in :D

Most of the dolls I have are character shells from the same story so to have them set up in an elaborate scenic display would be gorgeous! The rest are dolls I've got because I particularly liked them so maybe smaller dioramas, a backdrop and maybe one or two props or furniture pieces.

We're looking into buying a larger house, so I'll actually have space to set up dioramas :) All my dolls are kept in their boxes right now, quite literally no space in my current house to set up more than one or two. I'm really looking forward to building them!!

17. That Clea Bella method sounds really smart, I never would have though of something like that! I'm not sure if I could make full metal panels / boxes but I could probably adapt some kind of magnet system like you said. Thanks for the idea~

18. No problem! Maybe just 1 or 2 pairs of strong magnets (or a magnet/metal piece combo) on both sides of a thin panel would work!

19. I would love nothing more than to set up three big bookcases, or display cases, with glass doors that can show off my big dolls in dioramas/scenes.

One would be a Capcom haven; two of my dolls, my vinyl guys, are my Leon and Dante, so I'd have some amalgamation of Resident Evil and Devil May Cry. Another would be a room at the citadel in Touken Ranbu, as I'm awaiting a Charmdoll Carson to make into my version of Ishikirimaru (my favourite sword) and am starting to think about pairing him with a girl that represents my saniwa from the game. And the final one would be reminiscent of Korean sageuk, as I have an original story set during the Goryeo dynasty and have intentions of eventually shelling the 3 main characters from it. Probably not until it's finished, which is a long way off yet. A bit like the big bookcases. But, maybe, one day. :sweat

20. I'm making a BJD based on Asriel Dreemur right now and he has a pre-existing bedroom in the game he's from, but this post got me thinking... I have these square shelves that I store all my collectables and such on,, how adorable would it be if i turned one into his room?? UGH that sounds SO CUTE but I need to finish sculpting the dang doll first.