1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

If you could see/want a positive BJD breakthrough...

Sep 15, 2006

1. The price thing doesn't really get to me. I mean. Its made me apreciate making my own clothes so and stuff. I do wish however that maybe there was a way to make elf ear add ons. For all doll companies. And I dunno what else. Oh! Wigs, if there were more wigs and if they saw which colors sell best and over stock those colors >.>

2. Hahah.... a do it all BJD I guess. That would change the hobby entirely I think. Kinda like Sumomo in Chobits. :3

3. When you place an order they give you a shipping estimate, mine was perfectly accurate when I ordered my Kohya. The shipping cost is also included on the page when you order. And the shopping cart will tell you exactly how many items are in stock on the website.

4. 1. I've seen a few kid's on this site intrested in the dolls, and I think a less expensive line for the little ones would be nice. Like ones of a vinal that a kid could actually save for . $1000 is a bit much when your only a kid after all, and you get $5 a week for an allowance.
      2. More clothing options! Espically for the boys! Even some time period clothing!
      3. Ahh, the people who think your dumb for taking the doll to wal-mart when they did that when they were 5. Not that thire doll was a neat!
      That's my thoughts!

5. I would *love* to see more optional hand sculpts -- I adore CP's system of having lots of hands available for their boy/girl/mini dolls, but those hands aren't always a good fit/resin match for hands from other companies.

I especially would love to see DollShe make more hand sculpts -- they've put out tons of new heads since Hound, but no new hands! *waiii*

And while I'm wishing, I'd like to be able to sew.

And I want a pony ;P

-- A ;)

6. for the pony i've seen a doll that was half horse half human, they might have pony dolls!!! XD hee hee!

7. Dollie breakthroughs? Hmm...I can only think of one, and it would be for the bigger boy-dolls out there.

Bigger bits. And I'm sure you all know what I mean.

8. I have seen a "Centaur" BJD.....one i'd LOVE to see would be a Mermaid. GOD that would rock!!!! To actually see a MERMAID BJD, with posable tail, BEAUTIFULLY Painted in bright greens, with textured scales and you know how CP sculpts the hands all posed.....if the artist were creative, he could pose the end of the tail, so that it was curled a little bit, on one side, like a REAL mermaid would be if u were holding her.

OMG, now i'm thinking of a way to make a Mermaid tail for my boy!!! LMAO

9. Inspiration!!!

Oh another one would be more types of dolls! /Like/ mermaids, and sirens. Hee evil men enslaving girl dollies!!! >D

10. Well if we are wishing on a star I'd like . . .

Resin that doesnt stain, repels dirt and doesnt yellow. I want my girls to stay nice like they are. A little dirt here and there is okay, but for the most part they stay clean. I've seen older dolls and while I know I'd still love my girl even when she gets older and yellower I still wish it wouldnt happen.

A Dolpha in the midwest. I remember reading somewhere where Volks said that Oliva was doing a tour of the US as part of her story line. How does she go from one coast to the other without stopping somewhere in the middle??

I also like the idea of more optional hands, I get kinda bored with my girls hands always looking the same.

Like Asbet said as well I wish I could automatically sew or maybe win one of those huge lotteries so I dont have to worry about sewing ~.^

11. Personally, I'd love to see all companies offering dolls in bw as a skin tone option. I know if DOD had a bw skin tone option, I'd go order 2 or 3 of their DOTs right away!!

12. I'd like to be albe to buy more nice glass eyes in unusual colours.....

I don't mind the whole expensive thing....
      I'm quite content just have what I have and I don't feel particularly bad not being able to spend thousands on limited dolls....

On the other hand...
      Clothings doesn't have to be expensive
      I made a chinese style outfit the other day and the total material cost wouldn't exceed 20 USD...
      Making outfits aren't difficult either....
      A good way of getting around it would be to get the patterns for barbies/jennies or fashion dolls like that, potocopy it at 175 ~ 200%. Then make a test garment and change it according to the doll's figure....
      I did both of my hand-made outfits in this way

13. The one thing I ever dream of (aside from buying all the dolls I want with no money problems lol) is the ability for resin to come in darker skintones more easily. Maybe one day.

14. I'd like there to be more and more shops that supply BJD stuff ^^ being able to save on shipping would be a dream

15. Another thing that would be great is if at one of the large Doll meets that aren't done by a ball jointed doll company if everyone took comparsion shoots of their dolls and posted it somewhere as a database.

This would be great for a couple reasons all the shoots would have the same lighting. So no wondering is this doll yellower than that one? Or is because they took the picture inside instead of outside.

They use the same background because all at the same place. This means there could be a ruler or lines next to them to tell height and size.

There are problems with this idea. Some people won't want their doll to compared to others. Some people would be ok with the comparsion photos but no if their doll had to be naked (so no back, breast, thight joint comparsions shoots). A lot of people may have the same type of doll. I know if my idea was to happen here we have more Volks dolls than anything else and they would be all female. (Which is odd because dolls I see here are male. Las Vegeans love their girl dolls. )

16. I'm going to buck the trend and say I'd like to see a cheaper line of dolls. It's not so much the current price bothers me. I'm older, work a good job, have no children and few bills. If I a limited popped up tomorrow that I really liked, I could probably buy it with little difficulty. I'd like to see something like Barbie's marketng model, with the cheapie "Pink Box" version that you see everywhere even in convenience stores for under $10, and the high end "Silkstone" (and like) Barbies for the collectors. Would I probably be buying the "Pink Box" version of the dolls? No, but it'd make getting clothes, accessories and in scale props a heck of a lot easier.

I mean, who wouldn't want to be able to walk into the BJD isle at Toys R' Us and pick up El's Dream Car or Lishe's Vespa? Or some chairs for Oliva's Dream House? Or maybe that new Spanish Princess El Cheapo doll has the perfect accessories for your special re-enactment costume you've been making. And being able to buy off the rack wigs, eyes, and shoes would be nice too.

I understand the price and exclusivity can make for a feeling of well deserved accomplishment and that could be lost if the above were true. (And yeah, I doubt it ever will be.) But I think it basically boils down to that it's the hunt for the thing that's half the fun, and I think that fun would still be there just in a different form.

A BJD version of Build-a-Bear would be pretty neat too. Oh wait, don't they call that FCS? LOL OK, at least something as common as Build a Bear for BJDs. Those things are everywhere.

17. Maybe more companys could offer and FCS? I think someone mentioned a mopre accessable FCS, that would be nice, like on a website.

18. I'm happy with the way BJD purchasing works now. =] We're willing to pay up to a thousand dollars or more just to have our kiddies come to us from different parts of the world, and it's not like they're a simple object or something. For example, if you had a pen or a lamp or something and didn't want it anymore, you could easily pass it off to someone else. However, since our kids have a strong sentimental value, it's always like pulling teeth to try to detach ourselves from them.

Yet I do not like the reactions from non-BJD people. Okay, so we buy expensive dolls crafted from expensive things and give them expensive things..So what? I don't care if "I could've bought 15 pairs of shoes" or if "I could've bought another gaming console", that's their opinion, but it REALLY offends when they say "I can't believe you wasted $____ on a doll". Believe it or not, it's like telling a stranger "I can't believe you bought a car just to have accidents."
      Why can't they just leave us be? =\

19. I would like a rocket ship and a pony. XD

Personally, I'd like to see clothing/shoes be a tad more reasonable in price with a larger selection.

20. Optional parts (more hands, feet, arms, legs, torsos) you can order online would be heavenly. :)