1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

If you could see/want a positive BJD breakthrough...

Sep 15, 2006

1. A Wikipedia style wiki, that is comprehensive and fairly complete. Of course, this would take a lot of work, but the great thing about wikis is that they're collaborations.

You know how comic books, baseball cards and diamonds have quality grading systems? I would love to see that for BJDs. Worth can be very subjective, but the condition of the doll or item can be fairly judged. That would be pretty great to see implemented.

2. Simple coloured shirts!

Normal unpuffed turtle necks in simple colours too.

I love the clothes but I can never find anything in simple colours. ( Like a plane black T-shirt) it would be nice to see more simple things next to the extravagant things.

3. Ditto to all of the above. :)

I'd love a 60cm version of Bonbon. I have a character that looks just like that. :D

~Anrui

4. I think the price is okay. If they were cheap then there would be more people who just want to get in the hobby for the sake of the fad/trend. >_>

My wish is for there to be more BJD stores that I can physically go and buy from. Buying online can get tiresome and the shipping fees do add up. >_<;; (partially the reason why I want to move to CA)

5. All I really want are more options for tan skin, more hand sculpts available from various companies & more high-heeled feet parts without molded on shoes (and a very simple hook system for attaching the optional parts.)

Also, has has been said, the option for regular registered airmail rather than EMS when buying small objects.

And most importantly, a sense of community among all BJD owners whether you're buying limited edition Volks or Bobobie tinies. There are charming dolls in all price ranges so no one should be looked down upon for what they choose or can afford to buy.

Everything else is pretty much covered. There are more sculpts available of every type than any one person can acquire. There are at least 5 brick & morter shops in the US that carry BJDs & a couple more online ones. Jointing systems are getting more & more complex, there's even a couple of fully jointed hands available now. If you can't find reasonably priced clothes & shoes, you aren't looking hard enough; they're all over Ebay & the various boards. Wigs come in every color of the rainbow & in almost any style imaginable & most are carried by US distributors & the rest have seem to have regular group orders going. And furniture & props? Ebay is drowning in it. In the last week alone I've bought 4 elegant upholstered chairs & the most I paid was $19 for one. There are dressers & cabinets & other such things out there, not quite as readily available, but if you look, you'll eventually find them.

6. Personally,I would love it if more people commented on my dolls,or any other dolls with the default face-ups,people who have all Volks dolls stop looking down upon other companies,and so on and so forth.

7. wow i can't believe that i just read all 9 pages of this thread, O_O. but it was worth it! now to make my post legitamate:

what would i like to change? i would really love some bigger events to happen on the east cost that could bring all the BJD lovers here together. i am thankful that we at least got otakon, but it would be nice if there were more large events like that.

i have no problems with pricing. i do think that sometimes pricing gets crazy with added shipping costs. for instance, most jeans on iplehouse are around 30$, they were last time i looked, but with added shipping it is around 50$, which goes with what other people were saying about have shipping choices.

what i do know is that this thread is very helpful to people like me. i am starting my own BJD buisness, in my signature, and nothing is finished, but it is great reading all of these ideas people have for the furture of BJDs.

i actually took notes, anyways, as i work on my own BJD creations i will try and keep what many of you have said in mind, also realize the companies do come here often and look for ways to improve!

~hoshi

8. wow i can't believe that i just read all 9 pages of this thread, O_O. but it was worth it! now to make my post legitimate:

what would i like to change? i would really love some bigger events to happen on the east cost that could bring all the BJD lovers here together. i am thankful that we at least got otakon, but it would be nice if there were more large events like that.

i have no problems with pricing. i do think that sometimes pricing gets crazy with added shipping costs. for instance, most jeans on iplehouse are around 30$, they were last time i looked, but with added shipping it is around 50$, which goes with what other people were saying about have shipping choices.

what i do know is that this thread is very helpful to people like me. i am starting my own BJD buisness, in my signature, and nothing is finished, but it is great reading all of these ideas people have for the furture of BJDs.

i actually took notes, anyways, as i work on my own BJD creations i will try and keep what many of you have said in mind, also realize the companies do come here often and look for ways to improve!

~hoshi

9. sometimes i wish they werent anatomically correct so people wouldnt automatically consider collecting these dolls as an indecent hobby

10. oh.. and maybe they should have some made of like.. abs plastic so their cheaper. im not gonna ask that current resin dolls be cheaper.
      but.. if they were made of different material.. maybe it would be more afordable

11. A Volks store on the East Coast. There used to be Doll&Hobby in Florida, but they haven't sold Volks stuff for years. I'd love one anywhere on the east coast... Two, for that matter! One in FL and one in NY.

And I'd love more companies to offer kits like the MSD and Unoa kits. I love putting things together...

Aaaaand... a form of MSC or ZK Powder Spray that isn't sensitive to humidity. Or one that's nontoxic. I live in a very humid area, so the days where I can do faceups are few and far between...

I'd also like to see companies sell clothing patterns, like the Gothic Lolita Bible does in the lolita community.

12. I'd love it if more companies or individual designer-makers were offering more sculpts with interchangable faceplates for difffering expressions... I love this idea and hope to play with it in my own sculpting experiments.

13. I'd love more variety in clothes, especially at decent prices. It's really irritatingly hard to find nice clothes in the styles that would suit my girl.
      Company specific, would be swell if Luts would get a better girl body and I'd LOVE to know why girl kid delf legs have that wonderful extra mobility but they haven't bothered with kid delf boys. : \

14. Seams being sanded for free from all companies, rather than only from a choice few in China (except for dark tans and colored resins where any sort of scratch can discolor it, of course.)

Speaking of which, more companies should offer tans and other skin tones, rather than the generic white and pale flesh tone skins.

More BJD companies existing outside of Asia.

More mature bodied minis.

More clothes made for slim dolls, male and female.

15. Uwaaa, agreed. ;o; I have a character I'd love to have in doll-form, but...all the boy bodies are so skinny. >:U It's a bit discouraging.

16. Agreed! It would be a great idea and a great place to put any and all related doll stuff. I"d love to see something like that done mainly since then it might be easier to search for the right company, etc.

Definitely a great idea and I think as soon as I have time, I may just look into how one could be started.

EDIT: I found a wiki ^^. It is http://bjd.wikia.com/wiki/Ball-Jointed_Doll_Wiki and http://abjd.wikia.com/wiki/Asian_Ball_Jointed_Doll_Wiki