1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

If Your Dolls Came To Life

Oct 25, 2014

1. i always think about that. especially if someone wanted to cosplay my character. i would just be overly in love with an anime of my dolls

2. If my dolls came to life, I'd have a lot more friends.

...what?

Seriously, I'm actually not sure how I'd feel. I'd probably love it if Joren and Silfe came to life, since they're my buddies. But if all 9 of them did? That would be crowded!

3. Hmmm... I don't want them to come to life. More little creatures to worry about... I worry enough about my two cats. xD

I don't have any dolls right now (aside from ones I hope to sell) but once I get my new dolls... If they did come to life, I think they would just be living versions of the dolls they already where. I would treat them like little children and do my best to take care of them. They could change their style if they wanted too as well. So I would hope we could just become a close little family as lame as that might sound. I would just want them to be happy, everyone deserves to be treated well and be happy. : )

4. When I was younger I so wished my dolls would come to life. It would have been really cool to get their opinions in how they would like to be dressed. Now if my dolls came to life it would be sad my chihuahuas would eat them. lol

5. Dorian would certainly like to be more pampered than he already is. It would be amusing though!

6. oh yeah.... i would let em wear pastel colored clothes and will bring em to work ... let em do computations for me hehe

7. I like to believe the first thing my girl doll would do is hug me, and tell me she's so glad to be with me again. It's a long story but she was actually stolen from me, and I eventually found her on eBay a month later. :( So she's been through a journey, so it would be nice to see how truly happy she is if she could talk and stuff. But besides that we could binge watch movies together or go on scenic walks together, like I'd do with an actual...real life...friend? Haha. :lol:

8. With the five I've got things would be a little crazy.

*Johnny would be the least of my concerns. He has an anxiety disorder and is this shy, quiet, and reserved. He prefers reading to talking, though he will open up if you've managed to earn his trust. Johnny is fairly level-headed and slow to anger...but God help you if you do make him mad.
      *Alistair, on the other hand, would talk my ear off. He'd raid the fridge and the pantry looking for junk food, he'd play pranks on everyone, and he'd tell all sorts of goofy stories. On full moon and new moon nights he'll go out and howl at the sky if he doesn't take his medicine (he's a werewolf). Alistair is only quiet when he's reflecting on his family (all of whom are dead). Usually after a quiet spell he'll have to sneak off and cry somewhere. Otherwise he's a fun one to be around, if a bit noisy.
      *Chloe is a leprechaun and she has no off switch. She's Alistair's partner in crime when it comes to pranks, and she seems to have boundless energy. She probably would say a total of five sentences and then want to be turned out into the yard. Or she'd see my hoard of Barbie dolls and want to play.
      *Johanna is an elf with a split personality. She's quiet and reserved by day, but bold, adventurous, and a little sarcastic by night. Odds are that she'd rifle through my closet and ask if I have any lolita dresses she can borrow (I don't). Then she'd find a field somewhere and set traps for rabbits so we could all "eat like kings," as she puts it. She may also obsess over Johnny a bit; the two like each other, but haven't told one another yet. Johanna is also responsible for mixing Alistair's medicine, so as long as she's around he won't be howling at the moon much.
      *Guinevere is a half-elf and Johanna's half-sister. She's a little more childish than her half-sibling, but she's also more outgoing since she doesn't have a split personality to stumble over. Like Johanna, Guinevere would likely give my closet a once-over, and then she'd turn on the radio and dance.

So in short, I have a human who barely talks, a werewolf and a leprechaun who cause a lot of mischief, a full elf with a personality disorder who loves clothes and hunting, and a half-elf who loves clothes and dancing. Sounds interesting to me.

9. Mayhem. There's no other word to describe it ;D One of my dolls is extremely childish, always ready to trick and tease everyone, leaving others to clean up after him. The rest are calmer so they would be fine, but then again. My only SD is based on Shogo Makishima from Psycho-pass who's just slightly unhinged. With him coming to life, I might wake up one morning with police on my door asking about a maniacal doll making chaos in the city xD

10. If my dolls come to life I think I would ask them to do the dressing/ undressing themselves and return all the props back to where they belong after the shooting ^_^ Those are always the most tiring part.

11. Actually recently a frd was showing me a video of dolls moving by itself (suppose to creep ppl out)

I think I skipped it and was scared coz it was those Mattel dolls
      I think coz it's not my dolls and that it is to a bjd (scary movies like to use those Mattel type big baby dolls as a prop I guess...)

12. I would be pretty scared...I wouldn't be 100% sure if the doll came to life on its own, or became possessed with a spirit.

13. Well I have only gotten one doll so far (and he has yet to arrive) but if my dolls would come to life as if in the Nutcracker cartoon I would be delighted. I'm sure Colin would give me a lot of inspiration for drawings.

I'm not so sure I would be as happy if coming to life implied a change in stature xD

14. Well...I guess Ilya would immediately want to go play soccer. Hopefully he'd drag Aelic along and I wouldn't have to join. Or he'd wsnt to go swimming, which I would join because competitive swimming is much easier than soccer. :lol: Aelic would just want to sit around and read books, so that would be a pretty chill experience.

I'd hope Ilya's looks would, eh...mellow out a little when he turned human, because gaving a life-sized DZ Carter slinking around my house would probably be rather unnerving. He's cuter at 45cm.

15. I feel like at least two of mine would complain and want to go live back at their dad's place..... Azreal would just want to sleep, he isn't great at posing and standing he is very listless. If not sleep he would order the others around because He is a prince and probably couldn't feed himself. I think my Celine would try to pick up a lot of boys because shes very manipulative.

16. I think I'd be scared, but then excited! I'd have two new friends who I could talk and hang out with. I don't think they'd give me much trouble, but I do wonder where they'd live...

17. If any of my dolls came to life I would be so happy! :love
      I would hope she would give me some inspirational talk.
      Help get back motivated and all. Haha. Maybe make me feel bad for such neglect.
      But after that I'm sure we'd have fun.
      Playing dress up, taking some pictures. The usual. XD

18. - u - tell your two that they are stuck with you and not allowed at dads place! your place is just fine!

If my big boy came to life he would just like.....run into everything. poor kid is blind. the little one is a ghost so he would haunt my house. The baby...I feel like she would just crawl off her shelf and plummet to thr the ground Dx

19. What comes to mind is a scene from the movie toy soldiers, which could be super cool or very bad!!

20. Oh my goodness; this is fun! :lol: If my doll came to life I wouldn't probably freak out because I have active imagination but I might think to myself I'm probably seeing things or I need to sleep or 'Am I on drugs?' Lol :lol:

But my doll would probably just go and explore the outside world - after he had learned everything he needs to know (from using money to using technology) from me. :sweat
      The concept of our dolls coming to life is pretty cool though. I either imagine a very small human (according to their actual size) to an irl one (depending on the character and age you gave them.) :)