1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

If Your Dolls Came To Life

Oct 25, 2014

1. If my dolls came to life, they'd probably complain about their living conditions and demand I take them out of their boxes more often. I can also imagine some of them having issues with each other, and wanting to be stored with their friends.

"His resin smells! You always put me next to his stinky ass! And these pants are staining my hips. I want better clothes!"

2. This is like a dream come true! I think that they would spend their day trying to open portals to other dimensions lol

3. Sometimes my sister and I joke about my dolls coming alive and walking down the stairs while we are sitting in the living room watching TV. Haha, I think they would complain of not having to many clothing options or dust in their eyes (they wear silicone eyes).

4. Hmmm... Saskia would steal all of my clothes and, in all probability, most of my books. She would then vanish with them to go lurk somewhere.

Hyacinth would stick to me like glue and demand I show and tell her everything about everything. Heaven forbid she discover that department stores sell cute clothes in her style. At least she'd be game to help me with my class work.

5. Lol, I have one like this to. He is a Glam Rocker, and he is far superior to all the other dolls and humans, Just ask him.....

6. In all honesty, I feel like they are already alive most of the time. Their voices pop into my head throughout the day. I think the biggest difference if they were to really come to life, is there would a lot more fights when I wasn't home. I have some real divas in my crew..
      I'd have to invest in some pet kennels to keep them from hurting each other when unsupervised. :mwahaha:mwahaha

7. Assuming they came to life with the ability to speak modern English, we'd actually get along really well! Otakar would just sit in a corner, being mildly amazed at indoor heating and soft mattresses, while also reading through pretty much every book in my possession. (Special shout out to my medical history books, which he would probably refuse to return.) Valli would be excited to meet my puppy and then probably ask to go to the nearby bird sanctuary so she can meet a pelican. Winter would either get into a fight with the dog or sleep with her or both, and then get into a hissing match with a goose.

If their only speak their in-character languages, though... Welp, I have six months of Latin and a copy of Wheelock, so between Otakar and me, we could figure something out.

8. I'd be quite shocked, maybe a bit scared at first. (I've seen and heard about possessed dolls too much.) But, given that his character/personality is actually quite quiet and generally kind I'd get along with him really well. And if magic was something that came along with them coming to life we'd get into some really cool shenanigans with that.

9. I'd imagine something akin to Nameless going on, where they'd also become human and I'd suddenly have this harem of quirky attractive dudes to worry about.
      They'd all probably go to hottopic and pick up some clothes, and Wolfram would also go to pick up some formal business wear xD Maybe they'd all get jobs at my place of work, and cause mayhem there or something. Maes would be choosing his next victims, Aiden would be like a second boss, Corbin would be striking up conversation, and trying really hard at his job (and failing) in hopes of impressing everyone and finally getting a girlfriend, and I think Wolfram and Luciel would be keeping to themselves, unless the others got out of hand xD

I would probably end up quite stressed, traumatized, and maybe minus one job after that xD

10. ^ OMG I thought of Nameless too LOL. I totally love that game! :D

Though if ALL of my dolls come alive they could probably be starred in a game called Homeless because I'd have no space at home for all of them lmao! It'd be awesome if the bigger boys (60cm+) were alive though! Imagine a whole bunch of handsome guys in your life and maybe one might even call you "Master" like Yeonho in Nameless did LOL! :D *brings out the whip* (JK)

I'd totally love to know what they say to me though I can already imagine how they would behave around me. :lol: Let me see:
      • J will just laze around all day (like my cat) listening to music and generally being in his own world.
      • L will ensure that my house will forever be lacking in sweets and money trying to feed his sugar addiction.
      • Masaru will hog the piano the whole day playing and composing music and then forgetting everything.
      • Manabu will probably be the most "normal" one (like going out to work and all), although he's also the most likely to blow up my house with his scientific experiments.
      • J.D. will most likely be a silent presence, always staying close, never straying far.
      • Hwan Xi will probably be the maknae who always liven up the atmosphere.
      • Yushu will just take charge and boss everyone around LOL

.....I just realized I'm lacking a boy who will call me "Master". :chibi

(Is that a sign to get a new doll??)

#250 Galileo, May 18, 2017
      Last edited: May 18, 2017
    11. I love seeing how people interpret this two different ways- some as if the dolls became real, full-size people, and others who see it as if the dolls were still dolls, just able to move and talk on their own.

If my dolls became full-size people, I would sadly have to kick them out or else have them all enslave themselves to the workforce to afford a mansion big enough to house everyone xD

If they stayed doll size and started moving and talking, well, I'd immediately have to separate some of them... really, I'd just have to lock Ellis in a cage, everyone else should be somewhat manageable.

In either case, I really don't want to know what would become of the floating heads...

12. I am currently saving and waiting for the next preorder for my first doll, a Woodolls Suzie (sorry FL Minifee Mirwen, you're gonna have to wait) but I like to imagine what it would be like to have her around. I actually don't mind the wait because I spend the whole time fantasizing about my soon-to-be girl, and everything that I can have planned. I like to imagine that, if she were to come to life, she'd be like a cat - small and adorable, hanging out in my room and occasionally moving things around, haha. It's fun to imagine she'd be very chill and mostly sit around, lie down, or snooze and generally be adorable, or look around and make cute comments. It would be really cute if she rode around on my shoulder or hopped in my bag whenever I went somewhere. She could also use flash cards and the writing utensils on my desk to write or draw.
      I'd love to have a doll someday modeled after one of the tiny 'computer' dolls from the manga Chobits, like the character Plum. If that one came to life, it'd be even cuter, because she'd be a tiny little helper that chirped and beeped and walked around being as helpful (and talkative) as possible. A particularly cute image that comes to mind is a tiny doll wanting to paint my nails, carrying a bottle of nail polish half her size!
      It would also be really fun to online window shop with my dolls - they could sit on my desk and help pick out their next accessories or clothes.
      Sorry if these don't count since I don't actually have these dolls, but it was such an adorable prompt I couldn't resist. :whee:

13. I think my SDs would make nice roommates. Jade always has a very calm, relaxed poise about her on my shelf, so even though she would likely work as a model or professional cosplayer (since that her role for me: sewing model) I think she would be very chill and down-to-earth. Virga is an air spirit, but she usually stays corporeal enjoying quiet pass-times like reading; she's not really the type to cause mayhem or destruction.

My tinies, on the other hand--a little shape-shifting folk spirit and a teensy fairy--are good-natured but would probably get into trouble with their curiosity, like unattended puppies knocking lamps off of tables and ending up stuck in a trash can.

14. I don't know what they'd say, but I think I'd tell them to get a job and start paying me rent! :mwahaha

15. To be honest, I'd go find a weapon. Inanimate objects shouldn't come to life, and I'm afraid of "moving" dolls (e.g. puppets).

16. Linden would probably end up chasing all around the house with the cat. She just loves to play chase, after all, and he's small enough and quadrupedal enough to be interesting.

17. It depends, if they stayed the same size I'd take them around everywhere I went and never let go of them!
      If they became human sized, well, some naughty things would happen...

18. That would be exciting! Sometimes I even dream about it. Wouldn't it be great if they were real people? We would become great friends))

19. I dunno if I'd be happy if Annix came to life. He looks so sad, but he's big enough that he could cause real mischief if he were a wicked sort. I wouldn't want a living doll near my living (and very precious) pets.

20. They'd go hunting for the Silmarils.