1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iffy auction?

May 5, 2007

1. This thread has been extremely useful, thank you to everyone who commented, emailed them and posted their pics.

I know have confidence in the company and are preparing to order some dolls myself.

2. They are beautiful. I love the face ups.

3. The body for the 1/4 girl looks a lot nice in owner pics than on the site.

But, i dunno if it's just the pics, her head looks a bit...big. :O

4. 1/4 Nana has a default faceup. I think her head is in proportion with her body. I know the last pix makes her look like she has a huge head, but that is just the angle of the camera.

5. Yeah. The last pic makes her head look massive, but the rest look pretty normal to me.

I kinda like big-headed dolls, though. It's cute. ^.^

6. venture-1, if you don't mind me asking, what do you think of the quality of your 1/4 doll? And does she pose well?
      Thanks! :)

7. The only other 1/4 doll I have is an early dollzone doll, and she feels slightly heavier than this one. I do like the shape of this one better thought, I think the limbs are more slender and graceful. The resin is very smooth, I don't see any bubbles. Nana poses very well, and she can stand on her own. Although you probably wouldn't want to do that for a long period of time without a doll stand. I did that with the 1/3 Ming while I was taking pix of Nana, and he toppled over from the dining table, hit the dining chair face down and landed on the floor. Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, the doll was okay, but his nose put a small dent in my wooden chair.
      Overall, you can't go wrong with this price.

8. This thread is very helpfull. I've been considering ordering a Gu for one of my characters. I like the sculpt better than the one I had orginally planned to get for him.

9. Thank you, venture-1, that's helpful. :) Even my 1/4 DZ boy falls over sometimes if I leave him standing on his own for too long, so that's not such a big deal. Glad your doll is okay though! Too bad for the chair. *_*

10. Venture do you have any pics of your 1/3 boy with some different coloured wigs? I'm liking him in some pictures and not liking him in others. I like both him and the 1/4 Ming but I don't like some of the angles.

I've emailed the English speaking guy to encourage him to make sure all these dolls have different faceups and different wig photos on the website they will be launching. I think it's really important as I'm having so much trouble making up my mind!!!

11. fiathriel, depending on the color and style of the wig and the angle of the camera, a doll can have many different looks. I think that's the fun of owning a ABJD. You can pose him, dress him and even change his faceup to give him a totally different look. Anyway, I've taken pix of Ming in different wigs just for you.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

12. Thats a little scary...:?

13. "??, ??? China"...appears when the chinese characters can't be shown by ebay/browser.