1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iffy auction?

May 5, 2007

1. I am REALLY hoping that this is a legit new company Dollyface cos i'm a hankering after a couple of these dolls
      :)
      I don't think we are all assuming it's a scam or a rip-off but you know, we have the right to ask questions. As my Mum always said "If it looks too good to be true then it probably is"
      Can we really get quality legit BJD's for such a low price?
      Hmmmm - i really wanna know
      :eusa_pray :drool

2. one thing... has anyone noticed ALL the measurements are the same as a 1/4 DZ girl???

3. If a person has feedback, it gives them more credability. It shows that they are making an effort towards becoming a part of the community by building trust in themselves that they are capable of conducting a legitamate transaction. I think it\'s chutspa, that some newbey suddenly comes along and tries to sell something without making that effort.
      And if they have feedback elsewhere, then they should have posted that they do with a link so people can see it.

4. Yes...I know because i've been thinking about getting a DZ doll. There's just too many similarities

5. so it's not just me who is a bit skeptical about this company...

6. nope, i am too but i'm just sort of hoping......

7. This company, AOD, reminds me of stealing DZ's website coding before it changed to now what you can see.
      What I had actually seen was that their stolen web containing DZ's words and pictures on it. :barf
      I'd never recommend anyone to buy AOD dolls.

Some major china bjd forums have banned this company, e.g. DZ's forum.

About this auction....all the doll pictures on the category side are stolen.

Hope someone know more about china bjd companies could tell more about what AOD had done. I'm not familiar with china bjd^^".

8. Yep, looks as though they have copied the outfit from Latidoll, no disputing that fact but i am also quite intrigued as to what they are going to list next on eBay.....seems they are adding new items one at a time. What else have they copied?
      I don't get the time to visit all the BJD websites, it's a bank holiday and i am indulging myself with a day on the computer so thanks for pointing me in the direction of Latidoll ^_^

9. edit: no comment on this, i only seemed to have offended.

10. Sure^^
      I don't know any other mainland china forums, but I think these two are large and major enough to cite:
      http://www.dollsky.com/bbs/Boards.asp
      http://www.dzdollbbs.com/Index.aspx

Forgot to say that that one above is DZ official forum.

something to add, maybe it out of topic: the ddung dolls selling in this auction store are pirate too....:barf
      so don't buy anything from this seller.

11. this is the Chinese Dollzone website that looks almost the same as the AOD site....
      http://dzdoll.com/
      Hope the link works!

12. on the AOD site you can see pics of the dolls partially dressed. They are *nothing* like DZ dolls in body or joint style. I have several DZ dolls and I just don't see any similarity to them or any other brand I'm familiar with.

I do agree the pics on their side banner are other brands, but they aren't selling those or claiming they are their own - at least not that I've seen. The dolls I've seen for sale by them on ebay and on their site look all look like new original dolls to me.

As to the site looking similar? Well, most likely they are using the same template from a hosting or website design company. There are *lots* of Korean sites that appear to all use a similar template, so what's wrong with that?

As for a company trying to get feedback before selling? To me it's so transparent when someone buys a bunch of piddly little stuff for the sole purpose of getting a few fbs, sp to me that is completely meaningless. I don't believe that anyone who sells on ebay has to have been a major buyer first.

13. As for a company trying to get feedback before selling? To me it's so transparent when someone buys a bunch of piddly little stuff for the sole purpose of getting a few fbs, sp to me that is completely meaningless. I don't believe that anyone who sells on ebay has to have been a major buyer first.[/QUOTE]

Yeah this is my point exactly :) I've traded on ebay for 7 years and its a re-occuring pattern for scammers to buy 99cents items to get feedback, people really need to be aware of that if they think that makes a user "trustworthy" in any way :)

14. edit: i'm keeping my big mouth shut on this topic now

15. It would be awesome to be proved wrong. 'Cause that moody boy is GORGEOUS! I love his face o___O; <3333 So handsome!

16. Yeah this is my point exactly :) I've traded on ebay for 7 years and its a re-occuring pattern for scammers to buy 99cents items to get feedback, people really need to be aware of that if they think that makes a user "trustworthy" in any way :)[/QUOTE]

I get what you mean, but ANY activity shown on their feedback is good activity. So far they show nothing. They show no credibility and so far it seems to be going further down the toilet the more people notice similarities and 'stolen' aspects from other doll companies.

I've been buying and selling on Ebay for a really long time [an embaressingly long time]. Mainly to buy. But I've experienced my fair share of scammers that have token feedback. Sometimes buyers/sellers start out well and turn into bad eggs. Thats a fact. I've delt with plenty of power sellers on Ebay that have stitched up me and other people out of our money. Thats the risk you take buying from a company like Ebay. But I've never been so seriously burnt I would never buy or sell again online *touch wood*

I'm just dubious about there being nothing there and the pictures being a bit shady XD

Someone PLEASE prove me wrong! I'm now in love with this 1/4 outfit!!!
      http://cgi.ebay.com/Super-Dollfie-S...ryZ84635QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

17. I never said a person/company should buy \"piddly little suff\" to boost their feedback quantity!
      Yeah, if someone is buying only $1 items, that\'s piddly, but if you own BJDs the stuff you buy is rarely piddly, don\'t you think? And most people want quality items for their dolls and are willing to pay for them.
      I think that feeback means something and shows the habits of the person, such as normally if a person pays on time, they will ship on time too. Or if their communication is great when they buy something, it\'s normally also great when they sell.