1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iffy auction?

May 5, 2007

1. if you pay by Paypal you are covered by their standard policy, Ebays standard too.

2. They do. It applies to anywhere but it's also done at the discretion of Paypal. My Dad had to wait four months until he got money back from a purchase he never recieved! And that was from a US seller. So how quickly you get your cash back from Paypal is up to them and their investigations XD

3. I guess I don't see why a new company that plans to sell has to be proven as a buyer first? I mean if I were going to open a store in a mall, do I have to have shopped there myself to show that I am a good merchant? Really, I don';t see how it's related. At least in mmy experience. By biggest problems on ebay have been buying from power sellers who don't give a hoot after several thousand fbs. I've never had a problem with new sellers. Not saying that all are good =- I'm sure there are scammers that come and disappear.

As for the outfits, it doesn't even look like they are modeled on their own dolls, so maybe that's the confusion? I don';t buy outfits, so I'm not familiar with what DZ or other companies sell.
      I still don't think the *dolls* are DZ or even similar.

4. It's pretty hard, comparatively, to get scammed buying something in person. Buying on the internet, you have to give a company your money and then rely on them to ship the item to you and for the item to be what it was represented to be when you paid for it.

Buying dolls is an inherently risky transaction, frankly. It involves large sums of money, frequently going to sellers in countries the buyer doesn't live in. The fact that it's an international transaction makes the opportunity for legal recourse very limited. And it often takes more than a month for a doll to ship, which means that by the time you get it and see it's not as described (or by the time you realize it's never going to be shipped) you can't file a paypal dispute if you paid that way.

Plus, due in part I imagine to these factors, there are rather a lot of people/companies out there using fake doll sales to rip people off or selling bootleg/low quality dolls. It can be hard to tell if this is what's happening until you actually give them your money. So a lot of buyers depend on good feedback from other buyers to give them at least SOME indication that the company is legit.

If you're confident of this company's legitimacy, by all means try buying something from them! I'm sure lots of people on DOA would be very interested to know how the transaction goes. But IMO it makes sense for people to be very cautious about who they pay $200+.

5. edit: yes i'm deleting all my comments on this thread

6. I totally agree. But don't you think buying from ebay is less risky than buying direct from an unknown company in chuina? I'm not saying eaby/paypal is perfect, but I feel like it's safer than trustung my cc to a new company directly.
      And in this case it sounds like they have the items in hand ready to ship, so there doesn't seem to be much chance of exceeding the 45 day safety window. (assuming you believe them)

I did go look and the white 1/3 outfit sure does look like a copy of the Lati outfit as mentioned. Unfortunatley, while we may not like that, it's technically not illegal to copy clothing, since clothing cannot be copyrighted.

And I'm still not seeing which doll is supposed to be a DZ copy. Can someone please post a direct link to the photo? The ones I'm seeing have very different bodies and faces.

I'm not saying this company is perfect, or even legit, or anything at all. But I wonder why *whenever* a new chinese company comes along the inclination is to scream copycat without evidence?
      I'm glad that new companies continue to pop up and offer new choices (particularly when I like some of their dolls)

repsectfully, M

7. if they put up an auction for the doll I like best, then I probably will bid and you can all NOT bid against me and I'll be happy to report back <g>.

I've sent them a question from within ebay and will see what kind of response I get.
      M

8. Have you recently looked at the website aoddoll.com? They now have wigs, eyes, and other things up that weren't there before.

9. If they put up the first girl in the 1/4 category, I will probably be bidding on it. They say the dolls arrive in 3-5 days, so if it doesn't arrive, my money is safe.

I am personally not seeing much resemblance at all to any DZ dolls, either, so I think I might take the gamble since they are so cheap. We shall see.

10. Hey guys - this was DZ's reply to me:

thank you and your customer tell this
      we are company will research this thing.
      but now i think she copy our fenyo photo,you can see in middle two pictures was our fenyo.
      about she said her doll NANA wether copy our dolls, we will research.
      thank you so much!

Let me drag out the pics in question, to compare...;) Now I'm really curious to see them up close!

11. [​IMG]

Pretty sure that's a DZ Fenyo in the last 2 pics-- but its NOT the same doll as in the first pic. Does anyone recognize that one?

12. yessss and no. In theory, but if the seller has shut down their paypal account and taken the money out, there's pretty much no way for you to get it back. >.<

13. Pics two and three from that auction look completely different than pic one, and they have completely different pictures on their website for this particular doll. It is unclear what they are advertising to sell.

I am going to say that that particular auction is dodgy, but that they are not copying DZ. None of the dolls posted on their website look like DollZone dolls. I suppose we'll see when DZ investigates, and after they've put up a few more dolls.

14. Argh... I saw this on Ebay before I saw this thread.

When I saw the white 1/3 outfit, I thought I was looking at a Latidoll Adel outfit that had been spraypainted white. -_- I don't know about the other stuff, but the outfit was the one that really surprised me.

15. No, a company does not. I was using a quick example and didn't feel the need to spell everything out. ANYTHING that shows credibility is enough. And no, I would not hand over my credit card details to some unknown company that just started up in China without doing my research first on the company. A company doesn't need to shop somewhere to open a store in a mall or on your local high street. A store you can go back to if there is a grieveance. If someone screws you on Ebay, they can just ignore your emails.

16. Their actual dolls seem to be legit- I looked at their website. The bodies are very different from any I've seen.

17. Well, i have just got up, turned on my comp and found that i have had a reply to the email that i sent to HotDollzone via eBay asking them what size 'Ming' really is (46cm or 60cm) and whether i would receive the exact doll/make-up/delivery time etc as shown in the auction and this is what they wrote back...
      I so love Ming, if they are copying other makers dolls (and i'm not saying they are or they are'nt here, it's seems it is still all very open to debate/proof) does anyone know who else he could be made by? I'm sure a lot of us here would love to know more about Ming, hope they are a legitimate company. Their bodies seem very different from DZ don't they?

18. edit: i give no comment

19. yeah it's one of those wierd grey areas on the clothing front....though i can't say i think much of using other companies pics / bjds / designs
      i'm keeping an eye on the auction out of curiosity.
      I might ask HellBunny to read their website for me and look at the Taobao site as well....