1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iffy auction?

May 5, 2007

1. Uneide, it sure does look like the auction photos include some of Fenyo, but the first photo is a totally different doll. And the photos on the AODdoll site for that doll in the first photo are definitely not Fenyo. So I'd say it is a bit unclear which doll they are selling. I will email the seller and ask about this discrepency. Maybe whoever did their auction listing just mixed up the photos?
      If there are questions as to whether or not they are really selling DZ, then I'm happy to see DZ agents involved.

2. The auction for the blue haired closed-eye doll has now been updated with further pics of her not a mixed set of pics as before - hope this helps.

3. I just checked the auction again and now the photos match those on the AOD site - the Fenyo pics are gone from the auction.

So maybe we can hope that this was an honest mistake and that this is a legit new company?

as for the clothing, I agree, it is a copy. But that does not mean their dolls are. Clothing (except in very rare instances) is not copyrighted (and just labeling them as such is insufficient to give them that claim - it's a lot more complicated than that).
      It's possible they are purchasing from the same manufacturer or distributer? For example, in their eyes, the last 5 are definitely the same eyes that DZ uses. But does DZ make them? Probably not. Several Korean compaines all sell the same exact same eyes that they probably get from a third party.

I totally hate that any company would outright copy dolls, but I'm also not going to jump to conclusions until there is real evidence that they are copying or scamming. I think that as soon as Uneide questioned the Fenyo photos in the auction and they quickly changed them shows that they are responding to questions and concerns and trying to get it right. (and having listed on ebay many times, it's not always easy to get their uploads and listing edit form to work properly and it's easy to make an honest mistake when uploading photos).

so far it does look like they are responding to questions and concerns and that is a positive thing.

M

4. well i'm glad the photos are working better. tho personally i'm not too fond of the dolls in general. hopefully they will gain publicity and are a good company

Pancake, i agree needs a new face up :sweat

5. So I guess people are just going to have to take a chance and buy one to see if they are any good :sweat

6. Pretty much. I'm seriously considering buying one, if they put up the one I want. I'll let you know.

7. Aster, where have you found this info? what is the reason for the ban? Do some of the other Chinese companies claim that AOD has copied their dolls? I can't read chinese or accese the info on the boards, so I'd love to know more.
      thanks, M

8. Just FYI - there is another thread where someone bought a doll and it was a DZ with epoxy added to face. They also reference some Ebay auction in the thread (someone asking of it was from that auction).

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128671

FYI 2 - I looked at the auction you mentioned in your first message and the doll's photos all match now and the doll looks lovely. I also noticed they say "We will explore and import the lastest edition of SD and AOD with their hottest accessories." so maybe they are not claiming to make BJD's.

Carolyn

9. For me, if a legitimate doll comepany copies another company's clothes/etc, it makes me wonder what else they copied and what their bussiness ethics are.

10. so maybe it's more like the manner in which DZ dolls are sold - through agents? Featherfall and Junkyspot have DZs on ebay all the time, and there are severlal other ebay sellers who are agents for other bjd companines. And that doesn't make them less legit. So maybe another vendor (Hotdollzone?) is working with AOD to sell their dolls.

I still have not sen anythign that shows me that they are a scammer or are copying dolls. I agree with PancakeGenocide - if they put up the doll I like, I will probably bid. And I will be happy to report back when all goes well :)

M

11. edit: removed because i seemed to have caused some bad feelings

12. mhdolls -- huh, I'm glad they revamped their listing. Could honestly be an honest mistake... for me though, its still pretty iffy. However, I'm happy to live vicariously-- if anyone feels like risking their money and going for one, keep us updated! ;)

13. The only thing I'm worried about is not getting the doll at all. If I don't get the doll within the alotted 2 week time period, then I file a PayPal dispute and report it to eBay.

Otherwise, I think it'll be fine. I've just got to think about the resin possibly being cruddy and chalky like DZ's is every once in a while. With a price that low, they must be using more fillers in their resin than DZ allegedly does.

Edit: Generic Chinese dress. There's not much of a way you can scream PIRATICAL!!11!one! at a chinese dress, unless it was a copy of the LE sets from Luts, which it isn't. I'm saying that one's legit, and I want it.

14. removed because i think it's been misread so it's silly to leave the message here

15. ditto with previous post, i might as well keep my mouth shut. I might have offended ppl, so just to say sorry and i give up on replying

16. Yukihotaru, I have been told by enough people who have bought DollZones that they had chalky, lumpy resin. On the other hand, I know plenty of people that have DollZones with perfectly fine, smooth, resin. I would also like to point out my use of the word ALLEGEDLY in reference to DZ's use of fillers in their resin in my above statement. Read more carefully.

Honestly, I am getting a little bit tired of you yelling piratical at every opportunity for this company. You cannot "copy" a chinese dress, nor can you copy a pose. The fact that they are using a specific pose that could be vaguely reminiscent of a pose that a Delf Art once stood in does not make that outfit a copy.

Perhaps you should stop being so judgemental and give this company a chance?

17. In regards to these dolls and the alleged claims about them being banned from certain forums and the like, if any Chinese speakers who can translate anything further regarding these issues would be able to PM a moderator with the translated information, we would be very grateful for your assistance.

Thank you. :daisy

18. It seems that HotDollzone is getting its act together on its eBay auctions - removing the wrong pics etc so that's got to be a good sign has'nt it. Also they have been replying to emails and have added questions on certain auctions that customers have been asking so that goes in their favour too IMHO.
      It would be great if they altered the details on 'Ming's' auction to the correct size and adjusted the price to fit in with their other MSD size dolls as it's still misleading to think he is a 60cm when he's not. That's the only thing putting me off of bidding really, i can't understand why he should have a higher starting price than the others if he is the same size.

I don't know enough about BJD's in general to cast any pearls of wisdom before you all on the subject of copied clothes, poses, resin quality or lack of but it will be interesting to see the outcome of these first few auctions from HotDollzone.

And to those who about to bid :abow: I SALUTE YOU! :abow: