1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Illusion Spirit Discussion thread

Sep 1, 2010

1. I just got some update from Alice Collection about my Xiao Ji order that it would take around approximately two more months for the doll to finish, but we all know how incredibly reliable AC is, I mean I bought multiple times from her and never did anything happen to the order, if AC is replying like this then we can assume that we're on to an extremely long wait for the doll while Alice communicates with IS. I'm not sure about other dealers though..

However I can say that Doll Family H's service is so bad that I feel so bad for the dealers who happens to provide a very excellent service to have to receive our emails...

Sorry about this though, I am just very concerned... I had a bad time with my DF-H order though luckily my baby arrived fine and unscathed...

2. Thanks for the info Soumeki. Im so glad to hear things worked out okay for you.

I've also heard good things about Alice's Collection. I myself have bought from them on numerous occassions and never had any problems.

However, I think Im going to take a pass on getting Illusion Spirit's BaiTu. I just don't have a good feeling about ordering him anymore. I've got enough drama going on just trying to get my replacement hand from DF-H. (Jeez!)

I wish good luck to everyone who orders from Illusion Spirit. I hope everyone's orders arrive without mishap.

3. While I wait to see if eventually get my CangXie from MoC, my brother (who was outraged by the whole situation) ordered just a CangXie head for me through Alice's Collections. We shall see if I get either or both.

I do have a question, though. I am not particularly fond of the the 2nd Gen body for my boy, and am looking for other options, especially since I may end up with just a floating head. I know that resin matching and neck-size matching is always a tricky proposition, but what companies are a good fit for the Normal Yellow resin? I don't want to go much taller than 63 cm, and I need it to be as close a match as possible. Thank you in advance!

4. Thanks so much :)

5. Wish I could help you, Osaka. I'd like a better body for one of my Illusion Spirit boys, too. My boys aren't even on the newer 2nd Generation body, they are on the first. It poses okay but, aesthetically, it is definitely wanting.

6. Rabbit-moon, I'm kind of discovering that there just haven't been a lot of hybrids. I'm going to take a shot in the dark and hybrid either a Dollzone 60cm body or a Doll Chateau 60cm body. The neck size is very close with the DZ body, but I've seen some nice hybrids from other companies on the Doll Chateau bodies, and I'm not intimidated by a bit of modding to shorten that giraffe neck a bit. XD I really like the thought of my Teenage Severus Snape on that weird, noodly, slouchy Doll Chateau body. But I really do love how nice the DZ bodies are!

Conflicted! XD

7. Yes Osaka, I like the DZ 60cm bodies, too. The Doll Chateau body would probably work great for your concept of a teenaged Snape.

I really like the CangXie head. I always thought he'd make a great Vulcan Mr. Spock, with the right face-up and modded ears.

My Minos is kind of a melon head, so I'm thinking of getting a taller body for him. Unfortunately, he will have to wait since he already has his default ver.1 body. I have another boy Im more concerned with, a white-skinned IOS Blood head, that really needs a body.

8. I have been wondering what to do with the potential extra head, and I can completely see Mr. Spock there too. :3 (Nostalgic choice as well--Mr. Spock was my very first crush when I was a very small child.)

I made a vow after I put my CangXie on layaway that I wouldn't get any more whole dolls until I got most of the floating heads onto bodies. ^^; 10 years in the hobby has led to a lot of event heads, OE and Dreaming heads, "sorry we were late on your order" heads...I did not anticipate CangXie would be the one I would need to get a body for immediately!

Ah, body-prioritizing...one of the joys of the hobby. "Yes, your body is not quite right, but your friend over there has nothing at all! You can wait your turn!"

9. YAY for another old Trekkie! :thumbup Mr Spock was one of my first childhood crushes, too! (Hence the wanting to make the CangXie sculpt into a Mr Spock.).

I even thought that Gino or Kelite would make a half-way decent Captain Kirk with the right face-up and wig. But, I can't sew, so I wouldn't be able make them their Star Fleet uniforms. At that point, I just let the idea go.

I also have a number of floating heads from past BJD events. I've given up trying to get them all bodies. I received a Curoi gift head when I got Basilisk, and he still doesn't have a body. LOL! You're right -the joys of this hobby... (Not to mention "the joys" when doll companies makes you crazy!)

10. I started getting rid of the heads I knew I would never would use. My husband took my OE MNF Ruth head, and I gave a Luts Wintery '09 to my son for his 13th birthday doll, but that's still left several that I either need to get on bodies or re-home. And of course most of them are SDs! XD

Ah, Curoi...he very nearly broke my "no fangs" policy! It's that nose of his. I'm a sucker for a guy with an interesting nose.

I think that's my biggest frustration with the whole "discontinue everyone" thing. There were several IS dolls that I aimed to get, once I did get some bodies. =n=

11. Wow! Your Husband and son are into BJDs? That's awesome! (I envy you being able to share your hobby with your family.)

Yeah, Im a sucker for an interesting nose, too. (And, yes, it was Curoi's nose that got me to request that head. I really liked it, and lucky for me, I like vampires, too.)

Do you sew? Are you going to make Snape's costume for your boy?

12. I'm very fortunate in that regard--my husband was so excited by my first BJD that he needed one too, and while he's not very active on DoA, he's still looking to expand his group, and my son was just 3 when I got my first doll, and I got him his first doll a few years later when he consistently proved that he could be trusted and that he was interested. My brother has quite a collection of BJDs too, and my mom is super-supportive and encouraging. It's very much a family hobby for us!

Curoi and Basilisk were very close to being the first vampires to come live with me, though I might have made them dragons or snake-guys or not-vampires. XD I have nothing against vampires, I just don't have any desire to have any in my doll family.

I do sew! I've been knitting a few accessories for him, and I'm going to make some things that don't need to be as fitted like his cloak and the like, but mostly I'm going to have to wait until I have him on hand, especially if I go with the Doll Chateau body. It's so different size-wise that I don't dare even attempt anything tailored without it here. I'll make him some Slytherin pajamas for him to wear right out of the box, but not much beyond that. ^^;

13. I just came back to thread only to find amazing posts..!

Wow...! It's nice to be able to share the BJD hobbies with the family..!
      So far I only have my little sister as my comrade in the BJD hobby, but my mom is leaning to being curious with BJD now ahaha :)

One time she bought this mini clothing (I think they were wine decorations) from her trip and gave them to us asking if the clothes would fit at all ahaha~!
      Turns out they do fit, but I had to alter the sizes a bit~!

14. So, I'm taking the wild shot in the dark and I've ordered the Doll Chateau youth body for my CangXie. I already know that I'll be modding the neck to shorten it a bit, and the bit of gapping that I'm expecting will mostly be covered by his wig.

Given Doll Chateau's rather lengthy wait times, it may become something of a race to see what comes first. I would expect it to be just the CangXie head, but things seem so upside-down that it's very hard to say!

Oh!! I was out shopping with my brother yesterday, and I found my new camera! It's a Nikon, and it's exactly what I've been looking for in a new camera, and I would have very much liked to have gotten it yesterday, but it's for my birthday in six weeks. XD I'll still probably have it in hand before my doll.... It's exciting though. My old camera is over 10 years old, and while I can still take a half-way decent picture with it, I'm so ready for an upgrade.

The nicest thing about having all of the family involved is the wide assortment in our collections. My husband loves elves and fantasy dolls, my brother is thoroughly Iplewhelmed, my son loves the very anime sculpts, and I'm sort of in the middle with a more stylized but mostly non-fantasy crew.

15. He's wonderful, Therealwalter! ^3^

I am giddy today!
      [​IMG]

My hands were shaking, I was so excited! He's going to borrow my DF-H body until his proper body arrives eventually.

16. Hi. I renewed Alexander's faceup and want to share the photo.

[​IMG] by Anna Mikheeva, on Flickr

I like some old IS sculpts, they are so alive and emotional. :)

17. I was thinking that I should show you my Yuu. He's an Illusion Spirit baitu head and Magical Angel body hybrid :-)
      Sorry about the face-up. It's my first (or second) ever face-up, so it's not good at all. But since I'm not at home now, I didn't have the chance to change for almost one year T__T When I get the chance to redo it, I will :-) You can also notice that he has no eyelashes atm xD

But for now, he looks like this. The other thing is his wig. I'm planning on buying him a new one soon. This one was just temporary :-)

[​IMG]

18. Congrats Osaka on finally getting him. He looks great!

:aheartbea Also loving everyone's photos. Illusion Spirit had some lovely sculpts.

19. It's interesting what will they offer now. :)
      I can't find any IS heads at the Alice's collections. Am I watching not where I have to or they really doesn't finished the new sculpts yet?