1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Illusion Spirit Discussion thread

Sep 1, 2010

1. Question. Has something happened to Illusion Spirit? Neither Mint On Card nor Alice's Collections have any IS dolls offered at all, and the official website is entirely unavailable, just a string of Chinese that roughly says that the website is unable to be accessed and to contact the providers. I really want a tan IS Phoenix for my next doll... Is that impossible now? [vague concern]

2. They discontinued all their sculpts a few months ago. They are going to be making new sculpts. I don't know when they are releasing those though.

3. Ah, all right. That's better than outright shutting down. [breathes] All the same, though, no Phoenix, haha ^^" Thank you for the help!

4. I got my Jia Ye head in the mail. I'm certain it was sculpted by the same person who did DF-H's Julian and a few others. They have the same ears, lips, and nose.
      [​IMG]
      When they come back, I hope they will have more in the same style. Though, I'm not sure I'll keep him, they are so similar and I prefer Julian.

5. Severus is all properly put together now!

[​IMG]

6. I just remembered that I have not showed my Tosaca here yet!
      His name is David:).
      [​IMG]

7. Osaka your Severus is so lovely! :D Is he by chance Severus Snape? He has a proper little scowl going on, with just the right amount of disdain :)

Aw Tea-Leaf your David is quite charming <3 I absolutely love his little desk too :)

8. hieisfuzz, thank you:)!

9. And now I'm in the right place. haha. QUESTION!! My IS Crete is a pain in the butt to clothe, pants-wise. I've tried all my other boys' pants on him, plus the 2 I originally bought for him alone, and they're usually too tight in the crotch area, and end up short around the waist/hips. Can't take him in public with his bum sticking out! :...( Anyone have any suggestions?
      Also, I don't know if my poor fellow just got neglected a tad during the being made process, or what, but he arrived with what looked like faint discoloring at a few parts, almost like the resin had been worn out a tad. It was at the corner of his mouth too, so I gave him a freckle there. Everything else will be covered with tattoos eventually. So it's not noticeable from far off, but it bothers me up close. T____T And I may have to try new elastic, because he flops over at the waist joint area all the time, so I never do anything with him - just picking him up to move him somewhere else is such a hassle! :/ He just sits around all the time on my desk...in boxers since no pants fit him. haha.

10. Whoops, neglected this thread by accident! ^^;

hieisfuzz--Yes indeed he is Severus Snape! ^-^ I'd been looking for years for just the right sculpt for a Teenaged Snape, and he's perfect for the job!

aim7--I've not noticed any discolorations with my IS guys, so I don't have any insight there. As far as the pants problem, I just made some pants for my IS body, and they fit oddly when he sits. I've never had such a tricky doll to clothe. He's so skinny but long in the torso and long-limbed. I'm having to modify SD10 and Luts patterns to make well-fitted clothes, and long-tailed shirts to cover any backside.

11. I'm hoping to eventually attempt making some sort of pants for him, so he has something...but my sewing skills are generally kind of scary, so I'll gladly look into any other options. Haha. Maybe finding some longer shirts would help, at least for when he's sitting...it could potentially cover how tight the pants look in the manly area as well. XD It always throws me off when I look at him next to my Doll Love guy, who's only a cm shorter - he looks so much bigger!

12. I brought out the sewing machine when the pants I had were woefully too big for the IS body, and none of the shirts fit at all. I don't mind, but it would have been nice to get him into clothes right off the bat!

I have Angell Studio pants on my DF-H boy, and I'm going to have to add an extra snap, because he's so "endowed" that the fly keeps gapping open when he sits. XD I'll try them on the IS body tomorrow, see how they fit. ^-^

13. I modded my secondhand Minos as Mamoru Hijikata from Until Death Do Us Part manga. He finally got his wig today so I'm going to show him off. None of the mods are permanent.
      [​IMG]mamoru hijikata by SteamWitch BJDmama, on Flickr

14. Lookin' good there! ^3^

15. I'd considered reshelling my boy into a different doll, but now that they aren't being produced anymore, I don't think I can do it! So here is Abel, my Zhu Qing. :3nodding: He's from 2011 so his default faceup needs to be retouched a bit, and his eyeco eyes are a little faded now.

[​IMG]

@SteamWitch: I love him! That's a really good manga! You did really well on his faceup.

16. Thanks, I really like Mamoru and love his story. He is one tough dude.
      He borrowed someones sword at the Japanese Gardens on wednesday.
      [​IMG]mh at minimeet by SteamWitch BJDmama, on Flickr
      He attracted the eye of several of the Garden's visitors. He (and the others) may have influenced a few of them into checking out BJDs.

17. @SteamWitch --Always a good thing when we corrupt the innocent, er I mean bring new people into the hobby!! XDD

@HelloMyStar --He's a lovely boy! ^3^

It does make me sad that IS isn't in production any more. I'm glad I did get my CangXie and in fact have an extra head to play with at some point. ^3^ They had so many really lovely dolls.

18. Just came by to "boohoo" because it looks like Illusion Spirit isn't coming back. I thought for sure they would be back with new sculpts for the Christmas holiday sales. But, alas, nothing.

Steamwitch, your Minos looks great!

And, HelloMyStar, your boy is adorable. I wouldn't sell him.

So sad this company appears to be gone. :...(

19. Is it confirmed anywhere that they aren't coming back at all? I'm really regretting not being able to get Xiao Ji early last year when I had the chance.

20. It's not looking promising, to say the least. There's not been any sort of update on Alice's Collections, and IS had been giving indications that the new line would be released in the fall.

It does seem that in the doll hobby that no news is the worst news.