1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Illusion Spirit Discussion thread

Sep 1, 2010

1. Hi everyone. I thought I'd post a picture of my Muka, I have two of them, the yellow skinned one Nico and his twin who is white skinned. I love his sculpt, especially his smile, which is very mona lisa ambiguous to me.

I noticed that Illusion Spirit company has disappeared, and from this thread I learnt that it has gone on hiatus? But I'm not sure what that means, or if we'll ever see them again. I also remember reading somewhere that they were related to Doll Family H somehow (or was it Doll Family A?) Anyway, has anyone heard anything recently?

So this is Nico (well, he has other names, but I'm going with Nico for now). He was my favourite doll from the moment I got him and still is, every day I love him more.

[​IMG]

2. @dana_bahn --About a year back, IS announced that it was discontinuing their entire line of dolls, but that they were planning on releasing a new line sometime in the autumn. Alas, there has been no news or noise on that front since the initial announcement, leaving IS fans disappointed.

As far as the Doll-Family-H/ Illusion Spirit connection, it's the same sculptor for both companies. In fact, my CangXie came in a box that had a "Doll Family-H/ Illusion Spirit" combined logo. The resins are very similar if not identical, and there is definitely a familial resemblance between the two lines. Allow me to demonstrate!

[​IMG]

Severus is an Illusion Spirit CangXie, and Alan is a Doll Family-H Jesse. Furthermore, I did a body swap on the boys. I liked the DF-H body better for Severus, but because I ordered another company's hands for Sev, I put the DF-H hands on the IS body and then popped Alan's head onto it.

3. @Osaka Oh that's very disappointing, I was hoping to see what their MSD line would be, I like the style and aesthetics. Well, there is one good thing though, I see that Doll Family-H sells jointed hands, so I think I might get a good match for my doll (hopefully).

4. I don't know I think it's best they're on a hiatus, I know when I ordered mine they were severely backed up (at least with mint on card orders) So a complete overhaul is probably good for them

5. Indeed. I hope that it can get sorted, certainly.

And I was in the missing October order through MoC, and wasn't sure I was actually going to get my CangXie at all! So yes, let us hope they can figure out whatever it is they need to figure out.

6. I must have been lucky. I ordered my IS dolls Feb last year and got them both within two months. This was with Alice's Collection. I was quite surprised..in comparison to my ringdoll through Mint on Card which took almost 9 months from the time they put in the order, but I knew RD had delays....

7. Hello everybody!
      I want to show my Tosaca. I mod him a little bit, his eyes wider than it was and nose not so rounded )) Also I hardly mod his neck hole, so he could fit DT18 body.
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]
      Originally his hair is silver. I just tried black wig and pic him for history)

#408 Reesha, Jun 9, 2016
      Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    8. He's a very lovely boy. I like him in the gray wig best.

9. I just found this thread :). My first doll was an Illusion Spirit Naji and she has aged beautifully over the years. She is white skin and has a faceup by Finley.

[​IMG]

10. Hope I'm not stumbling in on an old thread and there's a new one that's been made for Illusion Spirit SDs since, but I'm popping in to say that I'm thinking about getting a new body for my 3 (4? can't remember lol) year old Adrian. I'm pretty sure Doll Family's white skin will be a good match, I just have to try to see if his head fits on my DF-A body that another one of my boys (Doll Family Nuada) is sporting currently. I can't exactly tell the match yet because that body is so incredibly yellowed, but even then I think with some body blushing it should be fine!

11. I brought jointed hands for my IS SD doll, from Doll Family H, and the yellow skin was a perfect match. So I'd recommend Doll Family H, I think they were a related family to Illusion Spirit.

12. This is great news! I'll definitely have to upgrade him eventually to that body, then. I just can't deal with Alder's original Illusion Spirit SD body anymore...Those knees...

13. Yes, Illusion Spirit is a sister company to DollFamily-H. I just got a DF-H doll this week, and the doll box had both company names printed on it: DollFamily-H / Illusion Spirit.

Sorry Emmilmee that I missed your post! Your girl is very pretty! I love how you've styled her. The blue wig is so cool!

#414 Rabbit-moon, Jan 21, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    14. Hi! I know I'm late to the party, but I just got a lovely 2nd hand (3rd hand?) Adrian and I wanted to share. I saw him for sale and was instantly enamored with his sculpt! It's sad the company's gone and there's very few people who have any IS dolls, and fewer Adrians... Well, I hope you like my new guy. :kitty2

[​IMG]
      (Sorry it's blurry)
      [​IMG]

15. He looks great Darkwingchick! What a cutie! It's lovely to see him! :love

I am also sad that Illusion Spirit never came back officially. They had such a unique style. There were some sculpts I really wanted, but didn't get the chance to get them before IS went away. And what's worse, in my opinion, is now there isn't even an archive of photos or anything left behind of all their amazing sculpts. Everything gone! I wish I'd saved more pictures of their dolls.

Thanks for sharing photos of your new boy! Even though you may be the third owner, it's great to know he has a home with someone who appreciate's him! :thumbup

16. Thank you @Rabbit-moon ! I spent a lot of time while I was waiting for him scouring the internet for pictures and info. I did find some that appear to be from his company page, mostly thanks to an old ebay listing from Jeeryama.

They are very impressive dolls, he's solid and stands amazingly, and the range of motion is fantastic. The wrists seem oddly thick (weird thing, I know) and I need to put some magnets in his head cap, are all the head caps like that?

I'm looking forward to trying a few light mods and de-yellowing him, I'll be sure to share any progress. : )

17. If anybody wants photos, archive.org has a backup of most of the IS section from ACBJD.
      Illusion Spirit - BJD Doll - Alice's Collections

I believe Legend Doll is another DF-h spin-off company that opened right around the time IS closed.

18. WOW! Thanks SpottyJane! How very nice of you to find this for us! Thanks so much!

Yeah, I think Legend Doll is also somehow affiliated with DF-H.

Thank again!

19. Thank you!

Well, if Doll Legend is a DF-H spin-off like IS, that probably explains why I *had* to get a Legend Doll Chimera home. XD (And funnily enough, to be yet another Snape...I should do a family picture of them now...)