1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Illusion Spirit Discussion thread

Sep 1, 2010

1. Thank you $abatha

$avage no problem. I was looking for minos pics and found those. I want her now too lol.

2. Not at all dear <3

3. I haven't been on in a while, but I thought I would just stop in to give a little update on how I'm doing with Remiel!
      I've had no major problems with him so far and he is so much fun to do face-ups on! I went to the store location of MOCI and bought him a pair of pants that fit him perfectly. I cannot remember what brand it is but they weren't very expensive. Also, I bought the dark hunter outfit from DollZone and it fits him very well too! So DollZone clothes fit the 1/3 boys!!!
      As for wigs I'm having a little difficulty with finding something that doesn't clash with his yellow resin. Yes, I realize that this was a major pull for me to purchase him in the first place and now it's becoming a little irritating, but it's not the worst thing in the world.
      Even after all this time (I've had Remiel since February) his stringing is still REALLY REALLY tight! I've tried having him sit on his knees for days on end but his elastic is as tight as ever! This isn't a terrible thing, he poses nicely, but he also has a tendency to only want to snap in to a few poses.
      Before I bore you all to death, I also want to mention that there is a lacking of detail with the 1/3 male body. If you are looking for a doll that has defined muscles or even the hinting of a few ribs than you might want to check somewhere else. I sometimes feel bad when I look at other dolls and think, "I wish Remiel looked a little more muscular".
      That's all for now! Sorry about the monster post!!!

4. When I ordered Minos I knew I didn't like the body. I'm going to be checking into the local doll group to see if anyone has a popo in white. I think the whites are close and I am going to be getting him a new popo body. I like the definition of those. Thank you for letting us know that the clothes fit well from dollzone. I was wondering about that myself for minos.

5. I agree with Glow n Dark these are very interesting infos and do no worry for the longer post i just guess that is normal as you posted a lot of infos.
      I'm basically interested in the new muscular body as still my Daniel Craig Minimee head is on the fence and need a body..also probably i will change the character since now i'm much more into David Caruso XD

6. MollyKerr, I hear you on the stringing! I got my Minos in January, and the stringing was unbelieveably tight! I could barely get him to pose. I finally gave up and totally re-strung him. When I went to re-string him, I found that the string they used was way too thick for an SD sized doll. It looked like elastic that you would use to string an AOD 90cm boy; it was like rope. It filled the drilled channels of the arms and legs so tightly, I had difficulty getting it out. (What were they thinking?:?) I re-strung him with the string I got from The Volks Store and now he poses much better.:)

7. Oh boy, it was a bugger to do as a first time doll owner @_@ We had no clue what we were getting ourselves into! My sister and I had to work together to get him apart.

8. Aw sad face. I don't want to have to restring my Minos. He should be home by Friday!

9. Yeah, MollyKerr, isn't it crazy how tightly strung they are? I was so annoyed!

I remember the first time I re-strung a doll I was totally freaked-out! But, I used the Luts stringing tutorial that they had on their site, and that made it so much easier. I still string all my dolls using that method.

Glow n dark, who knows? Maybe your Minos won't suffer from the same stringing affliction. I've got my fingers crossed for you! :eusa_pray

10. Meh..sometimes the companies strung tight their dolls and i don't know even why..that reminds me when i unstrung the angels doll body..the string is definitely tooo short..and niow i gotta change it!

11. Thank, you. It would be nice to get lucky with at least one aspect of this purchace. I swear this has been a nightmare. I'm already half tempted to just sell him as soon as I get him and never buy another... -pout- I already love him though so I can't do that but grr.

12. I'm sure that with a good tutorial as the one suggested by Rabbit-Moon you will be able to string your doll ^^

13. Don't lose heart, Glow n dark! As soon as you see Minos, you will love him! :aheartbea

14. I hope so I finally have a name for him. Random guy showed up in my dreams and he looked like Minos ish. So I now know who he is and he has a character. He should be waiting for me when I get off work on the 24th

15. Great! We expect to see spam of your new boy! :thumbup

16. I will totally provide it. The next two weeks before school starts are dedicated to him in several ways.

Tomorrow his opening, then Friday we begin his sealing, blushing, and faceup. Saturday I will start on his Japanese Festivelle outfit and then Next weekend he gets to play with other dolls for the first time!

17. I was actually looking into getting an IS body, though I probably wont since it was mentioned that there isn't a lot of detail. Though I am really impressed by the poses it is shown doing on the ebay sale page. Does anyone have any owner pics with these poses?

18. I've been told they pose really well. They arn't supper detailed but I'll have a crap ton of photos tomorrow of my boy.

19. First off I do love him. He's got so much tude!! Box opening! yes its at mcdonalds lol. http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?468735-First-BJD-IS-Minos.

For questions about the body here you go.e really has more definition then the company pics make him look like. He just needs a little blushing to show it. He's not muscle bound but very well balanced. I havent gotten him to stand in the odd poses yet but hes strung a bit funny. However he stands amazing. he's on a box on my bed and i stood up and walked around him with out him falling.
      [​IMG]