1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Illusion Spirit Discussion thread

Sep 1, 2010

1. Congratulations on your Minos! I can't wait till IS remakes their boy's elbows. I refuse to buy another 1/3 till then (and I really need one... and a new body for moren since he is on the old-hip style and has a huge chip in it as well).

On the topic of the new dolls... I am sadly not impressed by any of them... again...

2. Since my last post I have learned that my doll is strung tight enough to break a human finger. I almost went to the hospital trying to get his head back on after doing his faceup. I small piece of cloths hanger saved my finger lol. The S hook slipped out of my fingers and pinned my pinky to his neck. Ouch is all that needs to be said. I don't want to ever restring a doll now.

3. Oh noes! Sorry to hear about your stringing mishap! I hope you are okay!

But, I hope congrats are still in order, Glow n dark! So glad your boy made it home safe and sound! He looks totally great!

Can't wait to see what his face-up looks like!

4. I'm proud of it. Every one goes on about how the first face up is a disaster. I admit I wouldn't sell it but I like it. Thank you!

5. I like the body much better in your photos than in the company photos. The shoulders are nice and natural (which is always a big thing for me.) and the legs and arms seem to be sculpted well. The torso's not bad either. :) Thanks for the pics Glow n dark!

6. Oh an update on that actually. I had to take him apart to seal him. I have a photo of him standing on one foot. He will do it quite well and I'm glad I could help. He really does have a nice body though the torso can be a little akward at times. It's still better then unjointed.

7. Yay! I own an IS Calos and he's my favorite doll :)

8. I'm thinking about an Annabel and Toki maybe in the future.

9. No one ordered yet a male 70cm doll?I'm lusting to see them in real!

10. I've been looking a maybe ordering a Muka 62 cm boy. Does anyone have one I can see a picture of? I want to order him and order him a pair of jointed hands. I want to customize him into a Satyr to be our Grover. I've been looking at alot of different companies and my friend sent me the link to go look at Muka and I fell for this guy. What is there posing like?

11. I have a rather recent 62cm boy (an one of there first year boys too). The only issue I have with their posing is that the boys do NOT have a decent double joint for their elbows. The females have it, the 1/4 boys and girls have it, but the 1/3 boys do NOT. Not sure why that is.

The jointed hands are fun to play with but they definetly need wired. They for the most part only have 2 default positions.

The part that I CAN'T answer is the Muka. I did a general search and couldn't find any. Though I didn't check DoA so you MIGHT be able to find someone hiding one somewhere.

12. Loool finally someone who wants a Muka. Am I the first person to have one? I haven't been able to find annnyyyoonnee else with one yet :o My Muka is tan, so there's a decent amount of sanding marks on him, but I don't mind. I fell in looovvveee with the mold too and also bought him some jointed hands. I find his posing is pretty good, but his pants get stuck in his knee joints sometimes lol. The elbow issue isn't really that bad, I find. Just takes a little bit to get comfortable with which way you need to turn the lower arm to get it back right. Overall, this mold is quite lovely. I could see about getting my mom to take pictures of him and send them to me so I can post them for you, if you would like? (I'm at university right now and, sadly, he's a

13. Thanks guys so much for the information.
      Wakey your not alone any more. Oh a tan one. congratz on your Muka. I have ordered a Muka too. I just fell so hard for theses dolls. Especially Muka's face. So I ordered one about a week ago from Feather Fall. Hes coming in normal skin with jointed hands. Hes going to be turned into a Satyr when I'm finished with him. His name is Grover and I'm so excited about him. I'm hoping he will be here sometime in late Dec or Jan.

Wakey If you get pictures of your boy I'd love to see him.

14. I'm hoping to order a Valentine, as far as I know they're no owner pics of him, so I'm kinda nervous about it...

15. I wasn't too fond of Muka myself, he looked very feminine but that's because of the wig I bet. Toki looks a LOT like a female too. That's why I was glad to get my Minos. Now due to VERY unfortunate circumstances I have to buy another Minos ( his head was stolen during a camping trip).

I enjoyed the Valentine sculpt but he seemed a little sad for my tastes. I am the type of person that didn't really want to watch the anime Air because they all had rather sad looking faces ( the downward pull of the eyes in the outer edge).

Edit: Kinne has the tan Annabell and I must say she was the dustiest thing I have ever seen. I haven't found the time to scrub her decently to see what is dust and what isn't. Though now that she is clothed (which is shown in the picture before) I hardly notice the whitish splotches all over her.

16. I'll absolutely keep you updated on those pictures, Azula. :-) Grover sounds lovely! Hopefully he gets here in a hurry for you :-P Let me see him when you get him, if you can. I'd love to see another Muka!

17. Wakey: Thank you . Your Muka is so handsome. I just love his face. Thank you for showing me pics of him. I can't wait for my Grover now to get here now and yes i will make sure of sending you pictures.

Hisuk: Oh that horrible to have happen to you and your Minos head . I hope you can replace his head soon. And I hope Annabell will clean up fine too.

18. OMG!!! To have your Minos stolen is horrid!! I love his face so much. It took me forever to find a male sculpt that was both beautiful and looked like guy.

19. Hisukioni: That's awful! :-( Hopefully your replacement arrives quickly for you if you decide to order a new one!!