1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IMda Modigli 30.5cm discussion part 3

Dec 1, 2016

1. she is adorable, i like the wig/eye combo on her :)

2. Hi,

does anyone know where I can see a pic of the imda 3.0 boy body?
      Is it the same as the girl body, but smaller hips? I can’t seem to locate a pic to see the difference. Thank you!

3. @Alfie, I found one when looking for an earlier Gian here.

4. Hi everyone, not sure if this is the right thread for iMda3.0 doll discussions? I thought Modigli is one the sculpts. :B

I recently acquired a cream white Mabelle and completed her faceup today. She is called Lucille and she is still waiting for her wigs to arrive. Hoping to find more yo sd sized sewing patterns for her! Painting her was such a breeze and she is so cute. Definitely one of my best purchases this year!

[​IMG]

5. She’s very pretty, great job on her faceup

6. Hello 3.0 owners! I'm currently eyeing the gorgeous Angélique that is in pre-order on the new iMda website. I always said I would wait for a Modigli rerelease but the Angélique sculpt is just so... angelic :lol:

I was hoping to know what your thoughts were on putting a Blythe size hat on a 3.0 head; do you think it would fit? I understand the 3.0 wig size is about 7-8" which is much smaller than a Blythe, but I'm so in love with all those cute handmade hats on Etsy and really hope it could fit on an iMda T^T

7. Thank you! So happy her face sculpt is already so cute I didn’t have too much trouble painting it.

What sort of hat are you looking at? Is it the crochet sort or the cute fur animal type?

I am actually in the midst of restarting my sewing of bunny and kitty bonnets for bjds and have an alpaca bunny hat in 8-9” size in the works. I’m thinking if your girl wears a poofy mohair wig then perhaps she could fit an 8-9” hat alright.

Here’s my in-progress 8-9” bunny bonnet on my 3.0 head, which looks a little oversized already:
      [​IMG]

Blythe heads are 10-11” and their hats might be a little loose on a 7-8” head, but who knows!

#388 yoake, Feb 1, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    8. The animal bonnets such as the one you made were exactly what I had in mind. Wow, that's an adorable dolly & hat! It's the same style as the one I was eyeing which is Blythe sized, but as you said, it might be quite huge on a 3.0 head

[​IMG]

I'm thinking it could be cute if the oversized hat was hanging a bit in the back as a hood, but those are pricy hats to be making such wagers! I wish I could find a hat maker that tailors for 3.0 sizes. Thanks so much for your picture though! It was really helpful to see what I'm getting myself into.

9. A Blythe hat would be too big for a iMdadoll (sadly as I have some adorable ones!). Their head is 7-8 and Blythe’s is 9-10. I have Angelique, she’s my favourite sculpt and is quite adorable

10. @kayjay oh I just pre-ordered Angélique from the new iMda website opening event :') I'm so excited to get her as she will be my first 3.0 :whee: I've owned the 5.2 before but the size didn't work for me... I've just decided to venture into 1/6 dolls so I'm still quite clueless with sizing. Would you say the 3.0 fits most yosd clothing and footwear?

As for the hat, I've resigned myself to scouring Taobao for yosd-sized animal hats but it's proven quite hard!

11. My Modigli wears an 8" -9" wig , and some Blythe hats would look ok, I think. A huge fur hat with big fluffy ears might be overpowering.

12. 3.0 is taller and very pear-shaped compared to the stockier YoSD body, but most clothing will work just fine except maybe fitted pants. Footwear is typically fine :)

13. The 3.0 is my favourite size but she’s bigger and a different shape to a YoSd. A 2.6 is closer in size but I prefer the feel of a 3.0, they’re small but still feel a nice substantial size to hold. There are patterns to make clothes for them on Etsy (by Tirin and Katten) and also clothes and shoes if you search. Are you a member of the Facebook group? It’s quite active and links etc shared on there. The group is called Imda Doll. Also, hats in YoSd size may be too small depending on their stretchiness as they wear 7-8 in wigs.

14. thank you both for the sizing tips! I've been having so much fun searching about YoSD and comparing sizes. I'm so excited to get her :D and I will have to checkout that Facebook group! I love Tirin and Katten but making my own clothing from patterns would be a big challenge for me! Maybe I'll try it out though ^^

15. Hello everyone {{waving}}
      I am waiting for my first iMda 3.0 doll to arrive tomorrow and I am SO excited.

I 'blame' @Dayme and @kayjay for me tumbling down this iMda 3.0 rabbit hole so suddenly......thank you SO much ladies ((hugs))

I have everything to learn about these dolls, so please feel free to enlighten me please.
      And in the meantime I am going to go back through all the discussion threads about this type of doll and I will hopefully learn a lot there too :3nodding:

16. oh @Jane I'm so surprised to hear you went ahead and got an iMda girl as well :D please share what sculpt will be joining your collection!

I am still waiting on my first 3.0 to be shipped from iMda, I will be hitting the 2month mark in 2 weeks, so hopefully I'm lucky and she makes her way to me soon ^^ I'm hoping iMda rereleases Élodie next, I'm dying for her to join my little resin family :aheartbea

17. @Dayme......I thought you might be! LOL!

I mentioned that I had a friend with quite a few, well that friend is @kayjay from here :blush
      So to cut a long story short, I have a tan iMda 3.0 Odelie and Kathryn doesn't! Thank you so much Kathryn ((hugs))

She arrived today and I am utterly bowled over by her. I hope that you are going to be just as bowled over by your Angelique when she finally arrives.
      This doll has a lovely heft to her, and the resin is so smooth......but you probably already know that from your other iMda dolls.
      I am in a daze about this new doll....she is just so beautiful.
      I so hope you don't have to wait much longer for your new girl {{fingers crossed}}

My poor DT Soyu will have to wait a little longer for her styling to continue as I need to go where inspiration and delight is taking me......and it is taking me right down an iMda rabbit hole at the moment!!!!
      I enclose a quick phone snap of her from this afternoon; I am in the middle of sewing her a little dress using the Tirin and Katten cap sleeve pattern.

[​IMG]B0897604-15C1-4312-ABC4-B10E4AB5ADFF by Jane, on Flickr

18. @Jane oh she is stunning! what a beautiful girl! I so desperately want a tan 3.0 one day, the resin tone is just so gorgeous :aheartbea Odélie is an adorable sculpt, I hope to have her one day as well ^^
      That dress is adorable! I love the fabric you used. I am tempted to get a pattern from Tirin & Katten as well now. I purchased a bunch of fabric, lace and tiny buttons weeks ago, but since Angélique has yet to come home I am only browsing online for inspiration... I am so antsy to get her!

Is your Odélie wearing 18mm or 16mm eyes? I also love her faceup very much, is it the factory one? ^^ Thanks for sharing her :fangirl:

19. Seems like Simonne is next for the 3.0 preorder; I was really hoping for Élodie but I guess that will come later on. Oh well more time to save up :)

This sneak peak is just too adorable though >< I'm starting to think do I need Simonne...?

[​IMG]