1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IMda Modigli 30.5cm discussion part 3

Dec 1, 2016

1. Hi guys I’m not sure where to post this so I’ll try my luck here. I kinda need a little advice.

One of my grail dolls is a 4.3 (or 5.2) imda girl in the Coco resin. I think it’s super unlikely that they’ll make one tho and it’s hard to find doll makers that make tan dolls.

Should I go ahead and get one of their 3.0 tan girls instead. Angélique it’s so darn tempting

2. @A_Zuri I think if you know what you want, you should just wait for it. I don't see any reason why they won't at some point release a 4.3 or 5.2 in Choco resin - it just might be a while since they release fewer 4.3 and 5.2 than 2.6 and 3.0, and not every release has a tan option.

3. You might ask them if they plan to release a 4.3 or 5.2 in Choco resin. It is more likely that they will if people are asking for it!

4. iMda are very responsive to private DMs and comments on instagram @A_Zuri. I suggest pinging them on there and they will probably let you know if they're working on a choco 4.3 girl any time soon!

5. Y’all are so awesome thanks for the advice! I’ll go ahead and reach out to them!

Edit: So I heard back from imda and it turns out they’re not planning on making a coco 4.3 girl anytime soon. I am a little bummed but on the bright side I can get Angelique without worrying that I won’t have room in my budget for another doll;)

#425 A_Zuri, May 3, 2022
      Last edited: May 4, 2022
    6. @A_Zuri - well, at least you can be confident about your choice!

So, confession time... I bought this little girl in May 2020 and due to a variety of circumstances just never got around to doing anything with her. I was very ill, and she didn't fit the vision I had for her, so I just left her in her box.

Now I finally sent her off to get painted... Meet Leonie! She's a tawny Amellia 3.0
      [​IMG]

I'm getting her different eyes and hair, probably. I haven't had a long-haired doll in forever... I've forgotten how much of a pain all that hair is, haha.

7. @Lelite I'm glad you are finally able to enjoy her! She would be cute with short hair! What color eyes will she be getting?

8. @Lelite Leonie is a sweetheart! I love her :chibi Tawny Amelia is one of my grails; you styled her beautifully and her faceup is adorable. I'm guilty of the same thing with my 3.0 Simonne sitting in her box since 2021... But taking our time in the hobby makes it all the more enjoyable in the long term :) Leonie definitely motivates me to work on my girls! Thank you for sharing! And I hope you recovered well :aheartbea

9. @nancy_schroeder_ca - You know what? You're right, she does! I forgot I had this in ye ol' doll box. :D I'm thinking of getting her some very very dark eyes, almost black. She's based on a character of mine (for now) who has very dark eyes, and these ones are really nice in low light, but in bright lights they look really "dreamy" because they don't have a pupil. So want to try something a little bit more focused.

@Dayme - Thank you! :) Yeah when I saw the Amellia from that release, I knew I had to buy her, even took on an extra commission to cover it. Hope you have lots of fun returning to your Simonne (or maybe the others? ). And I'm... recovering. I've been blessed with a metabolic disorder from my grandmother that doesn't even have a name. Not fatal, but it's deeply unpleasant to sort out. Lots of pain, dietary restrictions and propensity for injury, but I'm trying to take it one step at a time.

10. @Lelite That is a great wig on her! Dark eyes will be perfect!

11. Seems like a 4.3 Manon is up next on the iMda website, so no 3.0 preorder for a little bit. I kind of regret not getting Coco... but that's okay, she'll come back :aangel:

In the meantime, I got another outfit from the Chinese maker 'Akoms' for my dolls. It's adorable! Although the hat doesn't fit Élodie's big head, it looks cute as a little hood too :fangirl:

[​IMG]

12. Look at her lil’ bag! Awwwww :kitty1

13. Does anyone know where to find, or have a copy of, the free iMda 3.0 pattern from Soom's website? It seems like the link is currently broken.

14. Hello ! Did you try this link from Imda's website ? A sewing room
      I guess this is the one you are looking for :)
      Have a nice day !

15. Leonie got new eyes, hair and dress... I'm spoiling this girl something fierce.

[​IMG]

Also long-shot, but has anyone tried MSD shoes on the 3.0 girls? There's a pair of running shoes I absolutely adore but they're only available for MDDs. I know they would look way bigger, but I think it could be... okay in a super-stylized way? Maybe? I only have MSD-sized boots at home and it's hard to tell. Like, it's not TERRIBLE, but I can't tell if not having all that material around the ankle would just make it obviously over-sized.

16. The 3.0 dolls have the same size feet as most yosds, even though the body and head are bigger. So MSD shoes would be too big. Keep looking -- there's lots of great shoes out there! An Etsy search is really useful.

17. Oh I'm well aware, I got both iMda (currently wearing my old Yo shoes) and MSD's at home, but the MSDs all wear boots. I tried the smaller ones on the iMdas and I think they look okay, in a cartoony kind of way... but I wasn't sure if not having the extra fabric around the ankle would ruin the look. Believe me I've scoured everywhere... these shoes are MDD only shoes, and they would've been perfect. :(

Also I've talked myself into getting a choco Elodie, when I can/when she comes up next.

18. Hey guys look who came home last night!!
      Here is my Angelique in Choco <3 I think I'll name her Margaux.
      [​IMG]

The wig I got for her is still in the mail so I used a bit of yarn and tucked it under her hat :P

19. @A_Zuri she's absolutely to die for :D love everything about how you styled her as well :aheartbea
      iMda's choco skin is my grail, I'm waiting for choco Modigli to make her way to me >u<

20. @A_Zuri - She's adorable!! Makes me kinda wish I had ordered her. I have a soft spot for Angelique.

@Dayme - Lol, I'm waiting for a release of Modigli in choco too! She's probably the last doll I really want to complete my collection. I mean, there are others I'd like to own but She's a have to own.