1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Immortality of Soul Cats ~ Jack, Lulu, and Lora discussion part 1

Jun 25, 2010

1. If "Enabler" buttons were passed around I think most of us would need them LOL!

2. I snoozed and I loozed. But the one I really want is one of the tiny ones, ANYWAY... except not if they're only in "natural purple." Has that been discovered yet? Whether there is an option, I mean?

3. Sadly, no white option for the little kitties, only purple, Baakay. I tried to order a white one and they changed my order to purple and said 'sorry, only purple'.

The purple doesn't look too dark, though. Maybe a lilac-point Siamese would work for the Baakay Bunch? I could see one peeking out of Kenshin's kimono top, blinking and purring.

Maybe if you ask them and a bunch of us also ask about offering them in white they may do it in the future. They re-issued Jack!

Yeah, but I really AM known as the resin enabler in our area! I don't know how many people I started lusting after and finally getting a doll or twelve. And then they became enablers to others. I don't think I'm six degrees yet but I'm at least three degrees.

4. You're EVIL!!! EVIL I say!!! Bring Kenshin's kimono into the mix and I turn into a puddle of Kay on the floor.

What's more is that I seem to be well on the way to my own little "Kitten-gumi" here -- I don't know how this happens. ;) Well, yes I do. It's like when they ask a quarterback "what does your team have to do this week to win this game?" I always yell at the TV -- "Score more points than the other guys!"

Yep. *I* know how they get here... I buy the darned things. ;)

5. anyone know what size eyes jack. lulu and lora wear? i must be looking in the wrong spot on the IOS website...

6. Login/Shop/Doll Head & Body (to the upper left of the screen)

Jack

-Tall : 25.3 cm
      -Eye size (안구사이즈): 12mm
      -Circumference of neck (목둘레): 4.8cm
      -Circumference of chest (가슴둘레): 11.5cm
      -Width of shoulders (어깨넓이): 5.5 cm
      -Circumference of waist (허리둘레): 10cm
      -Circumference of hips (엉덩이둘레): 12.5cm
      -Lenth of ‘from hips to ankle’(엉덩이~발목사이): 11cm
      - Lenth of ‘from knee to ankle’(무릎~발목사이): 5.5cm
      -Food size : 3.5cm

Lulu/Lora

-Tall : 13cm
      -Eye size (안구사이즈): 10mm
      -Circumference of neck (목둘레): 4.5cm
      -Circumference of chest (가슴둘레): 7.5cm
      -Width of shoulders (어깨넓이): 3.5cm
      -Circumference of waist (허리둘레): 7cm
      -Circumference of hips (엉덩이둘레): 10cm
      -Food size : 2cm

7. Here's one of the twin Jacks and the kitten...I actually had eyes for them too! Woot!
      [​IMG]
      IMAG0316 by dhawktx1, on Flickr

8. woot! does the little kitty stand well on those feet? they seem kind of small, thou I do like them.

9. They are actually good sized...with the toes curled a bit it hides the fact that they are fairly human sized and shaped...lemme get you a piccie of him standing...

[​IMG]
      kittens are a handfull montage by dhawktx1, on Flickr

I've tightened the kitten's leg elastic but not Jack's, so Jack was kicky, but I intend to suede them both soon.

10. Yeah, she doesn't make it easy! The Jack cats were a re-release limited to 12 total and they were $300 ea. The kittens were a new release and were $250 ea. If you go to the order page and click on the upper left where it says Head & body...you'll find it in there.

11. I finally got my kitties unpacked. Oh-Em-Gee. XD They are so cute and they're amazingly good at posing, even right out of the box. I should probably suede them soon to make things even easier, but I'm already impressed.

Admittedly, I don't have a lot to compare to yet, but I'm so happy with them.

12. Too cute!

I haven't had much of a chance to play with mine. I'm going to do it this long weekend. Their eyes are in the mail but I don't expect them until Tuesday at the earliest.

My only concern is the THIN RESIN BAR holding Lulu's tiny S-hook. rat's Soah broke her resin hook to keep her head on after only a year of mostly sitting around. I can't figure out why they designed the smaller cat that way when it would have been easy to continue the neck hole into the head.

#33 bakayaro onna, May 27, 2011
      Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    13. Raided Kyrenea's bucket o Barbie and found that the Jacks can fit stretchy Barbie stuff very well...as well as these Goudreau boots!

Careful! Letting a Jack try on girls clothing can result in an instantaneous gender change...

Meet Jaqueline!

[​IMG]
      Jaqueline gets a new dress by dhawktx1, on Flickr

14. It's all Victoria Victrix's fault...she told me hers was going to be a girl...so when the package arrived at my place (I was helping her get it...that site is confusing!) I waited until I could get with Kyrenea and raid her awesome stash of fashion doll and tiny clothing...after securing a nice little wardrobe to add to the package, I sent it on its merry way yesterday. Both Jaqueline AND two of Kyrenea's girls are all pouting that they didn't get to keep what is popularly known as The Ivory Confection:

[​IMG]
      Ravis and the girls by dhawktx1, on Flickr

15. onna: I think you may have missed it because it was cast in place, but there IS a metal bar in the Lulu's neck.

I set my camera on Macro so I could get a clear shot. Here it is...

[​IMG]
      Lulu resin head bar by dhawktx1, on Flickr

16. i actually like how the connection is outside the head because there is just barely enough room for eyes in there. it always feels kinda messy to have the eyes and the string and the s-hook there all together...

17. I'm considering some sort of plug for Jack and Jaqueline...the hook sits in a little notch in the resin and if you push the head back too far...*pop!* And the head comes off! Luckily there's a metal ring in the neck that catches the hook, but still...would rather avoid it if possible.

18. Can you carve the notch just a little deeper? I've never had mine pop off that way. Of course, it'll prolly happen now that I know about it!

19. I haven't had any issues with the head popping off once I've got it settled, but I had a horrible time getting the hook to sit in the notch in the first place.