1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Immortality of Soul Cats ~ Jack, Lulu, and Lora discussion part 1

Jun 25, 2010

1. I'll admit, I was pushing the head waaaay back to have her look up at an EID. The Lulu/Lora half neck has a really wide range of motion.

2. With the closing of the Anthro subforum, these fellows fall into the Tiny Dolls category. I've asked the Mods to move the existing thread, but till then, we can post here!

Starting off:

I was putting eyes in my Jack and when I went to put the head back on the body, the neck S hook opened up and dropped one side of the elastic. I wanted to try an alternate stringing anyway so I:

Pulled up the elastic at the pelvis and tied it off.

Used the leftover to string from the leg elastics to run a single loop from the leg elastic to the neck.

This allowed me to string the legs very tight, and the torso looser. I wanted to be able to keep the torso posing that I had in the beginning, yet have the legs tight enough to hold the pose. Will keep you informed on how well it works!

3. Thanks for setting this up, dhawktx!

My kitties have been side-swiped by my new off-topic doll because it has a faceup and it's small enough to go into a tee shirt pocket and not be seen.

I wish the weather here would DRY UP some so I could spray down the growing amount of fuzzy faces to paint.

I hope to paint Hamish (Jack) with some tabby markings like the Scottish Wild Cat. Thistle (Lulu) will be a pointed Siamese, either lavender or darker pink, depending on what looks best on the resin, which has a more pink cast than I expected. Maybe putting purple on the resin will bring out the lavender undertones.

4. Hee, I was planning on having my Lora be Siamese as well, probably lilac point. ^^ The tiny cats and their resin colour really do lend themselves to the idea!

Based on his resin colour, I'll probably go orange tabby for Jack. I imagine he'll look smashing as a Scottish wildcat, though!

And I'll be interested in hearing how the new stringing method holds up over time. I haven't had any difficulty with mine so far, and I'm not brave enough to mess with any stringing if I don't have to. XD

5. Oh, I mod at the drop of a body part! What I really like about it at first go is that the torso is free to be a bit floppy and catlike...take poses it couldn't if the torso was strung regularly, yet the legs can be strung tightly enough that they don't collapse on you for nor reason! And, yes, the IOS normal skin resin has enough yellow to make a yellow tabby just about perfect!

6. I think I have an image in my head of your restringing but it would be helpful if you could provide a simple drawing so I have it correctly in my head.

I may want to change Hamish's stringing after I see how yours poses compared to mine.

7. It's really scruffy, but here's a sketch of what I did. It winds up with only one strand of elastic going onto the neck S Hook...

[​IMG]
      Jack restring pattern by dhawktx1, on Flickr

8. May I present to all of you....

CleoCatra, Queen of Denial!

[​IMG]

IoS "Jack" Enabled by DHawktx

I ran that outfit up in about 30 seconds after she rejected everything else offered to her (literally! The clothing would NOT stay on/fastened/go over her head or ears). She'll be getting more later when I have more time, but evidently this suits her Royal Highness (the gold, I suppose). She'll also be getting an Egyptian style wig (or wigs!) and accessories.

9. Well, my Azone girl jeans came in and DIDN'T fit my Jack, which is a shame since I wanted him to wear them for the con next weekend.

Maybe I can find the container with my Taeyang clothes and 'borrow' some things from them.

10. Well my little kitties arrived yesterday quite unannounced. I had checked the IoS website last week and nothing. Go figure when I don't check, they ship :). I had one heck of a time getting Jack's head to stay on (I thought I had it wrong until I verified it with pictures). Will probably make the groove in his neck a bit deeper to keep his head on. I really liked the pics of Jack as a girl (mine has clearly stated that girl clothes are not his favorite). I did stick the poor dear into some female clothes that did fit well. Will try to post pics.

Victoria - CleoCatra indeed! It's the gold all right LOL!

11. Hey Hey Hey! Are you tryin' to get me a rep as a boat rocker? Huh? LOL!

I contacted Emory at The Junky Spot and told him that the artist had responded to me that she will do a GO of a minimum of 20 of a single sculpt as soon as some health issues are out of the way. And I threw links to Tara's and my Flickrs at him too. He was intrigued. Instead of a rowboat I decided to rock a container ship...howze 'bout dat?!

On other news, I can guarantee that the 26cm HUJOO ANKLE WALKER BOOTS - WHITE (which I just got in from JSpot) will fit Jack very, very well. Meaning the rest of their line for that size doll will probably fit too.

Woot!

[​IMG]
      IMAG0372 by dhawktx1, on Flickr

12. I'd have to look at a Planetdoll body to be able to say which was better...but for a slim 25cm angel body, this one is pretty demmed amazing!

13. no, i like the IOS body... it's just that if i could get the heads while it was limited availability i could worry about bodies later. ah well, i will just try to be able get one by the time a GO can exist...

14. You give me too much credit! Actually, since the artist is agreeable to a GO of 20 or more (I'm assuming that it has to be the same sculpt) I opened the subject up with Emory over at The Junky Spot - he had a look at the Flickr shots and was intrigued. So we can pummel HIM with requests! Bwahahaaaa!

15. Hi all!!!
      I want to introduce my cat - Nyaka :fangirl:
      I made photos with her, in time I`ll show you ;)

[​IMG]

16. Good news everyone. IoS plan to release Lulu and Lora in December. :kitty2
      That's enough time to save $$$.

No mentioning for Jack, but maybe if more people ask for him, they may add him, too.

News from IoS:

Hi~^^ This is IOS.*^0^*

Here shows a sales plan from August to December, 2011.
      Please check out below.*^^*

Aug: 70body+head & head SALE! ^^
      skin color : New white

Sep: NEW 70body+head SALE! ^^
      skin color : New normal & New white

Oct: ...

Nov: ...

Dec: Resale - BLOOD & LULU & LORA

(These are subject to changes and additions depending on the selling period.
      We ask for your understanding regarding this matter.^^*)

17. I betcha not on the Jack unless we can come up with the 20 Jack minimum!

The odd numbers of Jacks that she released last Christmas made me think that they were casting over runs from the original Jack run (Only one WS and twelve NS?). We'll see if she releases Lora and Lulu the same way (i.e. oddish numbers of the two sculpts). Not that I'm complaining, mind you, I know there are some folks out there that will want some!

18. @nataluna: Unfortunately, IoS doesn't provide the make up option, it's clearly stated on their website.
      Btw: Since this is a thread for tiny only, Blood should be discussed in this thread.

20 is a lot, but not impossible. Maybe we can gather enough people by December or actually any time if if is something like a 'special order'.

I'm trying to save for both Lulu and Lora, I always like to have [at least] two dolls of the same size and they really look nice together.
      Would be nice if they come in different colors to choose.

19. Finally got a defiitive answer from IOS on Jack:

I guess I should have said specifically Jack cats. I see that you have Lulu and Lora for December but no Jacks. Am I correct to assume that we'd need to get a 20 minimum preorder of Jacks to get more of them? If so, would they have to all be white or all be NS?
      [TABLE]
      [TR]
      [TD="colspan: 2"][/TD]
      [/TR]
      [/TABLE]

[TABLE]
      [TR]
      [TD][/TD]
      [TD="width: 100%"] [TABLE]
      [TR="bgcolor: #020202"]
      [TD="width: 2"][/TD]
      [TD][​IMG] ios [​IMG][/TD]
      [TD="align: right"]DATE : 11-08-03 11:46[/TD]
      [TD="width: 2"][/TD]
      [/TR]
      [/TABLE]

[TABLE]
      [TR]
      [TD="colspan: 2"] Hello~^^
      We have no present plan for resale of 'Jack'..
      but if you, dhawktx place a bulk order for over 20 units, we're gonna receive your order~^^
      (The color of skin can be only new white.^^)
      **Do you want them to be 'new normal'? Then, you need to order additional 20 units of them.^^;;
      ex) new white: 20EA / new normal 20EA
      Thank you![/TD]
      [/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [/TABLE]

20. @Anaveris: Nice kitties.

IoS revised their plan for this year; Jack has been added in a limited quantity for the December sale. The temptation never stops, huh? ;)

From IoS website:
      Dec: Resale - BLOOD & LULU & LORA
      * Blood: A Limited offer
      * Lulu&Lora: two different skin colors.
      * Jack: A Limited offer