1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Immortality of Soul Cats ~ Jack, Lulu, and Lora discussion part 1

Jun 25, 2010

1. Demon's also wearing 12mm:
      [​IMG]

I guess Enchanted Doll eyes have smaller irises or something!

2. Mine are inexpensive Glib half rounds.

3. And kitties are here. They feel so small and so cute! Now to start thinking what I want to do them, I have no idea. Click box opening.
      [​IMG]

4. Well there was a notice, that person was sick and that's why shippings was late. If I remember right, there was also that dolls should have sended out 6th day.
      Pic spam, will the cats always lands on their feets?
      [​IMG]

5. Yeah, she's had some health issues the last year or so.

6. * Jack: $ 320
      * Lulu: $ 250
      * Lora: $ 250

7. Sooooo....

[​IMG]

8. @Anaveris: Whoa, four kitties. I'm looking forward when you have the other two finished, too.

Finally joining the IoS anthro crew. My kitty arrived on Friday.
      [​IMG]

Thanks dhawktx for poking me to ask IoS. Otherwise I'd be probably still waiting (and worrying) even now. They answered and sent the package the next day. If only all doll companies have such a great communication.

I have to say, (s)he is great, but high demanding. :sweatOnly a few clothes could somehow fit (will post some photos later).
      In addition, not sure if this goes for all Jacks or mine is a special specimen, (s)he throws tantrum when posing; already put kips in the shoulders since they would not hold the position properly and thinking of wiring at least the legs.

And now thinking what to do about face-uping.

9. Tsukasa: I've found that sueding helped a BUNCH. Especially his limber little torso joints. And I've experimented with stringing and found a way to tighten his legs while still leaving his torso limber. BTW I adore the little s hook shelf in his head, and the eyelet in his neck to protect the resin and keep the hook in place!

I took off his head, replaced the S hook with pipecleaner and took off his torso - take a moment to admire the little brass IOS plaque on his pelvis if you haven't seen it.

Then I tightened his leg elastic so that it was going just from one leg to the other with a bit of give. I took the extra elastic and made a loop that I slipped under his leg elastics, leaving two loops to put back on the pipecleaner and thread back through the torso and neck. It took a few tries to get it right

When strung this way I can have the legs at one tension and the torso at another...the best of both worlds!

[​IMG]
      New shirt and belt Montage by dhawktx1, on Flickr

Clothes, yeah. If I can ever find the patterns I drafted for his outfit here, I'll share them.

10. Congrats fellow new owners of IoS kitties. :)

My Jack's got new eyes, but need to take a better photo before showing off.
      Meanwhile a few clothes trials photos I took some time ago:
      [​IMG]

1) M3 Studio overall (YoSD size)
      2) M3 studio shorts (YoSD size) and Somedoll t-shirt (Blythe size)
      3) Sunny's Wonderfull World (t-shirt and shorts set) (1/6 size)
      4) Somedoll t-shirt (Blythe size) and Luts petit panty (Zuzu size)

11. Here is all my kitties with face up. I made bluish cat more green ;)

[​IMG]

and a bonus :)
      [​IMG]

12. They're perfect, Anaveris, can't decide which one I like the most.

I'm yet to blush my kitty, but life has been a bit too busy recently.
      And since the red eyes, I originally used, were not exactly what I wanted (now has green ones), I need to come up with a new idea for the 'fur', too.

Btw. has anybody tried a wig?

13. That's true. Although there was a note in February:
      "*May: stuffed NEW animals will be sold." ... Whatever stuffed animals may mean. :lol:

But since the schedule for other dolls was postponed as well, this may not be so quick.
      No need to mention that there were no photos in her gallery yet.

Well, Jack is very very slim YoSD sized.
      But yes, if there are Lulu and Lora in YoSD size, it would be tempting.

14. Anaveris, a bit belated on my part but your blushing / paintwork on your kitties is always a joy to behold. Loving your new blue/green Lora!
      I still haven't had the guts to take Holly, my purple Lora, apart to paint. Anything YoSD size or above I have no fear with unstringing and restringing but as soon as it comes to tinies I'm deathly afraid of loosing parts. Doesn't help that I absolutely adore Holly so to take her apart will be like loosing her for a while until she's in one piece again. Mind you, this generally how I seek about any of my dolls when they're unstrung.

15. Don't take her apart!

Do what I do and wrap the parts of the doll you don't want touched with your sealant with foil and crush it so it fits around the body/neck well. Then you can spray the head and work on it without detaching it. It also gives you something to hold on to while you're working.

I did this with a DZ bunny because of the ears and an off-topic doll with rooted hair and it worked quite well.

16. I've asked at the new, improved IOS website (http://dollios.com), and got this promising response:

Which tells me that when enough peeps are interested in him (i.e. asking for him on the IOS Q/A board) they will likely open another order period. I know of at least two folks who have me watching for a secondhand Jack for them to get, and it's been over a year, so it's probably about the right time to start campaigning for the next release - I think it took about three months of serious begging last time! The designers for IOS have a real soft spot for cats, so I think they'll be tickled to have enough interest for another round.