1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Immortality of Soul (Part VII)

Feb 27, 2018

1. Yes, in fact I was just kinda ranting about it on instagram yesterday. 3mm string in an 80cm bjd??? Who decided that was a good idea? Or those feet? He needs bigger feet than a 60cm girl! And what is it with those legs? Any reason they only elongated the legs and not the torso when they decided to make him 80 cm? And why does the upper torso jingle around when I want him to bow a little towards the front? And the inside of the doll could be neater too. Time for some improvement in the design IOS!!

I sueded him yesterday and restrung him with thick elastic and he could stand unaided last night. It did help. He can also keep his arms in any position I want him too. He is tightly strung now. He really needs that.
      [​IMG]

Did you use real suede? Did you also suede the inside of the thigh joint? That helped. There was too much space in that joint.
      I do have him in boots that support his ankles. That also helps.

I am seriously thinking about shortening those legs and maybe add some epoxy inside the torso joint. Hopefully that will solve my problems.Sell him? No - I need that body for my minimee Alan Rickman head.

And before anyone thinks that I may have been scammed: I bought my IOS through a dealer and he came with official box and CAO and everything. IOS did all

#41 Cyador, Apr 29, 2018
      Last edited: Apr 29, 2018

2. Yea, that was one of my problems of not being able to bond with him >.< .... Posing was a major pain in the butt (I nicknamed him worm for abit cuz of that lol..) but hotglue fixed that issue xD ... Downside is that you had to redo the hotglue once a year :/ .. I bought him a new body last year (diff company) and that one is working alot better now for posing

3. Yea, no I agree, and It's so infuriating! Where did you buy the suede from? I've never actually gotten the real thing, and if I'm stuck with him, I might just go for the long hall and just get him fixed up... also yea, the string just isn't thick enough that he was sent with, so is 3mm too much? Cause I'm telling you, I have no idea what string he needs but I know that the ones I'm using is either not thick enough or just too loose? I don't know, I'm so annoyed! Haha

4. Hi dear, my reply is too late since I haven't visited this thread for a month xD My "G" has no issue. His joints work wonderfully :D

Ahhh welcome to IOS world! >< They all are beautiful right? :XD:

Also, I want to share a photo of my boy <3 I've been busy so I don't have a chance to take him out for some photos.
      Have a good night/ nice day everyone!

[​IMG]

5. [​IMG]

My pure black Anima arrived today. I was totally surprised as I never got a shipping notice and, Uhm, I had forgotten that I had ordered him. Totally gorgeous guy. I'll have to make it up to him somehow.

6. Shade salutes this new guy. Black resin is fun!
      [​IMG]

7. Wow! They look gorgeous :D Black resin is really beautiful

8. I like that black resin but I don't have a character for one. I will just have to look at yours and be happy for you!

9. Suede was a problem for me too - I could not find thin suede in large enough pieces for any reasonable price. I ended up finding it on Aliexpress - pm me if you want a link. Spit pig leather they call it - between 0.4 and 0.6 mm thick and you get a large piece for 16 euro or something. Just smells very strongly. I doubt they made this in an animal friendly way though.

String: I put in 4mm, but that is because I do not have 5mm thick string. And shoes that are tight around his ankles helps with standing too. The larger the bjd, the thicker the string. And how tight it needs to be strong? Difficult, but too tight and you might put to much stress on the resin and that causes fractures and chips - so... be careful.

10. @Cyador Thanks for the tips! I'm thinking of getting him some new string then and I'll look into that, I know someone told me to try Volks silicone suede? I want to really love this body so I'm think I won't give up on him just yet. :)

Also I ordered a black resin body as well! I haven't finished his layaway though. Haha

11. :o You gave up on him, @Peachy! :XD

12. [​IMG]

Been a couple of years since i posted this guy in here xD Can't say that i've fully bonded with him, but Masaru is the butler of another of my crew ~

13. @Pandy Haha yea, but I know he's going to a good home! :)

14. I just got my boy in and he is new to me, in box and certificate and everything and he is very floppy. What size elastic do you think he needs? I want to suede mine as well.

15. Thanks!

16. I just ordered some elastic. I got a whim to try to just tighten his elastic. I managed to take him apart and get him back together. He is better but I think suedong will be required. I think I might try to hot glue sued him later tonight or I might just make him some pants so he is decent.

17. @arianabauer where did you find the elastic? Just for future reference so I know where to find 5mm string since I know that's what he'll need. :)

18. I got a most interesting tip in the fabricstore this afternoon. I asked for 5mm elastic and she told me they buy their elastic (the good stuf we use) through sail equipment stores... And if I can believe the websites here I should be able to get 10 meter 5mm thick elastic for the same price I would pay for 2 or 3 meters from Dollmore... So if you have any of those kind of shops around?

19. @Cyador really!? Wow! I don’t really know if I do, but I’ll definitely be looking!

Tags: